World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rime

<Donor>
Also what happened to Wrathion?

They were going to introduce him in Highmountain, in the cave where you learn the story about Deathwing, but they felt players would not be happy with him after the shit he pulled in MoP and then hardly (you 'vaguely' see him running away in one quest) showing up in WoD - Which is ass. His whole thing was 'we have to prepare/unite you guys to fight the Burning Legion!1!!1'.

Who knows. Maybe when he ate the heart, he learned that the Void Lords are the real enemy and he is off studying them. Waste of a possibly fun character. Instead, we get more Dadghar and Illidan (Who is actually not horrible in the storyline so far), then the 'Army of the Light' Leaders that only people who played the RTS/or are Alliance care about.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I highly doubt he's going away, I feel like he's just going to show up again pretty soon but who knows. I mean it's a good character for the fact that nobody knows if we can trust him or not so all theories about him could be possible. I like the idea of him being responsible for bringing in a new age of dragon aspects, cause at the moment they're dying off one by one.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Never got the fox mount stuff on any of my characters.
I was trying for almost a year to get it on my main, who religiously did everything Suramar.

My DK alt barely unlocked the zone, and got it from an emissary chest in July, of course.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Thought it was 8k that was the rep gate, but apparently not. Hadn't done anything for it in a while, but hit it hard today again finishing everything that I could. #FeelsGoodMan !!
They've announced that they dropped the rep gates for the Suramar questline, so you can finish it for flying without having to go beyond revered.

Of course they did that because they just made flying impossible in the new zones...

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Illidan (Who is actually not horrible in the storyline so far),
Illidan has more snark than anyone else so far.

I was also waiting for him to tell Turalyon that even the Legion offered to change you rather than forcing it upon you...

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I've only gotten past the SJW windchime dying part, but so far it feels like there's more story packed into an hour in Argus, than the entirety of Broken Shore.

Welcome back Blizz A team, we missed you.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
SJW windchime

I lul'd. Xe'ra was so poorly written, though. Hey, look guys, it's the progenitor of virtually an entire species, here to tell us about our doom -- no, wait, it's a battery to empower our weapons. Carry on.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I lul'd. Xe'ra was so poorly written, though. Hey, look guys, it's the progenitor of virtually an entire species, here to tell us about our doom -- no, wait, it's a battery to empower our weapons. Carry on.

The Naaru are the worst part of WoW Lore. And that's saying something.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
They are pretty solid middle of the pack single target dps. ToS really caters to their strength which is AoE/cleave fights with lots of movement. I don't think they will be parsing near as strong in the next tier but they won't likely drop below "ok" if you are fine with that.

Boomkin is pretty legit right now, im 910ish on mine and pull 900-1100 single target (4 pc is a huge dps boost). Boomkin are very legendary dependent though, its almost required to swap gear/lego's between fights if you dont want to pull shit dps.

The Argus storyline is pretty much shit, here's Xe'ra a being we must protect that hangs out in our order hall and tells us about the future and what we need to do. then illidan has a tantrum and blows it up, guess we'll use it as a battery whateverlols.

also all of illidan's lines and reasoning for doing things had to be written by a reaper main.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Meh, I'll never claim Blizz is the pinnacle of story and lore creation. Most of the main storylines going back to WC3 are the equivalent of teenage book series like Dragonlance ect.

My issue was BS was completely devoid of anything memorable. I don't actually remember shit, except dadghar kept sending me out on stupid missions, and perhaps the class hall related stuff.

Argus has an actual storyline, with various plot lines going, I'm actually interested in whats going on. Feels like an RPG again, not a korean grind-a-thon.

Besides, can't make the story and lore too complex, 90% of blizzards customers are fucking idiots.

• 1Solidarity

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'm holding my breath on this one until Antorus is released, to see how the Argus version of the NH/ToS pre-questing works out. If they don't manage to fuck that up, this might actually be a decent content patch.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I love boomkins. Unfortunately ours keep disappearing
Actually wouldn't mind trying to get back into raiding again, but prob take me a week or two to get an acceptable ilvl I'm comfortable with. At least I kept AK/AP maintained, was Concordance 3 when I quit, and wasn't even attempting to grind out the AP.

Likely just stick to fun runs initially, I fucking hate being "that guy"

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I laugh every time I see Turalyon crouch behind something trying to be stealthy. The guy is lit up like a Christmas tree lol.

"Someone leave the light on behind that rock over there?"

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Actually wouldn't mind trying to get back into raiding again, but prob take me a week or two to get an acceptable ilvl I'm comfortable with. At least I kept AK/AP maintained, was Concordance 3 when I quit, and wasn't even attempting to grind out the AP.

Likely just stick to fun runs initially, I fucking hate being "that guy"
Do you know how to do mechanics? Do you do more DPS than the tanks?

You are officially not "that guy". Welcome!

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I laugh every time I see Turalyon crouch behind something trying to be stealthy. The guy is lit up like a Christmas tree lol.

"Someone leave the light on behind that rock over there?"

I laugh every time I see Turalyon because the first time he showed up, I quick read his name as Tarlyton. Which was the name of the cigs in the move Idiocracy, and, conveniently, that movie title sums up my thoughts on WoW lore since mid/late panda land...

• 1Worf

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I laugh every time I see Turalyon because the first time he showed up, I quick read his name as Tarlyton. Which was the name of the cigs in the move Idiocracy, and, conveniently, that movie title sums up my thoughts on WoW lore since mid/late panda land...

Still one of the best movies made, it's sad, never expected it to actually be Nostradamus level shit, and start becoming reality in my lifetime.

So greater rifts, err invasions, its basically world boss 3.0 right? No LFG mechanic behind it? What do yall do just form a group the old fashioned way, or use group finder? Doesn't give me the option to find group.