World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont see whats so game breaking about a fucking circle over a persons head. Or a radar. Or anything that draws attention to a boss mechanic. There are tell-tale signs on the affected targets already, so whats the difference? If Blizzard is really upset about this, then they need to do a better job at making mechanics more visible and stop bitching. But I guess Im more liberal in this sense because I like accessibility and the ability to modify aspects of the game in my games. Besides, if that fight is made trivial by anything in that video.. then it was trivial or easy to remedy in the first place. Which we all know a single mechanic is not going to do that and that fight isnt easy.

As for programming, I can help you Noodle. I made my own combat routine for Akylie. I havent looked into UI coding at all though, so take that offer at its base value. Im just not exactly keen on anything that may be hazardous to my account again, however.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The problem with the daggers is it shows everyone in the raid exactly where they're going to land. The soak stuff i don't know about

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol look at this WA functionality (its actually tidy plates but holy shit).

this will get changed in a hotfix in the next 24 hours i bet.
He's got a pretty sweet UI though. Gotta give him that bruhs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sulrn

Deuces
WoW, a game where you program the game to play the game for you and cry when it breaks or someone writes a better v.i. instead of complaining about over-tuning / poor development? Am I getting that right?

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
we pretty much exclusively complain about over-tuning (or poor tuning) and irrational development decisions 99% of the time

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah man just parachute in and cherry pick a singular video posted 12 hours ago as the Pinnacle and summation of complaining. A true fucking draegan move

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
WoW, a game where you program the game to play the game for you and cry when it breaks or someone writes a better v.i. instead of complaining about over-tuning / poor development? Am I getting that right?
Easy there, trooper. Read the last few pages again before you paint over everything with the wrong hyper-inflated statement.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Re-watched the Mists of Pandaria cinematic owing to the 5-year anniversary of its release. I may be in the minority, but I really liked MoP. I think I had more actual fun during the Pandaria era than at any other point in WoW history.

I wonder if we will get another cultural-exploration / light-hearted expansion before we set off into a full on epic battle against The Darkne...err The Void.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Re-watched the Mists of Pandaria cinematic owing to the 5-year anniversary of its release. I may be in the minority, but I really liked MoP. I think I had more actual fun during the Pandaria era than at any other point in WoW history.

I wonder if we will get another cultural-exploration / light-hearted expansion before we set off into a full on epic battle against The Darkne...err The Void.
Because of your post, I tried remembering back at the most fun I had in WoW, and I can't do it. :( Sure, I remember a lot of time spent in WoW, but not a single moment strikes me as this was awesome!

Oops... just thought of something. Was playing a Mage in the SSC/TK era, and I remember DPS racing everyone on Vashj progression. That was pretty fun to come out on top. Playing a Resto druid from Vanilla through forever, I wouldn't say any of those moments were "fun" , haha! Maybe finally killing the end boss of TK? that fight was pretty intense.

Is it just because I've played it so long, taken so many breaks, or what? My 10+ years of WoW time has just blurred into a bland ball of boring. :(

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
You're a broken human being. That explains a lot, actually.

I can say I've had genuine moments of fun with every single expansion, usually on the initial leveling up through the content.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
MOP was out during the time I was heavily into engineering school so couldn't do much besides level and LFR. I actually love it aesthetically, I just have no connection with it.

I've enjoyed every expansion. Besides the first 3 iterations of the game, this is the longest I've played consecutively. I'm enjoying the guild a lot and just playing when I can. Good break from life

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

I can pin point exact moments in each expansion where I enjoyed myself. I typically only play one character so a lot of the burn out from dailies never hit me like it did people with alts.

Classic and BC just kind of seem to blur together and I remember feeling like a cog in a machine to get world first. Not exactly enjoyable, but rewarding. WoTLK was fun for me a bunch of times, anything from farming Sons of Hodir and killing people on my pvp server at the same time, to tanking Naxx and watching my raid group surpass the main raid group. Cata, being the smallest amount of time I played during any expansion, I really enjoyed watching the fire lands dailies build that small base of operations up and looked forward to that. But I didnt really care for any of the raids. MoP I really enjoyed my little fucking farm and raiding the fuck out of SOO for fucking ever because Mythic SOO was obnoxiously fun. Draenor I enjoyed the garrison, and the world, but hated raiding and quit shortly after finishing Heroic HM. I just think that had more to do with the people I raided with, more so than the content.

I still hold firm that I think Legion is the best expansion WoW has ever had. I think the first 6 months of Legion was the best that the team at Blizzard has ever done. I enjoyed the world, EN, the dailies, the WQ's, the class hall quests etc. The expansion has devolved quite a bit though. Not to the point that its no longer the best expansion, but some of their choices have made it not as enjoyable as it used to be. The RNG factor seems more up close and personal now than it has ever felt, and I feel like I have less control over what direction my character takes now more than I have ever felt in all of my play time of WoW.

• 2Solidarity

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MOP is probably my favorite expansion. They just had the systems right in it. The setting didn't feel very WOW like, and I remember not liking that part. But the lore behind the Sha wasn't horrible from a WOW stand point. I really enjoyed all the raids, even if I did have to raid heroic SOO for like 16 months. Legion was the best at the start, but it really makes top tier people burn out fast. The prospect of having 2 or 3 raid ready (to my standards anyway) toons is just way to much. It has introduced (or at least firmly doubled down) on some of the worst systems introduced to this game. Really not liking the route WOW is going at the moment and I hope some of the top tier guilds like Method and Exorsus speak out against it a bit more. I mean I'm so scared of them nerfing my class right now because I know I'd probably quit. I couldn't stand getting another toon geared up right now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can pin point exact moments in each expansion where I enjoyed myself. I typically only play one character so a lot of the burn out from dailies never hit me like it did people with alts.

Classic and BC just kind of seem to blur together and I remember feeling like a cog in a machine to get world first. Not exactly enjoyable, but rewarding. WoTLK was fun for me a bunch of times, anything from farming Sons of Hodir and killing people on my pvp server at the same time, to tanking Naxx and watching my raid group surpass the main raid group. Cata, being the smallest amount of time I played during any expansion, I really enjoyed watching the fire lands dailies build that small base of operations up and looked forward to that. But I didnt really care for any of the raids. MoP I really enjoyed my little fucking farm and raiding the fuck out of SOO for fucking ever because Mythic SOO was obnoxiously fun. Draenor I enjoyed the garrison, and the world, but hated raiding and quit shortly after finishing Heroic HM. I just think that had more to do with the people I raided with, more so than the content.

I still hold firm that I think Legion is the best expansion WoW has ever had. I think the first 6 months of Legion was the best that the team at Blizzard has ever done. I enjoyed the world, EN, the dailies, the WQ's, the class hall quests etc. The expansion has devolved quite a bit though. Not to the point that its no longer the best expansion, but some of their choices have made it not as enjoyable as it used to be. The RNG factor seems more up close and personal now than it has ever felt, and I feel like I have less control over what direction my character takes now more than I have ever felt in all of my play time of WoW.
Don't forget the best part. You get to play with people like me

• 1Solidarity

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There's a lot of Expansions I'd probably say I had a lot of fun in... if we cut the last third of their run off. I enjoyed the shit out of early/mid MoP and Cataclysm. I even enjoyed SoO for the first 6 months, and Dragonsoul for the like, month it had anything new to do (I had more FUCK YES reaction to getting my Heroic Girth'talak than I did any legendary or artifact weapon). 10 months later still farming the same content? Not as enthused.

I secretly enjoyed having 54 dailies to do in MoP at the start, but I'm a horrible human being who doesn't mind AP or AA grinds. I'd probably actually like Korean MMOs if they weren't dedicated to being terrible pvp/action combat messes.

For personal enjoyment level, I'd probably go WotLK>Vanilla>MoP=Cata>TBC>Legion>>>>>>>>>>>WoD

Last edited:

Daidraco

Don't forget the best part. You get to play with people like me

Actually, ya! Last time I enjoyed being involved in a guild was in WoTLK. It was tough at first cause I wasnt getting any heals. But now that thats settled.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

There's a lot of Expansions I'd probably say I had a lot of fun in... if we cut the last third of their run off. I enjoyed the shit out of early/mid MoP and Cataclysm. I even enjoyed SoO for the first 6 months, and Dragonsoul for the like, month it had anything new to do. 10 months later still farming the same content? Not as enthused.

I secretly enjoyed having 54 dailies to do in MoP at the start, but I'm a horrible human being who doesn't mind AP or AA grinds. I'd probably actually like Korean MMOs if they weren't dedicated to being terrible pvp/action combat messes.

I think it brings out the Sims player in us. I "think" dailies dont bother me much when I feel like they have an impact on something. For instance, the farm in MoP. You got more land, more shit to do. You built your farm up and was able to just do shit with it. Fire Lands Dailies, you built your base up. Shit changed around you etc. ... World Quests seem to have taken their place, and I dont mind them as something "to do" but I dont get any joy out of essentially grinding rep and AP.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Actually, ya! Last time I enjoyed being involved in a guild was in WoTLK. It was tough at first cause I wasnt getting any heals. But now that thats settled.
A couple people said that, I tried to look into it but I couldn't really find evidence but honestly it was hard to pinpoint. Enough of you guys said it to concern me though. But that chapter ended in a fireball anyways.. so.. the guild is good now lol

• 2Worf

xzi

Mouthbreather
I want Ion's shirt, lol. The end of the video he says they're announcing the next expansion at Blizzcon, woo boy