World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Lets talk about LFR for a moment. I'm sitting in one of the wings of SoO waiting for it to actually start because the instance kicked off with both tanks and 4 of the healers immediately leaving before they finished zoning in. After some queue shuffling there is one tank (paladin) with 456k hit points, but also a shaman healer with 296k hits. I decide to check out her gear and low and behold we have 372 rings, legs and bracers plus a smattering of 410-420 blues. Of course there is also Hellscreams Warmace at 561** but that can't by itself be getting this person into the zone... so what the fuck??

Some of the problems with the game you can blame on the playerbase, but other elements are entirely preventable with more sensible matchmaking. Surely some intern at Blizzard is compiling the statistics on instances initiated vs activity and noticing these things?

** Mace has had its Spirit reforged to +hit because... I have no idea. I'm guessing this person doesn't know how Spirit works in a hybrid dps even though it happens to be playing a healing spec?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
If you qualify to enter a LFR in one spec, you can queue in for any spec even if your gearscore is way too low in that spec.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why is General still the hardest fight in SoO. Either raid can't stop attacking on boss, or they don't target adds. It's so sad.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I surprisingly queued in for LFR with a group that was on their second attempt of Garrosh and we got it without a single death. Feeling good about this, I queued for the 3rd wing. 4 stacks of determination before Malkorok, the easiest boss in the entirety of SoO (except maybe Immersus) went down because I don't even know why and for the first time ever, I actually witness an entire LFR disband.

Needless

Toe Sucker
hardest time ive had in LFR was spoils, but i havent tried garrosh yet lol nazgrim isn't that bad, seem to get him after 1 wipe or so

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
hardest time ive had in LFR was spoils, but i havent tried garrosh yet lol nazgrim isn't that bad, seem to get him after 1 wipe or so
I wiped 4 times on spoils and quit out to queue up on my hunter, got my 'bag' in the mail 2 hours later .... some of the LFR people are troopers.

I just want to check but when I right click my character frame I can select spec does that mean I can queue as ret and change it on a per boss basis for that loot? Several bosses I have all the ret items I need from them so would love to start filling in my holes on my prot set.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Why is General still the hardest fight in SoO. Either raid can't stop attacking on boss, or they don't target adds. It's so sad.
I feel it helps when you explain to them that he shares the same pool of HP.

I had a 1% wipe because people let assassins wander around raping people at the end.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yes you can do it by boss, just make sure you select what spec you want before the fight.. you can't do do it mid fight

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yes you can do it by boss, just make sure you select what spec you want before the fight.. you can't do do it mid fight
Ok I figured that part just wanted to make sure
biggrin.png

So who all is Horde and wouldn't mind some odd hour flex time?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I believe it has to have been inactive 6 months and not had a SoR before? I forget exactly why but my buddy who stopped playing in feb was ineligible.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So wrapped up SoO LFR today and will be wrapping up flex on Saturday I think. Overall, I think the xpac grew on me. Some nice drama, and horde-side it seems to have some thinly veiled allusions to Sylvanas being the next horde problem child. A shame, because I'll be on her side for sure.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have both horde and Alliance 90s. Add me for flex. Did my first flex with a rerolled member yesterday with my 513 lock and it was pretty easy. I wanna do some flex with my horde druid too. Working on getting my dk to 90 so I can tank.

Add me. Penance#1464

Nxs_sl

shitlord
Just did the first two wings of SoO flex mode. Downed everything in 1.5 hrs, no wipes. This is just so much better than LFR. I think I'm done with that forever!