World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rime

<Donor>
I would hope it is just visuals, if anything - I have no interest in playing them. But I think the big idea for Blizzard would be one free with the expansion purchase and then $10-15 for each other one you want. Reel in those whale dollars, gents! Moby has gotta change each of his bland races to the new+gooder subrace!

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What does a subrace bring to the table? More unbalance for racial abilities? Just visuals? Absolute waste of time and resources if it’s true.
Absolutely nothing, but people are going nuts about it for no reason.

Remember when people went nuts because the cataclysm revamped azeroth? Yeah that was a waste of resources too

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

Remember when people went nuts because the cataclysm revamped azeroth? Yeah that was a waste of resources too
That was at least story and all new quests and a big baddy. It might have been all terrible but it wasn’t an expansion selling point on skins for races!

People are sheep.

Burns

I also think its a dumb idea, but I would think its a time and resource saving move, if true. Some recolors and maybe some extra flourish here or there, toss in some different "racial" abilities from ideas that are sitting in the recycle bin and viola, say you are adding something for almost nothing. They dont need to make a new race frame, animations, or think up a new dance, which are all huge time investments.

Maybe they look at the amount of people playing pandas and think people dont want new races, instead of realizing how ugly pandas are. I dont know which I hate worse, Space Goats or Pandas!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
M
I also think its a dumb idea, but I would think its a time and resource saving move, if true. Some recolors and maybe some extra flourish here or there, toss in some different "racial" abilities from ideas that are sitting in the recycle bin and viola, say you are adding something for almost nothing. They dont need to make a new race frame, animations, or think up a new dance, which are all huge time investments.

Maybe they look at the amount of people playing pandas and think people dont want new races, instead of realizing how ugly pandas are. I dont know which I hate worse, Space Goats or Pandas!
Some of us enjoy pandas thank you very much

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

I used to love Worgen, wanted every toon to be worgen, and I know they are almost universally disliked as well. Glad I resisted the urge to worgenafie my roster.

Shadowmeld master race!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Honestly if they could do some of the legion level scaling in the old world a lot of the cata revamped old zones would be a lot more appealing to people. A lot of those zones are pretty damn fun after their revamp its just that you level so god damn fast its almost impossible to finish them before everything is greyed out to you. Like the red ridge rambo stuff or the quest line that has you fly your motorcycle into the sky to punch death wing IN THE FACE. If you could do scaling ranges to let people at least do some of the zones fully without having to just keep plugging away after everything stops giving you XP it would really help the leveling experience and allow better usage of those zones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
There is a nice chunk of the non-l33t playerbase that still, amazingly, just likes levelling up tons of characters. For those people having such window dressing would be a major chunk of content.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah. I mean, belf, belf or belf? Tough choice is tough.

I dunno horde has some amazing races when it comes to what you need for your class. Need more mobility, get yourself a goblin (goblin DK op). Need more utility in raid and M+ BELF or Tauren can usually fill those roles with Tauren a little better in M+ and BELF a little better in raid. Orcs arguably look the coolest in certain armors so that's obviously a DPS increase and troll is still the master race in WOW, but fucking clip through anything xmog so yea. Undead suck in every way, and I don't even know what pandas do.