World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
So..... finally got heirloom ring from ship missions..... discover there's actually 3... what a waste of heirloom upgrade items to try and use them all. So I'm working on mission for a second. Second time 98% chance mission fucking failed. Fucking horseshit. WTF is this a hairbrained schemes engine. (Notorious seemingly false %'s in their games)
I assume your talking about the heirloom rings from WoD naval mission board, but yeah failed multiple times on those myself. Took 4 trys on the caster version alone, somewhere around 98% + each. If i remember right I got the agi/melee dps first try. I dunno what the 3rd ring is myself.

I only have luck with mounts myself, ask Kurn or the rest of WoW FoH lol. Aside from years of trying to get the Onyxia mount, I just stumble over the rest of the so called rare mounts lol.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
There are agi, str, and int rings from naval missions. I did them all at Legion launch since I basically skipped that abortion WoD.

Still not as bullshit as the 2nd heirloom +exp ring being locked behind the fishing tourney.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
There are agi, str, and int rings from naval missions. I did them all at Legion launch since I basically skipped that abortion WoD.

Still not as bullshit as the 2nd heirloom +exp ring being locked behind the fishing tourney.

I never could get that fishing ring. Tried many times and was always like seconds late. Didn't need it, but would be cool to have.

I bet there's some optimum setup for winning it. My dude had max fishing, Lego fishing pole, etc.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I refuse to go through those naval missions just to get those rings. The rest of the gear is so powerful that missing that one piece isnt going to be a noticeable difference. Just the completionist in you begging.

Sludig

Other than specific timing sucking, I got the ring from fishing pretty easy. Just a tiny bit of preplanning and setting hearth to booty bay got it on my first try.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I refuse to go through those naval missions just to get those rings. The rest of the gear is so powerful that missing that one piece isnt going to be a noticeable difference. Just the completionist in you begging.

So I've been trying to twink out a level 60 so I can boost myself through dungeons with full exp + LFD queue bonus and I found out that ilvl is treated as a stat in lower level instanced pve (dungeons/raids) in everything up through Legion. One item still won't make a huge difference in your average equipped ilvl but that ring could account for 2-3% dps by itself.

70-79 - 70 PvE Guide

How we gear our characters for PvE is affected largely by something we call the ilvl boost. It's a hidden effect that increases your strength in any role relative to your characters average ilvl. The ilvl boost is only active inside of PvE instances i.e. raids and dungeons.
Here is the mathematical formula used to calculate the effect:
Code:
( X - 115 ) * 1.66 = percentage gain in damage and healing
X - 115  = percentage less damage taken
X is your currently equipped average ilvl rounded down.
For example, a character with an average ilvl of 150,9 would gain (150-115)*1.66=58,1% more damage and healing done and take 150-115=35% less damage.

The ilvl of the formula seems to be the ilvl of blue dungeon items that drop at your current level (so for a level 60 it seems to be ilvl 66). Heirloom are ilvl 85 at level 60. So if you had an average ilvl of 85 at 60 the formula would be

Code:
(85-66) * 1.66

1 item won't effect average ilvl by a ton but it could affect it a decent amount if you've had shit luck trying to get other drops in that slot.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Other than specific timing sucking, I got the ring from fishing pretty easy. Just a tiny bit of preplanning and setting hearth to booty bay got it on my first try.

You got lucky. The thing is region wide now, it's a total crapfest.

Sludig

As I understood it, it's.... region wide, but you can have 1 winner per server. So when I did it a few "winners" were announced and it's over before I turned in. And a couple after me. This was only like 1 maybe 2 months ago?
You got lucky. The thing is region wide now, it's a total crapfest.

Sludig

First non weapon artifact from emissary. Weight of the Earth high/low on arms or any war spec of shit/good scale?

Jox

Molten Core Raider
It is useless for single target outside of its stats, one of the best for prolonged/frequent aoe.

Daidraco

So I've been trying to twink out a level 60 so I can boost myself through dungeons with full exp + LFD queue bonus and I found out that ilvl is treated as a stat in lower level instanced pve (dungeons/raids) in everything up through Legion. One item still won't make a huge difference in your average equipped ilvl but that ring could account for 2-3% dps by itself.

Which isnt noticeable as you level. You're already hitting shit like a MAC Truck. 2-3% in a Mythic Raid is a noticeable gain. Unless you were being sarcastic in some weird way.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hey man, this is FoH. I'm doing god's work by letting everyone know about the hidden ilvl mechanic. But sadly, you are no longer hitting like a mac truck while you level. It's really... really slow in instanced dungeons now.

They really nerfed the fuck out player damage in the 1-60 game. It's painful.

• 2Solidarity

Dalien

Registered Hodor
They really nerfed the fuck out player damage in the 1-60 game. It's painful.

1-60 is a serious slog now, so is 60-80 now normally.

If they haven't fixed it yet you can rush 58-80 doing TBC heroics (ramparts), the scaling is all kinds of fucked up. If you set it to normal the scaling kicks in and you get your ass stomped by the first trash pack. If you set it to heroic you can pull 20-30 mobs at a time and AoE them down for huge exp without a scratch. You'll get a level every 10 minutes or so.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It looks like the new silithus BG is active today and for the next week. Looks like it is in the rotation temporarily probably trying to funnel folks into playing it to knock out any remaining bugs/balance issues before it goes more permanently live.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
It looks like the new silithus BG is active today and for the next week. Looks like it is in the rotation temporarily probably trying to funnel folks into playing it to knock out any remaining bugs/balance issues before it goes more permanently live.

I see what you did there...

• 2Worf

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are starting to parse more of the forms for the zandalari druids. Man I may have to remake my damn druid because dino turtle tank and raptorboomkin forms are pretty freaking epic.