World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dumb old content question no one cares about....

Archaelogy quests from Dalaran. Do they forcibly remove the weekly quest if you dont finish it when it changes zones? I was almost done w/ a highmountain one for a spectral moose mount. (600 fucking fragments) But now I can't seem to see it in my log. I figured I could just pick it up where I left off when that zone rotated thru again?

Oh and re embarrassing useless bandages? Engineer healing bandage gun, 96k..... I wouldnt even see my bar move with that little. At least the headgun pops a trash mob for a decent bit for laughs.

Rime

<Donor>
Archaeology quests are up for two weeks at a time, then they change. You have to wait 24 WEEKS for it to be back up again.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Dumb old content question no one cares about....

Archaelogy quests from Dalaran. Do they forcibly remove the weekly quest if you dont finish it when it changes zones? I was almost done w/ a highmountain one for a spectral moose mount. (600 fucking fragments) But now I can't seem to see it in my log. I figured I could just pick it up where I left off when that zone rotated thru again?

Oh and re embarrassing useless bandages? Engineer healing bandage gun, 96k..... I wouldnt even see my bar move with that little. At least the headgun pops a trash mob for a decent bit for laughs.
That quest is gone now. Have to restart it when it rotates back which is in August.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That seems really retarded.
Completely. I usually do archeology in every expansion (I'm still trying to finish the Ogre Pristine collection from Draenor, for example), but that's the first time I entirely skipped it except for the basic achieve (do any 8 quests). The idea that I have a deadline for archeology is... bad.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
the zandalari forms look pretty legit...the problem is that is the one form you'll be looking at the entire expansion so it better be good

- still salty zandalari can't be monks

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's just a "Weekly" type quest for the Archaeology mount, people. Plenty of other weekly type quests in this game. Think of it no different as you would a Garrison/Class Hall mission with a cooldown timer on it, or a World Quest that has a time limit until it vanishes.

You can still go Archaeology all you want outside of this quest, just as you did in other expansions. :p

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Archaeology is my second favorite part of WoW besides pet battles.

• 4Worf
  • 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
It took about 2 hours to do the moose mount arch quest. Almost worth it. At least you can do it at 1 skill.

Malakriss

Don't you have to do 8 of those quests ( 2 months worth ) for an artifact appearance anyways? Hopefully account wide unlock...

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, those weekly or bi-weekly Arch quests are part of that achievement for one of the color schematics on an Artifact skin.

Malakriss

Guild leader came back from month long vacation today. (Update: he was doing veiled argunite missions from the phone app). He got a 920 arcano with a socket.

We cannot gkick him. This is unfair.

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Guild leader came back from month long vacation today. (Update: he was doing veiled argunite missions from the phone app). He got a 920 arcano with a socket.

We cannot gkick him. This is unfair.

Blah, fuck that rng. I still haven't got one yet, and at this point idk if i'm gonna keep trying much longer.