World of Warcraft: Current Year

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
For awhile I thought he was building up to getting rid of hard factions, that alliance and horde would have to work together. So far pretty meh for an ex-player. Was looking for something to bring me back in and I really don't see anything interesting. Guess I'll follow the panels to get the full details.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I kinda like the idea of redoing the Outlands 58-70 quests because (I assume) this is a different timeline.

Bumping the level cap to 100 says (to me) that they tossed their original "legion at 95, old gods at 100" plan after Titan blew up and a decade from now people will be running around at level 150 or so.
That was never a plan, btw.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think they realized that no one wants to start a game and level from 1-100. That's extremely daunting. They should have just reset the levels to 0.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Didnt get to pay much attention due to work, but i saw the shit about garrisons and boosting to 90 - what else was there besides new continent/land/wtfever.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
>boost to level 90 immediately and play

Oh boy. #RIP everything prior to this.
Milking the final stage of the product life cycle. This will bring people back in droves for a spurt of final subscription revenue before the final decline.

that Garrison thing is like the "build your own farm" to the extreme, maybe with the added fun of "when you build this keep then a bunch of new daily quest givers spawn along with it"

Juvarisx

Florida
I was surprised they didn't have a CGI trailer ready for it unless they want to debut it at the WoW panel

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My predictions: (some I'm going out on a limb on)

- no new class or race; agreed that this selling point will be updated models
- new xpac area will either be Outland or some other planet in twisting nether. May have Azshara's area as a zone to conclude N'Zoth stuff
- Hearthstone in WoW will be the dance studio of the xpac
- WG or AV-ish area will be combined with Timeless Isle approach for one end-game zone
- 10 man or normal mode raiding will be axed. (This is out there IMO)
- an invasion world event triggers the reason we go to Outland 2.0
- warlocks get a class specific, legion-based flying mount
- kil'jaeden dies this xpac
- Draenei and Velen take center stage in this xpac
- we meet and possibly fight our first Titan (they are more cold toward us like the dude was to humans in Prometheus)
- timeless isle and battlefield barrens gets over-fucking done this xpac
- wrathion upholds his fathers purpose but in a nearly cold ambivalent way that sees a major alliance casualty (varian) against the legion, stopping a plan to destroy Azeroth
Nailed the first one and the second. Surprised at the the third not making it in. Seems like I missed everything else but the Draenei, timeless isle so far.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Regarding the Garrison stuff, some of the hottest android games are thinks like Little Empire and (something) Clans. Essentially build your base, invade others, defend your base and then upgrade and build etc. This is probably something like that. Just some kind of minigame to play.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
"In addition to offering four tiers of difficulty as in Patch 5.4, we're also extending our Flexible Raid scaling technology to Normal difficulty raiding."

So they are indeed flexing Normal, but keeping it a distinct difficulty.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I have to say, that is the most un-inspiring WoW trailer I have ever seen. :S Nothing in it makes me want to resub. Thank god!