World of Warcraft: Current Year

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
" In addition, we'll be retiring a few stats that players don't find very enjoyable to manage, such as Hit and Expertise."

Always fucking hated hit.

spronk

FPS noob
draenor is outlands, before it got all fucked up right? kinda boring to go back to that, especially if no new classes, races, professions, etc. I'll probably resub in a few months just to check out 6.0 and stuff, but first xpac I can see skipping until it goes on a big sale. Nothing I'm seeing makes me want to play, which is kinda sad since I have been pretty jazzed for every single wow xpac to date - loved MOP too.

wonder what the timeline is too, release in 6-9 months?

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Any stat that is best until X then useless afterwards is going to be a disaster.

Move speed just seems like a mess for pvp balancing.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Well Horde its been fun. But this has me thinking about being Alliance for the first time ever.

The Alliance will defend Karabor (Black Temple) and make it their main city this expansion.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well the Garrison makes sense given how nifty the farm was in Pandaria... seems to be taking that and merging it with tradeskills / Bioware companions / STO duty officers.

So will Outland still exist as incredibly out-of-date content for 60-70?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This xpac has me excited like WOTLK honestly. Its a lot of stuff I want to sort of run around in in a 3-D world.

What a major ret-con...so the garrosh being the catalyst leak was correct? I missed the start of that leaked stream. That part sounds awful, but are wegoing to be fighting another lich king and shit??

Seems to me like this is only a small expansion to act as a lead-in to the Burning Legion one next, with the changed timeline and stuff Mannoroth, Kil'jaden, Vashj and Kael'thas are still alive and can make a reappearance. And Illidan, hope you are prepared.

Chakravartin_sl

shitlord
Yea, the trailer was underwhelming and 2 of their 6 new zones look boring. Too much brown (rocks) and swamp. Not a good start. I guess if you beat off to your fem characters the new models will make it worth the purchase

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I"m too much a fanboy. I'm just curious what the whole thing is going to do....I do agree. Relaunch and go for it, but this could be damn cool if they can deliver on later xpacs.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty underwhelmed. The zones don't look different enough for me to care, and the idea of "fighting orcs everywhere all the time!" makes me sigh.

(Hell, its the worst parts of Cata (rehashed stuff) mixed with the worst parts of SWTOR (same models everywhere). Blech.)

I'll buy it and play it, sure, but I doubt I will be subscribed for more than one month per point release, if that.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Anything about timing of release? Nothing here so far looks exciting enough to keep people engaged out of anticipation.

What exactly is the Horde motivation for stopping Garrosh again? General "thou shalt not fuck with time space continuum?"

Im guessing Garrison will have a smartphone app to let you do stuff while offline.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't understand how and where garrison's are going to exist. Did I hear them say they won't be instanced like housing zones?

Juvarisx

Florida
Because Garrosh is Orc only and the majority of the horde including their leader aint Orc's. Anyways lore has always been secondary for me to the design and I like what I see so far. The player housing stuff looks neat and the removal of some shitty stats is a good sign. Raid design is the stuff that will make me decide if I resub or not, not oh Draenor zones don't look different to blah and blah.