World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Yea its probably quest hub proximity? if you are doing multiple characters saving an hour or so per character adds up

i just checked, they aren't top 10 they are top 100 guild - Vigil on Sargeras. Didn't realize it until i looked but my guild finished top 200 US. about a month separating the 2 guilds

EDIT: Misquoted myself again, they are on "infinity-mannoroth" a US top 50 guild ...this guy keeps climbing the guild ladder.

Last edited:

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
You talking about Vision(z.. lol) who moved to Thrall Horde? If not that makes 2 top 10 US guilds who had to empty their vault to xfer their entire guild.

My guild did this as well. Just transferred to thrall from lightbringing alliance and paid for everyone's transfer + race change with the guild vault.

2 day a week(6 hr) raiding guild, US 179. Changed for a similar reason, just too hard to recruit on alliance.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I really hate leveling toons during start of an expansion. It's feels like a waste of time. You want to hurry to level in order stay ahead of the curve. You level this one class and Blizzard decides to nerf it. Or you play a weaker class hoping it get buffed and it doesn't. I really wish they did a much better job of class balancing.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Just play a paladin, druid, rogue, mage or warlock. Those classes will 100% always be wanted for all content :p.

Lenaldo

I think monk, druid, or pally are the best if you are unsure. This way you can fill any role based on what you end up enjoying.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
or play something that provides a unique global buff DH provides 5% magic and monk provides 5% physical.

Preach did an interesting video about picking a class to stick with for the expansion, he's in the split raid community so he's looking at gearing 3 characters. He suggested picking something you like all 3(4 for druid) specs of because things are inevitably going to be nerfed to shit or buffed out the ass.

i'm sticking with warlock for the xpac, all 3 specs have a nice flow, i'll probably also try to level a tank up a little later.

BrM with the recent changes is looking strong, im assuming they'll nerf their numbers a little dps wise, but if they get the tuning on Guard correct the spec could be the best raid tank. dumping mystic vitality and making it partially baseline, and making the old lego ring (best straight survivability lego) a talent were pretty big steps. Guard scaling is the only thing missing atm. they need to look at making it a % of hp like AHR, and then tune it to only affect staggered damage and remove the dmg component.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenaldo

or play something that provides a unique global buff DH provides 5% magic and monk provides 5% physical.

Preach did an interesting video about picking a class to stick with for the expansion, he's in the split raid community so he's looking at gearing 3 characters. He suggested picking something you like all 3(4 for druid) specs of because things are inevitably going to be nerfed to shit or buffed out the ass.

i'm sticking with warlock for the xpac, all 3 specs have a nice flow, i'll probably also try to level a tank up a little later.

BrM with the recent changes is looking strong, im assuming they'll nerf their numbers a little dps wise, but if they get the tuning on Guard correct the spec could be the best raid tank. dumping mystic vitality and making it partially baseline, and making the old lego ring (best straight survivability lego) a talent were pretty big steps. Guard scaling is the only thing missing atm. they need to look at making it a % of hp like AHR, and then tune it to only affect staggered damage and remove the dmg component.

Definitely make sure to pick something you genuinely enjoy. I leveled a mage to start legion because they were so OP in beta, but they got dupstered pretty early and didnt recover until ToS. Switched back to rogue (what i played in vanilla+tbc) and enjoyed it even in ABT (which it was a middle of the road spec for most fights)

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Tanks/healers i think its fine going with a class that only has 1 spec you enjoy, but for dps i feel you'll need to enjoy all the options for your class (if youre raiding) because 1 is always going to be the "correct" option. if you aren't doing Mythic raiding play whatever the hell you want, just be good at it =p

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Mages were top tier in both EN (fire) and NH (frost). ToV was really the only "tier" they suffered.

Lenaldo

Hmm.. you are right. guess i just hated the spec. Admittedly I never got the damn fire bracers so i got frustrated and quit :).

Mage is back on the table! :)

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I don't do mythic raiding at all. I do normal and some herioc raids. I'm sure any tank can do normal and even heriocs without any issues. But I mainly do m+ as a tank. That's where I find my enjoyment at. When I'm not doing that I farm old raids for mounts, xmogs ect. I'm just trying to decide which tank I will choose. It's either BDK, Prot pally or a VDH and I got a strong feeling VDH will be hit with a nerf soon.

Nola

Trakanon Raider

Yeah I saw his video too. Play the class not the spec. He made some really valid points.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I usually enjoy levelling my first toon through an expansion, running the dungeons and getting geared up for raids then completing the first raid tier on heroic for AOTC. After that, I lose most of my motivation to continue until the next xpac.

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Just like in legion, unless you are pushing mythic raids in a top 20 guild, or pushing world first M+'s i don't think its going to matter what you play. Not to say that some things won't make it easier. like i progressed on Krosus (mythic) with a warrior tank, and a DH tank...even trying to break into US top 500 at the time was difficult with that comp because warriors needed so many CD's to survive it lead me to swapping to Monk.

I think they are balancing tanks a lot better this time around, a little too much homogenization is bad but hopefully they can find a happy middle ground. I'll probably play a BDK as my tank after i get the warlock geared - Unholy/Frost is also pretty decent atm. i seriously doubt a tank centered around insane self healing and hp pool will ever be bad (at least for M+).

i had a rocky start with guilds in legion, my original guild couldn't even kill nythendra on heroic. i went on to get cutting edge every tier. i'm glad im going into this expac with a solid guild foundation.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I really hate leveling toons during start of an expansion. It's feels like a waste of time. You want to hurry to level in order stay ahead of the curve. You level this one class and Blizzard decides to nerf it. Or you play a weaker class hoping it get buffed and it doesn't. I really wish they did a much better job of class balancing.

Yeah. It's one thing when they do either of these. OR like in Legion with hunters when they completely changed the MM playstyle right before ToV. It's one thing to do the change of playstyle for a class on the xpansion patches (6.x, 7.x etc.) but to vastly change it from the start of an expac right before nighthold was enraging. I just could not get the new rotation for MM to tick after. I was doing fine/topping meters in EN, then the change hit and I couldn't manage it at all and hated BM and definitely refused to do melee SV.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Just like in legion, unless you are pushing mythic raids in a top 20 guild, or pushing world first M+'s i don't think its going to matter what you play. Not to say that some things won't make it easier. like i progressed on Krosus (mythic) with a warrior tank, and a DH tank...even trying to break into US top 500 at the time was difficult with that comp because warriors needed so many CD's to survive it lead me to swapping to Monk.

I think they are balancing tanks a lot better this time around, a little too much homogenization is bad but hopefully they can find a happy middle ground. I'll probably play a BDK as my tank after i get the warlock geared - Unholy/Frost is also pretty decent atm. i seriously doubt a tank centered around insane self healing and hp pool will ever be bad (at least for M+).

i had a rocky start with guilds in legion, my original guild couldn't even kill nythendra on heroic. i went on to get cutting edge every tier. i'm glad im going into this expac with a solid guild foundation.
I'll probably play DK and stick with it. They're really good in m+ dungeons and will be fine in normal/heroic raids like any other tank. I wouldn't mind trying a warrior class also especially Fury build. They are really nice on beta and I've watched Asmongold farm old raids for xmog and mounts spamming whirlwind mowing down shit. But with the current state of prot I'm not sure how they will do in m+ dungeons. We'll see after the tunings.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hotfix today: Mythic Argus HP is reduced by 3% now and fears/rages do 15% less damage.

It might be time to find a guild now and get the title, also need a guild for the xpac since mine imploded and I was just friend/family rank in this other guild. Tried finding one right after my guild died but nobody was recruiting melee that was already progressing on Argus and I had experience to the 40% phase. I didn't feel like having to re-progress that far into Argus let alone Aggramar, which a lot of guilds that were recruiting, were on him.

I am going to stick with Warrior as my main and DK for alt in Bfa. Fury is in a good spot and Arms is a nice backup, but prot looks to be just okay. I'll probably play blood DK to get my tank fix, since I don't think I'll enjoy warrior that much and I dig the Frost changes.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Beta patch up. Best warrior change ever. lmao

EDIT: Hotfixed already. lol
reck.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like the fixed demonic commanders extending duration of other pets which is nice. They really buffed stormstrike for enhance which is expected it hit for less than lava lash which was weird.