World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
With how fucking last minute all this class work is, I'm just going to level all my tanks to 120 and see which one has non-garbage DPS and Tanking specs when they vomit out the pre-raid patch. Even pre-raid prepping 6 toons I'll probably have each of them better prepared for raid than half the people who show up to first raid night in my backwater shithole server.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Prot warrior block changes are actually good. Tanks in prot war discord are happy. May dust off my warrior for BFA. Vdh got a buff, bears got a nerf lol, prot pally stayed the same, bdk got a buffed and nerfed.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
damage balancing passes and final adjustments to spec basically always are the last thing that happens in a beta. And often continue to the first .1 pass of the expansion.

Rime

<Donor>
Unless you are a broken spec and they cannot fix you without a major overhaul - Then you get to wait until the next expansion.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
damage balancing passes and final adjustments to spec basically always are the last thing that happens in a beta. And often continue to the first .1 pass of the expansion.
Shit with Blizzard we probably looking at .2 or .3 patch.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I’m in the same boat... I mained shadow priest all legion but the way it looks now doesn’t look good. I’m loving my warlock and hunter but I’m not sure I want to main a true dps class. Shame I hate havoc bc vengeance is so much fun

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I’m in the same boat... I mained shadow priest all legion but the way it looks now doesn’t look good. I’m loving my warlock and hunter but I’m not sure I want to main a true dps class. Shame I hate havoc bc vengeance is so much fun
Priest discord server is drowning in tears how bad shadow is. They are worse off than shamans and many enhance are rerolling for BFA.
I'm in the same boat. Loving vengance but not fond of havoc especially it won't be like legion's demonic build. I'm not feeling the momentum build either. So most likely I'm doing warrior this expansion. Fury feels wonderful and with last night beta build prot got a nice buff to their block.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been having the same dilemma. Never started a war, rogue, or DK...and have mage/hunter in the 90s, cant decide which to boost

You can do the training area stuff I believe before consuming the boost if you want to try some classes out. Also PTS is up and you can do the level 100 training mode there too to test stuff out with various classes. If you have a mage/hunter in the 90s don't waste a boost on them. Go to your garrison buy some xp potions and just run to the bonus XP areas in the various zones that should get you at or close to 98 then can just move right to legion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Worse: All classes at 110, what do?

HAHA this is my situation. I think I have narrowed it between boomkin and warlock but warrior is looking really nice this go round fury looks sexy and arms seems improved. I think I am going to try demo warlock this go round if nothing else they solo stupidly well for level up and by the time raiding fires up at least one of the warlock specs is bound to be decent dps wise.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Priest discord server is drowning in tears how bad shadow is. They are worse off than shamans and many enhance are rerolling for BFA.
I'm in the same boat. Loving vengance but not fond of havoc especially it won't be like legion's demonic build. I'm not feeling the momentum build either. So most likely I'm doing warrior this expansion. Fury feels wonderful and with last night beta build prot got a nice buff to their block.
Ya I saw that. Sadly the tears are kind of justified the community has been writing non stop about all these problems all expansion. I wish they would’ve just left surrender alone. Better to be a one trick pony then to be the mess they are now. I may still main it out of loyalty and naive hope or I’m thinking either lock or Druid. I loved feral in legion and balance looks fun so at least there’s 3 specs I can enjoy

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Well enhance shaman just got a MASSIVE boost to their storm strike damage which was necesssary as it was doing less than freaking lava lash which was stupid. So their main dps rotation stuff seems to be back in order and earth shield offsets their squishyness and overall the rotation seems about what it is in legion so I am not 100% sure what the major gripe is now. Prior to this last patch though the gnashing was warranted with storm strike being more like wet noodle strike.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Im hoping the BfA pre-patch has some kind of boosted leveling path.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya I saw that. Sadly the tears are kind of justified the community has been writing non stop about all these problems all expansion. I wish they would’ve just left surrender alone. Better to be a one trick pony then to be the mess they are now. I may still main it out of loyalty and naive hope or I’m thinking either lock or Druid. I loved feral in legion and balance looks fun so at least there’s 3 specs I can enjoy

Shadow has been pretty clunky all legion and some of the buffs like the laser tentacles helped at least mitigate it and it still seems clunky in BfA. Their burst DPS does seem improved though not needing to dot up everything to smack groups with your shadow erruption is nice although it takes a bit to get used to in that it won't hit widely separated targets like it used to. I am afraid blizz just does not seem to know what they want to do with shadow so it has been stuck functional but awkward for a long time.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously they just need to bring Wand Spec back and make Shadow Priest the White DPS Caster Class.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Obviously they just need to bring Wand Spec back and make Shadow Priest the White DPS Caster Class.
Oh god you could call it the Harry Potter spec and have it yell out stupid sayings... but in old god writing

kaid kaid youre right. At least with surrender they excelled at something. I wonder if they’ll do what they did with survival in legion. Keep buffing the numbers until you do decent damage but not actually make it viable or good for anything.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh god you could call it the Harry Potter spec and have it yell out stupid sayings... but in old god writing

kaid kaid youre right. At least with surrender they excelled at something. I wonder if they’ll do what they did with survival in legion. Keep buffing the numbers until you do decent damage but not actually make it viable or good for anything.
STM was something that was unique and allowed them to excel at something but it was a horribly broken talent. It is either mandatory or it is useless you just can't balance something that you press this and when it expires it WILL kill you effectively. It also suffered from what got demo warlocks nerfed to the ground in WOD in that top end players could game the fuck out of it for stupidly good results where most casual middle line players it was basically unusable. So they could not buff damage up any more for the casuals without just breaking the game with the DPS the top players were doing.

I kinda expect it may be stuck in kind of the same pattern of legion where the numbers get played with so that it is functional and will be a reasonable choice in dungeons without being a great deal of fun to play. I have not tested them heavily on beta and they were still making some changes that could be decent but we will see.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I will note although still clunky there are some changes that overall make dungeon performance a bit better in BfA so maybe good for mythic for shadow priests. First if your tank can clump things its faster and easier to blast them with your void form eruption it does not require dots to be on everything to do damage. It just shoots at your target and hits a radius around there so their burst DPS comes a lot faster without the setup time. Also you can get into void form faster although you can maintain it for less period of time and the damage between in void form is less different than when you are out of it than on live. So you erupt more frequently but less ability to just stay void form for a full fight like some could manage.