World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I uh might have missed the memo, or I just didn't read the BFA-Prepatch-Survival-Guide, but did they kill all world quests?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
well. not ALL world quests... i was on my fury warrior at 104 so i couldn't see 110 world quests, but i did a bunch of invasion world quests, so those at least are still there

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
0 guilds in the US killed mythic Argus yesterday. Things looking good

None of the guilds could get on. We raid earlier than most so we did garothi & aggramar, and then waited about an hour and a half for more people to get on b/c we wanted to target the mount. We killed hounds then tried Imonar (who seems more overtuned than Argus tbh), then said fuck it and went to kill Argus.

1 minute into the fight they started a server shutdown in 5 mins, so we ended up getting booted from the game just as we were about to die in phase 3. Fight was exactly the same. No deaths in p1 or p2. Our ball tank died in p3, so the balls are doing way more dmg, plus I think tank cds are a little worse for dealing with them. Modules died a little faster than they used to. We were also way ahead in damage on Argus.

So the only difference was the balls doing a bit more dmg, which we could deal with. It would have been an easy kill, so I wouldn't worry. Tons of guilds will kill it tonight, as long as the servers are stable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I was leveling a Void Elf Shadow Priest as I had never done Shadow Priest and thought it would be a fun way to pass the time pre BfA. Well logged in yesterday, queued for a dungeon and it was like stuffing my dick into a meat grinder only to be rewarded with nothing. The leveling content is just not fun enough for it to take this long

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So I just loaded the Blizzard launcher and it asked if I wanted to Install WOW. Uh, what? I had to locate my game folder for some reason. Strange.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Making your game shittier to sell boosts has to have awful diminishing returns.

edit - the Survival derp I've been messing around with is just so completely different than it was before that I'm really confused. It lost melee stuff in favor of ranged stuff for some reason?
I'm really liking survival. Sadly it seems like mongoose bite (at least at my gear level) is vastly superior to any other option.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So I just loaded the Blizzard launcher and it asked if I wanted to Install WOW. Uh, what? I had to locate my game folder for some reason. Strange.
Happens from time to time. Last time was in march. I had to point the launcher to every game as it has lost all of them.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I'm really liking survival. Sadly it seems like mongoose bite (at least at my gear level) is vastly superior to any other option.

I really liked survival on beta. I'm thinking I might play it as my alt. I think it will be a pretty solid spec.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
None of the guilds could get on. We raid earlier than most so we did garothi & aggramar, and then waited about an hour and a half for more people to get on b/c we wanted to target the mount. We killed hounds then tried Imonar (who seems more overtuned than Argus tbh), then said fuck it and went to kill Argus.

1 minute into the fight they started a server shutdown in 5 mins, so we ended up getting booted from the game just as we were about to die in phase 3. Fight was exactly the same. No deaths in p1 or p2. Our ball tank died in p3, so the balls are doing way more dmg, plus I think tank cds are a little worse for dealing with them. Modules died a little faster than they used to. We were also way ahead in damage on Argus.

So the only difference was the balls doing a bit more dmg, which we could deal with. It would have been an easy kill, so I wouldn't worry. Tons of guilds will kill it tonight, as long as the servers are stable.
Good to hear. I did see a bunch of aggramar kills, just no Argus. The rent soul damage is about 29k right now, unmitigated, so the damage might be a bit high; I can't really remember how much they did before. I can see the primary orb collector needing a lot more focused heals though. We're holding off until Thursday and hopefully by then some stuff will be smoothed out.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was leveling a Void Elf Shadow Priest as I had never done Shadow Priest and thought it would be a fun way to pass the time pre BfA. Well logged in yesterday, queued for a dungeon and it was like stuffing my dick into a meat grinder only to be rewarded with nothing. The leveling content is just not fun enough for it to take this long

“Look, the new leveling is fine, and many people don't know its fine, it's actually pretty great, and people don't know how great it is, can you believe it? I know its great and what it has done for the game and it has done some great things, not as great as the "Developer Q&A with Ion", but, you know, great, you know the "Developer Q&A with Ion" is the best interview in the world, I love the interview, and so many people have watched it, it's true! But when I became lead I swore to change a lot of things, that’s why I always start off: Went to Harvard, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a law degree — you know I have to give my, like, credentials all the time, because compared to Tom Chilton I'm a bit disadvantaged, but I made it nonetheless and you look at what we have done, when we look at the game we see, and we not only see what the development team sees, we see what's going on, I see what's going on, used to be one idea, now it's four and guys and gals follow me here, you know it, they know it, the game is better than the game has ever been and it will continue getting better. We are the best at making leveling as it could do, but the Old gods are great people so we need to be better than the good. The best. And so, we need to unite or else, they will kill us. The Old Gods want to kill us. They kill us all."

-Ion

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
“Look, the new leveling is fine, and many people don't know its fine, it's actually pretty great, and people don't know how great it is, can you believe it? I know its great and what it has done for the game and it has done some great things, not as great as the "Developer Q&A with Ion", but, you know, great, you know the "Developer Q&A with Ion" is the best interview in the world, I love the interview, and so many people have watched it, it's true! But when I became lead I swore to change a lot of things, that’s why I always start off: Went to Harvard, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a law degree — you know I have to give my, like, credentials all the time, because compared to Tom Chilton I'm a bit disadvantaged, but I made it nonetheless and you look at what we have done, when we look at the game we see, and we not only see what the development team sees, we see what's going on, I see what's going on, used to be one idea, now it's four and guys and gals follow me here, you know it, they know it, the game is better than the game has ever been and it will continue getting better. We are the best at making leveling as it could do, but the Old gods are great people so we need to be better than the good. The best. And so, we need to unite or else, they will kill us. The Old Gods want to kill us. They kill us all."

-Ion
I was just listening to some old Jean-Claude Van Damme speeches, so I'm still in the groove. Keep it up man!

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

-Ion

ion and trump are the same person?

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I'm trying to find out what the rewards will be for doing M+ now until BFA. Let me know if anyone finds that info. I'm assuming they'll just keep giving you 1k essences in your chest, but I'm unsure if you have to actually do M+ to get it or if they'll just give it to everyone like they did in the pre-patch. Also unsure if you'll get gear anymore. If not, I won't have to bother with 15s anymore.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'll come back in a week when my addons work again lol.

I did buy that Postmaster quest which i am looking forward to doing! Then some M+ and warrior gearing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Christ what an overwhelming amount of changes, i dont remember WoD or Legion being this different lol

Need to find footnotes on if im better off doing the usual Ret paladin first, or just opt to warlock since i usually do my lock second or third anyway

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'll come back in a week when my addons work again lol.

I did buy that Postmaster quest which i am looking forward to doing! Then some M+ and warrior gearing.
Watching Quin69 stream this morning and his whole UI is working like it always has. But for me, none of my addons say they are updated, so maybe Twitch is just behind and he manually updated everything.

Brikker

Trump's Staff

I'm thinking it will be good to do survival and BM or MM, being able to swap between ranged or melee for fights is solid

Brikker

Trump's Staff

we were passing around the quest starter a few months back in guild. The quest sorting part is much easier with a WA that is out there but still kind of annoying.

Watching Quin69 stream this morning and his whole UI is working like it always has. But for me, none of my addons say they are updated, so maybe Twitch is just behind and he manually updated everything.

Twitch app had updates for all my shit when I loaded it yesterday...

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
we were passing around the quest starter a few months back in guild. The quest sorting part is much easier with a WA that is out there but still kind of annoying.

Twitch app had updates for all my shit when I loaded it yesterday...
Reloaded Twitch app and yep, everything has updates. Weird.