World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is all just elaborate set up for their excuse when the last raid tier of BFA lasts 22 months. "What, you guys saw what happened when we rushed an expansion. You wouldn't want another BFA would you?"

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Monk feels interesting right now.

With HT and ISB up I sit at 87% stagger. That's nearly NH level. Haven't done anything in practice yet since we had to cancel the raid.

Seeing myself with 50k hp was disheartening. I thought the stat squish would hit harder.

Yeah I was hoping to see the stat squish go further as well. I mean we're still able to crit things for thousands now. With 50k HP and with how massively they are talking about scaling mainstat because they don't want secondaries to be more important than Ilvl it seems like they haven't learned their lesson at all.

Just looking at blacksmithing there are 385 pants you can make with 382 armor 247 str and 417 sta thats already 3x more than our Mythic Antorous shit is and we're only talking about the start of the expac. I am guessing we'll be up in 1/2 a mill HP and few hundred thousand dps by the end of the xpac already. Preach was talking about in base 120 M+ gear warriors would doing 50k sustained dps already.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I was hoping to see the stat squish go further as well. I mean we're still able to crit things for thousands now. With 50k HP and with how massively they are talking about scaling mainstat because they don't want secondaries to be more important than Ilvl it seems like they haven't learned their lesson at all.

Just looking at blacksmithing there are 385 pants you can make with 382 armor 247 str and 417 sta thats already 3x more than our Mythic Antorous shit is and we're only talking about the start of the expac. I am guessing we'll be up in 1/2 a mill HP and few hundred thousand dps by the end of the xpac already. Preach was talking about in base 120 M+ gear warriors would doing 50k sustained dps already.
I watched some streams from beta and tanks were around 200k hp so it's likely half a million will happen

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
relics are ilvl only now , not sure what you mean

They still boost your weapons ilvl. What I'm saying is that my relinquished relic which yesterday was 910 ilvl and boosted my weapon +61 ilvls is now provides the same boost as this Titanforged ilvl935 relic (well what would have been 935).

Both provide +26, when yesterday I believe it would have been +61 for the Relinquished 910, and +66 or more for the 935 Titanforged.

I only drop 2k hp and 10ilvl by using thunderfury.. :emoji_thinking:

Lol yeah it seems fucked. I was looking at Cataclysm epic gems and they give +6 stats. That's 3 expansions ago... the current Legion epic gems give +9 stats. Not only that, but the upcoming BFA epic gems ALSO give +9 stats. There's just so little room for stat budgets.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Alliance has such better eye candy. Look at this slut in Stormwind.

WoWScrnShot_071718_223534.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
They still boost your weapons ilvl. What I'm saying is that my relinquished relic which yesterday was 910 ilvl and boosted my weapon +61 ilvls is now provides the same boost as this Titanforged ilvl935 relic (well what would have been 935).

Both provide +26, when yesterday I believe it would have been +61 for the Relinquished 910, and +66 or more for the 935 Titanforged.
I had mythic warforged and titanforged relics, and they all got squashed to +30ilvl. My artifact is level 242.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I had mythic warforged and titanforged relics, and they all got squashed to +30ilvl. My artifact is level 242.

Yeah that's what I mean. Yesterday they would have been miles apart (910 vs 935) and today they are the same. Not a fan of numbers so small you have stuff like this pop up. I'm guessing it won't be a problem / won't be relevant in BFA since they've designed it with the squish in mind, but damn we need decimals or something.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
According to someone in warrior disc, since items levels are lower now , you can socket your belts with a socket.

This is still working, I tried both a Living Steel Belt Buckle and an Eternal Belt Buckle. So if you need that gem slot for the BFA 5% exp gem, better get it before they nerf it. Chances are they just fix the belt buckle and leave the sockets already applied.

Yeah that's what I mean. Yesterday they would have been miles apart (910 vs 935) and today they are the same. Not a fan of numbers so small you have stuff like this pop up. I'm guessing it won't be a problem / won't be relevant in BFA since they've designed it with the squish in mind, but damn we need decimals or something.

15 ilevels were from the crucible, so the squish a little closer that it seems on the weapons.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So if I want to level Engineering from 0 now, and I want to craft something 80 points into The Burning Crusade, I have to level The Burning Crusade engineering specifically to 80, right? And then the same for any other expansion's Engineering recipe? To me that seems more difficult and makes leveling more of a pain. The Legion profession catch up system seemed fine? This system seems convoluted, but maybe I'm (probably) just retarded.

This is still working, I tried both a Living Steel Belt Buckle and an Eternal Belt Buckle. So if you need that gem slot for the BFA 5% exp gem, better get it before they nerf it. Chances are they just fix the belt buckle and leave the sockets already applied.

15 ilevels were from the crucible, so the squish a little closer that it seems on the weapons.

I dunno man I don't know about spending 5k gold to pre emptively add a socket to my belt hoping that they just leave the socket in there for a month, but I guess they probably would leave it open, what else can they do? Is the exp gem belt only or something?. It's funny that they missed so many ilvls. Champions are still really high ilvl too. I wish I was a blacksmith right now - I'd make a killing right now.

Last edited:

Rime

<Donor>
They will just do another stat squish in 10.0.1, working title, The Return of the Wrath of the Lich King of Draenor.

Really digging new Demonology, even if the numbers are not top, I love having giant swarms of pets.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Someone explain to me how stat budgets are possible now with older loot? Like I already mentioned I have two relics of different ilvl that have the exact same stats.

How is Classic Raid loot supposed to be different from TBC raid loot with how little room they have for stat budgets? Like I'm browsing through the stats of these things and finding classic items with more stamina than TBC raid items.

Way to piss on my "Oh my god this game is so good right now and it's only getting better and better" parade. I will be so bummed if BFA sucks, because the idea that expansions were going to continue to be as high quality as Legion really gave me hope in the MMOsphere in general and hope that WoW would be my game of choice for the foreseeable future and would be a consistently quality experience.
I seem to remember most of your posts being related to the EQ progression servers? I could look at post history, but with Everquest TLP servers as your only comparison, Legion is gonna look like an amazing piece of gaming history, but it's because you're not familiar with what we've been dealing with since forever. The new and shiny is gonna wear off, and you're gonna realize what WoW really is! Can't wait for that moment!

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I seem to remember most of your posts being related to the EQ progression servers? I could look at post history, but with Everquest TLP servers as your only comparison, Legion is gonna look like an amazing piece of gaming history, but it's because you're not familiar with what we've been dealing with since forever. The new and shiny is gonna wear off, and you're gonna realize what WoW really is! Can't wait for that moment!

I mean I've been playing WoW since there were only 4 races in the game and I have come back for every expansion except for WoD. I don't usually stick around long though. Legion and the current state of the game as far as content opportunities go does make me feel like the game is at an amazing place for me personally. But the way this fucking technical director is leading shit is really disappointing and disheartening.

Also, who hurt you!?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So if I want to level Engineering from 0 now, and I want to craft something 80 points into The Burning Crusade, I have to level The Burning Crusade engineering specifically to 80, right? And then the same for any other expansion's Engineering recipe? To me that seems more difficult and makes leveling more of a pain. The Legion profession catch up system seemed fine? This system seems convoluted, but maybe I'm (probably) just retarded.

I dunno man I don't know about spending 5k gold to pre emptively add a socket to my belt hoping that they just leave the socket in there for a month, but I guess they probably would leave it open, what else can they do? Is the exp gem belt only or something?. It's funny that they missed so many ilvls. Champions are still really high ilvl too. I wish I was a blacksmith right now - I'd make a killing right now.

Engineering: Correct, from what I can tell, you need to level using the old shit. I started to level Panda blacksmithing, and they removed all the multi skill points per combine, so now they are all 1 point each. They reduced the skill points needed from 100 to 75, but it will still require 3 to 5 times more mats than before. They totally fucked it.

The 5% Exp gem is just a common quality(green) prismatic red gem cut in BFA, so it can go anywhere. I was just unlucky, and had 0 gem slots on my leveling gear set up.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So despite not playing for almost 2 years and not really missing it, impulse told me to buy the expansion. Whats looking good in BFA? I have a DH and Pala at 110 already so wondering what to waste my token on

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Also did they randomly raise AH deposit prices? Swear I don't remember seeing any gem auctions that were in the golds for deposits. But today most everything is at 12h.

Engineering: Correct, from what I can tell, you need to level using the old shit. I started to level Panda blacksmithing, and they removed all the multi skill points per combine, so now they are all 1 point each. They reduced the skill points needed from 100 to 75, but it will still require 3 to 5 times more mats than before. They totally fucked it.

The 5% Exp gem is just a common quality(green) prismatic red gem cut in BFA, so it can go anywhere. I was just unlucky, and had 0 gem slots on my leveling gear set up.

Jesus Christ I ALMOST stayed up all night last night to max Engineering, now I wish I would have. Taking away the multiple skill ups sucks hard. The Legion system was so good. What was wrong with it that they felt they needed to drastically change it? I loved being able to hop into JC, do a few quests, dedicate some time and energy/resources into it and more or less be set. I certainly wouldn't be at 800 without multi skill ups. Like 600 of my skillups were from +3 skillup epic gems.

Rime

<Donor>
Gems have ALWAYS had a pretty hefty/decent deposit price. Enchanting materials were the cheapest forever.