World of Warcraft: Current Year

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Why would anyone carry crafting mats on their person when you can leave them in your mat storage at the bank and still use them wherever you are? I understand enchanters keeping scrolls to make enchanting scrolls, but there's no reason to carry that shit in your bags.

Usually I bank them. But I have been playing the AH a shit ton lately so I just keep them on me some of the time.

Chromatic Sword is dropping again and it is a clusterfuck.
Scale Belly This fat bitch drops it. If it's not a bug id wait.

Lol holy fuck. 6 million average AH price? That's like $400 in WoW tokens. Edit: Apparently WoWhead is super wrong and it never actually sold for that. And obviously it'll go down big time now.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Why would anyone carry crafting mats on their person when you can leave them in your mat storage at the bank and still use them wherever you are? I understand enchanters keeping scrolls to make enchanting scrolls, but there's no reason to carry that shit in your bags.

learn something new every day

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hunter has to be the most visually boring class I've played in any mmo. A cast bar for a charged up shot isn't pleasing or interesting to look at, lol. I guess Tera / FFXIV got me to expect more. The class itself seems alright, Marksman feels super lacking on aoe, while Survial has that in spades, but limited to being a melee stance.

How are Warlocks / Elemental Shaman now?

Are class trials busted atm, or am I doing something wrong? I make a lvl100 Trial character, but I can't use it. Character select says "class trial in progress" / "apply boost to unlock". When I try to login, I get a message "login is currently restricted on this character". Can you only make a trial character if you're not subbed?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Hunter has to be the most visually boring class I've played in any mmo. A cast bar for a charged up shot isn't pleasing or interesting to look at, lol. I guess Tera / FFXIV got me to expect more. The class itself seems alright, Marksman feels super lacking on aoe, while Survial has that in spades, but limited to being a melee stance.

One of the warlock specs will always be awesome. Can't think of an expansion where one wasn't save vanilla. Ele shaman tend to get relegated like balance druids. We can only be good at AoE, "but you can switch to feral/enhancement for ST" bullshit. Good enough that you're not isolated to healing.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Chromatic Sword is dropping again and it is a clusterfuck.
Scale Belly This fat bitch drops it. If it's not a bug id wait.

Are class trials busted atm, or am I doing something wrong? I make a lvl100 Trial character, but I can't use it. Character select says "class trial in progress" / "apply boost to unlock". When I try to login, I get a message "login is currently restricted on this character". Can you only make a trial character if you're not subbed?

Marksmanship is really fun imo. There's lots of good visual cues from the Hunter's Mark + the AoE thingy (can't remember what it's called, the one that triggrs instant shot aoe to every mob that has Hunter's mark) and you proc instant cast Aimed Shot (instead of 2 sec casting time) thingy often. It was a blast in dungeons before the pre patch. Jumping around aoeing everything down really hard via Multishot + Hunter's Mark trigger followed by the aoe; hearing explosions trigger off 5-6 mobs in rapid succession as the Hunter's Mark mobs are blasted.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

From what I've heard, ele is not in a great spot right now. I've heard good things about the feel of Demo warlock, though.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
One of the warlock specs will always be awesome. Can't think of an expansion where one wasn't save vanilla. Ele shaman tend to get relegated like balance druids. We can only be good at AoE, "but you can switch to feral/enhancement for ST" bullshit. Good enough that you're not isolated to healing.

Yup. Rule of thumb with WoW is dont play hybrids if you want to main dps. Sure you might get one tier where you are op, but most of the time you are barely relevant. Unless you are a warrior. Arms is usually strong early to mid then you can be op fury in the later tiers.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If anything the last couple expansions have taught is be ready to play your other specs. For a caster switching between fire and ice is one thing, switching between melee and ranged is a serious bitch. Welcome to the shit pool survival hunters.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Destro is always fun. Affliction feels more like it used to rather than just Shadow Priest with a purple name.

Man, I'm feeling a little sad. Legion is the first xpac i really put effort into since mid-cata. I LOVED TBC and WOTLK and, frankly, I'd rank Legion just behind those two + Vanilla. Looting AP tokens that are grey is sorta having a weird nostalgia effect on me even now. I'm just sad I guess.

What the fuck is wrong with me? I feel like a fucking nerd. Just like with TBC and WOTLK, I wasn't truly ready for it to end. That's retarded I know..this shit has been out a two and a half fucking years or something.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Fury seems really fluid at this point. I'm liking the changes a lot. Definitely need to change the gear up, though, because there was so much emphasis on Mastery at the end of Legion and that's not gonna translate well with the renewed interest in having lots of Haste instead, I guess.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Destro is always fun. Affliction feels more like it used to rather than just Shadow Priest with a purple name.

Man, I'm feeling a little sad. Legion is the first xpac i really put effort into since mid-cata. I LOVED TBC and WOTLK and, frankly, I'd rank Legion just behind those two + Vanilla. Looting AP tokens that are grey is sorta having a weird nostalgia effect on me even now. I'm just sad I guess.

What the fuck is wrong with me? I feel like a fucking nerd. Just like with TBC and WOTLK, I wasn't truly ready for it to end. That's retarded I know..this shit has been out a two and a half fucking years or something.

In a similar vein, I'm mostly sad that they fucked systems up so much this expansion that I didn't get to enjoy it. So much of the content was amazing, but the frustration of the bullshit with legendaries, with getting a shaft in the ass in 7.1.5, the constant slathering of RNG on top of more RNG just made me miserable to the point of quitting. I kind of wish I had just been a casual this expac so I could have maybe appreciated all the good things about it. It feels like such a waste.

• 1Like

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Yes but with Ashran shit being removed those things are unobtainable so no more trading posts if you don't have one. I imagine the modules will go through the fucking roof in prices.

Universal Language Module is the item in question, I wonder if it will be moved somewhere or just be unobtainable anymore.

I just snagged one for 400k off the AH, will probably be worth well over a million later on if you can't get them anymore. It's made from 3 individual Ashran drops that were also on the AH for about 200k a piece.

Having a Bank+AH in your Garrison is the tits, I love being able to derp around and get all my shit done in my Garrison of Solitude.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
gonna be hot fixed soon, but darkmoon deck promises is bugged and instantly resetting all your cooldowns every few seconds. ret paladin parses are insane because they can just spam templars verdict.

the level of bugging some of these fights are is completely fucked. Dogs are nearly impossible, Imoner is harder than Argus (got a rank 2 parse). some of these fights with magic damage (that is tank only) aren't tuned anywhere close to where they should be.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Balance feels....about as simple as it did during TBC. No eclipse bar, an optional extra spell based on your talents that is actually a dps loss at this point. Losing the artifact ability (converted to a talent that sucks)...currently in a very fucking weird place. Though dps numbers are insane with the stat conversion, 60% mastery, and other talents that literally stack on top of legendaries 20% Moonfire damage legendary with identical talent). We'll see where the simplicity drops us at max level and legos aren't a thing.

The tier 1 talent changes how the class plays. Keeping 50 Astral power, Astral Power gain, being able to start a fight with a spell and immediately dropping a Starfall feels different.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
In a similar vein, I'm mostly sad that they fucked systems up so much this expansion that I didn't get to enjoy it. So much of the content was amazing, but the frustration of the bullshit with legendaries, with getting a shaft in the ass in 7.1.5, the constant slathering of RNG on top of more RNG just made me miserable to the point of quitting. I kind of wish I had just been a casual this expac so I could have maybe appreciated all the good things about it. It feels like such a waste.

So I mainly did mythic + at a somewhat casual level (+10ish) and LFRs. I didnt' mind the RNG playing that way. The only thing that pissed me off was stuff like the Mage Tower when specs like Affliction needed a specific legendary to feel doable unless you were a god at the spec. (or cheesed it) It felt like D3 WoW and that was like fucking crack for me.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Two bugs that have existed for years and years are still present in the game in 2018 ( scarlet monastery commander not rezzing; some stupid quest in Desolace randomly breaking for people .. since 2011).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Universal Language Module is the item in question, I wonder if it will be moved somewhere or just be unobtainable anymore.

I just snagged one for 400k off the AH, will probably be worth well over a million later on if you can't get them anymore. It's made from 3 individual Ashran drops that were also on the AH for about 200k a piece.

Having a Bank+AH in your Garrison is the tits, I love being able to derp around and get all my shit done in my Garrison of Solitude.

tfw ashran grind the last few months and I have about 8 of these

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
gonna be hot fixed soon, but darkmoon deck promises is bugged and instantly resetting all your cooldowns every few seconds. ret paladin parses are insane because they can just spam templars verdict.

the level of bugging some of these fights are is completely fucked. Dogs are nearly impossible, Imoner is harder than Argus (got a rank 2 parse). some of these fights with magic damage (that is tank only) aren't tuned anywhere close to where they should be.
The rumblings I'm hearing are people on beta/ptr brought these issues up multiple times and blizzard just ignored it