World of Warcraft: Current Year

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'd recommend Hunter. Survival is a very smooth and straight forward melee rotation now, and BM is an even easier ranged option. You also have MM for another ranged choice if you want.

Survival is actually simpler than BM now. BM is basically the Dire Frenzy build from pre-patch, which was *slightly* more complicated than the standard Stomp build. Keeping Barbed shot stacks up is the only thing you really have to think about.

Hunter is great if you want a dps with easy to play melee and ranged options (with pet to boot).

Survival will be cake to level (to 116 at least) with the Harpoon first row talent and the Harpoon Lego, too.

Last edited:

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea dunno why you'd do old content, at 100 it's best to start on legion right away especially if you want to do the class hall stuff because you need to level up some champions using missions.
I came back two weeks ago and used a character I levelled to 100 on invasions two years ago. Levelling 100-110 took only a few days in legion zones, didn't run out of rested xp until midway through 109. Plenty to do until BFA launches, I did all the main zone storylines, class hall quest, unlocking the various stuff in Suramar and am now doing the Broken Shore and Argus quest lines.

All the quest reward items that used to give artifact power now sell for 25-50g and you get a ton of them, I made 40k just doing quests in those two weeks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I levelled two characters to 110 by logging on for 5 minutes a day and doing the invasions. Only took like a week but their playtime was stupid low.

Argus part 2 tonight and our offtank quit. He wasn't really that good, was doing weird shit like not mitigating in P2 (always dying as avatar tank), dying early in P3 or scything the group. It was weird because he sat through 450 kills with us and got the kill, but then forgot how to play his class after that. He quit because the guild asked him to roll DPS in BfA.

Now I know to FOH members what this sounds like.. but it wasn't me..

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sounds like the dude knows he's a bad and the only way he can get into a mythic guild is if he plays the easiest raiding role there is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, you've got to keep the mystique of Raid Tanking, or else the DPS will forget the years of verbal abuse layered upon them to keep them in line. Raidleader has to be a tank or healer.

They don't need to know that on half the fights your mechanics mostly add up to pressing taunt every set number of seconds. Just show them a video of tanking one of the bosses that actually requires you to be awake and imply that that's every boss.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It was weird because he sat through 450 kills with us and got the kill, but then forgot how to play his class after that. He quit because the guild asked him to roll DPS in BfA.

Oh, I dunno, sounds pretty familiar to me!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

My old raidleader was a guardian druid who would scream for externals like barkskin about a minute into a fight. A guardian druid... asking for cooldowns... 1 minute into a fight...

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Saw a theory that the reason for Sylvanas going all Snidley Whiplash moustache-twirling evil was that she was a doppleganger.

I certainly hope we aren't pulling out that tired old trope.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Saw a theory that the reason for Sylvanas going all Snidley Whiplash moustache-twirling evil was that she was a doppleganger.

I certainly hope we aren't pulling out that tired old trope.
I have a feeling it’ll be even dumber. The azerite is actually connected to the old gods and the piece the goblin gave her is causing her to be more evil

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No no. It's Undead Onyxia in disguise again, but this time trying to take over the horde! Time for another Onyxia raid!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I levelled two characters to 110 by logging on for 5 minutes a day and doing the invasions. Only took like a week but their playtime was stupid low.

Argus part 2 tonight and our offtank quit. He wasn't really that good, was doing weird shit like not mitigating in P2 (always dying as avatar tank), dying early in P3 or scything the group. It was weird because he sat through 450 kills with us and got the kill, but then forgot how to play his class after that. He quit because the guild asked him to roll DPS in BfA.

You still playing DK? No matter how hard Frost tries on M Argus it just doesnt get better than 25% less dps than warriors. Thinking about joining the homeys Janx Janx and Fartbox Fartbox and swapping to the warrior team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
The old zones don't scale up past their intended level range. I have no idea what he is talking in that post. His next choices are Mount Hyjal (level range 80-90), Azshara (20-60) and Feralas (35-60) and THEN he'll be ready for Shadowmoon Valley (67-80 if TBC, 90-100 if WoD)??? Nope. That's not right.
Whoosh!

I'm saying that I just did Stormhiem and it's identical to Howling Fjord other than being shorter and more boring. All the other zones appear to be rehashes of what I listed.

• 3Seriously?
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Yea "Whoosh" is right. That was a serious swing and miss with your comparisons.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You still playing DK? No matter how hard Frost tries on M Argus it just doesnt get better than 25% less dps than warriors. Thinking about joining the homeys Janx Janx and Fartbox Fartbox and swapping to the warrior team.
I've been maining brewmaster Monk since around the time Nighthold came out and haven't looked back. BDK is in a pretty sweet spot tanking-wise too though and is my main alt. For DPS I wouldn't worry too much about what people are doing on Argus right now, it's sort of a mixed bag. I'm not really sure how Prot Warrior is doing, but our DPS warrior is consistently near the top on Aggramar and Argus (although, before pre-patch his logs were always 99-100% so he's basically god-tier).

Khane Khane This Guardian Druid that quit needed to start using externals after pre-patch too. I actually had to teach him that Ironfur stacks..

Khane

What about Unholy? Now that every class is plagued by the GCD Unholy shouldn't feel as annoying as it used to when compared to every other class!

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What about Unholy? Now that every class is plagued by the GCD Unholy shouldn't feel as annoying as it used to when compared to every other class!

The only unholy in our raid was an alt, he was middle of the pack and Frost was near the middle top. Noodleface Noodleface I raided as warrior for mythics in late WoD and liked it. Thinking it might just be a nice change again to swap to for an expansion since im not tanking and only will be DPSing.