World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Have they lowered the exp needed to get from 100-110? Have a 99 rogue I may or may not play if I'm bored.

Heirlooms + Legion Assaults on the Broken Isles are crazy experience. Darkmoon Faire is coming up also, where you can get a 10% exp/rep buff to help.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Playtime reports are out... 14 hours this week! Haven't gone total neckbeard!!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Heirlooms + Legion Assaults on the Broken Isles are crazy experience. Darkmoon Faire is coming up also, where you can get a 10% exp/rep buff to help.
How long does the Darkmoon rep boost last?

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
DMF buff is one hour. You can also get hats that re-apply it so you do not have to go back to the faire each time.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So far from running all 12 chars through dailies and class hall mount stuff, I have to say I really, really like survival hunter now. Not sure if I'm going to main it maybe, but it definitely at least the second thing I'm going to level. It feels very fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So far from running all 12 chars through dailies and class hall mount stuff, I have to say I really, really like survival hunter now. Not sure if I'm going to main it maybe, but it definitely at least the second thing I'm going to level. It feels very fun.
I originally played hunter in beta, before they had talents, and before the quest was available to actually tame a pet. Then I created a wolf hunter, and could barely tolerate that starting area. May consider burning a 110 token just to see what a melee hunter might play like. I like fun. So we'll see.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I originally played hunter in beta, before they had talents, and before the quest was available to actually tame a pet. Then I created a wolf hunter, and could barely tolerate that starting area. May consider burning a 110 token just to see what a melee hunter might play like. I like fun. So we'll see.
Its not bad, though I find it funny that the Icy Veins guide for Survival is all about using its ranged attacks.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Finished the Lucid Nightmare yesterday. That maze wasn't that bad. Took my friend and I < 1 hour each.

I did like how there was so much conflicting advice on the internet about it lol. The one thing I did come to the conclusion of is that the maze itself is actually quite small and that there are many loops once you reach the finite length or width of the maze grid so to speak. I think people get into mapping it, which is a good strategy but they fuck with you by teleporting you to random points. Ruining your ability to really map it once this happens. Quickly realized that after we ran across the same torch orb a few times.

So, in the end what I did was just take a right on every grid. If the immediate right wasn't available just take the next one. When you realize you are in a loop or something (no landmarks for awhile) just go the opposite direction. This lets you backtrack a bit you don't have to have a huge convoluted paper map that will be wrong because of the teleports.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Elvui is pretty nice. I struggle with the fonts for some reason. Probably my 38 year old eyes on my 32 inch monitor.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've been trying to ditch elvui for awhile only because I feel it's a resource hog (and the backdoor shit through the years). I just haven't been able to

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Finished the Lucid Nightmare yesterday. That maze wasn't that bad. Took my friend and I < 1 hour each.

I did like how there was so much conflicting advice on the internet about it lol. The one thing I did come to the conclusion of is that the maze itself is actually quite small and that there are many loops once you reach the finite length or width of the maze grid so to speak. I think people get into mapping it, which is a good strategy but they fuck with you by teleporting you to random points. Ruining your ability to really map it once this happens. Quickly realized that after we ran across the same torch orb a few times.

So, in the end what I did was just take a right on every grid. If the immediate right wasn't available just take the next one. When you realize you are in a loop or something (no landmarks for awhile) just go the opposite direction. This lets you backtrack a bit you don't have to have a huge convoluted paper map that will be wrong because of the teleports.

They don't teleport you, it's multi-level. You can even see the start of a set of stairs if you look close enough when going through a door if the next room is going to be on a different level. So you're right, the number of rooms on each floor is small but there are many, many floors.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
They don't teleport you, it's multi-level. You can even see the start of a set of stairs if you look close enough when going through a door if the next room is going to be on a different level. So you're right, the number of rooms on each floor is small but there are many, many floors.

I don't think I agree with that. But I do like the confusion generated by it. They really nailed the whole, "its a unique experience for every player" angle with that. I liked it a lot.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Have they lowered the exp needed to get from 100-110? Have a 99 rogue I may or may not play if I'm bored.
I just finished leveling my rogue and did 104-110 in a day. The invasion's really help with the speed if you can catch them when they come up.

• 1Like

Khane

One of the bosses in Uldir has adds that spawn that fear players for 12 seconds if they reach them but can be killed via dispelling. New Arcane Torrent is an AE dispel. Blizz really killing it with that racial "nerf".

kahilm

Blackwing Lair Raider
Leveling up for the first time since WotLK. Did Hyjal from 81-90, now doing WoD content. Should I bother at all with my garrison or just try to get to 100 ASAP for Legion content? Anything specific I should be doing otherwise? And as I understand it, trade skills are from 1-100 in each expansion so don't even bother with WoD or Legion tradeskills since BfA will start at 1 again anyway?

Khane

Only thing you'll need from your garrison is this potion which you can get right away from the quartermaster as soon as the garrison is built at level 1 (need to be 91 to use). There are some things that it can be useful for (if you like collecting toys/pets/mounts) but if you aren't a collector it's not really worth bothering with.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

kahilm

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sweet, I'll pick those up. Heirlooms - I assume you already need a max level character to get those? That's how I remember it in WotLK anyway.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Sweet, I'll pick those up. Heirlooms - I assume you already need a max level character to get those? That's how I remember it in WotLK anyway.

You get them from Darkmoon Faire and shit. But you need the upgrades to them so they work past level 100.