World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I actually think Blizz’s nameplates are about as good as most mods now. I’ll look at shadowed. I copied my wtf in case I hated elvui

Shadowed is unit frames though. Kui nameplates are awesome. They aren't much, but definitely better than ElvUI or blizzard

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I didn’t love ElvUI because of how integrated all the boxes are. You really need very few addons for a pleasant experience.

ShadowedUF for unit frames.
Bagnon for bags.
Bartender 4 for bars.
Prat 3 for minor chat enhancements.
SexyMap to make the minimap square.
KuiNameplates for those.
Details for dps meters.
DBM for holding your hand.
WQL for world quests.

That’s pretty much all I use. Did a full rebuild this patch from scratch and it took 30 seconds for each addon to set up a profile which I then replicated to all other characters. That was only for Bartender, SUF, and SexyMap.

Least amount of bloat possible and all that I actually need.

No weak auras???

Chris

Potato del Grande
Galactus, I mean Sargeras and the Titans, I mean Celestials are basically the same setup. The one thing I don't get though?

Sargeras' whole crusade was to prevent a Dark Titan from being born by destroying Titan Seed Worlds before they could ever get corrupted by the Void. But his declared mission is to scourge all life from the universe until they could negate the Void threat and that life would arise again like it already had done. Not reall unreasonable if you're a nearly omnipotent immortal Super Being like the Titans I guess.

But why is life on a planet necessary for Titan incubation?
But... HE was the Dark Titan. They really didn't have to explain this.

In a few expansions we will be bringing Sargeras back to help us fight against the void, with Eredar allied race. Like Illidan all over again.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
But... HE was the Dark Titan. They really didn't have to explain this.

In a few expansions we will be bringing Sargeras back to help us fight against the void, with Eredar allied race. Like Illidan all over again.

Old God Corrupted Titan. Whatever man.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Wait.

Planets are Titan EGGS??

Some heavy Marvel influences are afoot

One of the plot threads is that the Earth was used as a host for a celestial embryo and all the super powers people developed were from the influence of that embryo. It's was a defense mechanism. Kree/Skrulls/whatever planning on wrecking up the joint? The augmented inhabitants of the world protect it. One of the things that Galactus does in consuming worlds is keep the Celestial population in check.

Earth X and its sequels Universe X and Paradise X are all pretty good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Time to slay the thing that isn't remotely as powerful as the Lich King in the lore but has 100,000x more hp and damage.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Anything important at this point that needs to be done to be ready for the expansion? Or just show up and level when it launches.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If you want the mounts associated with the pre-launch event questline there's that. Second half of the questline that actually rewards the mounts goes live tomorrow I believe.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Leveling up for the first time since WotLK. Did Hyjal from 81-90, now doing WoD content. Should I bother at all with my garrison or just try to get to 100 ASAP for Legion content? Anything specific I should be doing otherwise? And as I understand it, trade skills are from 1-100 in each expansion so don't even bother with WoD or Legion tradeskills since BfA will start at 1 again anyway?
Don't bother with the garrison. If you're 100+, there's like 15+ followers that can be picked with 5mn tops, plus you can recruit one follower per week with the Inn, so you don't need to really do the content. Once you have the garrison heartstone, you can come back, launch a bunch of missions, and then go back to Legion/BFA.

The only part you really need to work for is the quest line in Spire of Arak to unlock the salvage yard (because it's handy), and then doing the oil daily in the jungle of Tanaan until you unlock the oil rig from faction. That's it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Who do we think blows up the tree?

Thinking SI:7 could do it to foil Sylvanas' hostage plans, but I don't think those characters are prominent enough to be a satisfying raid boss.

No one else in the Alliance seems to have the balls, maybe Maiev but I don't think she's ever been involved in faction warfare and just had somewhat of a redemption arc. Same thing with Moira and the Dark Irons. Hardly die hard pro Alliance characters.

Gallywix could do it for lumber profits, but going after Azerite was his idea so he'd be with Sylvanas' plan.

Blood Elves have form for doing this kind of thing and perhaps have a grudge against Night Elves for their exile. Not finished the Dark Elf story yet but they seem like assholes too.

Rest of the Horde wouldn't be doing this as it's against their war plan.

Seems unbelievable that Jainia would do it, but if it is Blood Elves she can go crazy and start slaughtering them again. She is going to be a central character to the expansion it seems because of that short.

Oh wait... Azshara has a short too... OK I wasted my time typing this up. It's her obviously :/

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Who do we think blows up the tree?

Thinking SI:7 could do it to foil Sylvanas' hostage plans, but I don't think those characters are prominent enough to be a satisfying raid boss.

No one else in the Alliance seems to have the balls, maybe Maiev but I don't think she's ever been involved in faction warfare and just had somewhat of a redemption arc. Same thing with Moira and the Dark Irons. Hardly die hard pro Alliance characters.

Gallywix could do it for lumber profits, but going after Azerite was his idea so he'd be with Sylvanas' plan.

Blood Elves have form for doing this kind of thing and perhaps have a grudge against Night Elves for their exile. Not finished the Dark Elf story yet but they seem like assholes too.

Rest of the Horde wouldn't be doing this as it's against their war plan.

Seems unbelievable that Jainia would do it, but if it is Blood Elves she can go crazy and start slaughtering them again. She is going to be a central character to the expansion it seems because of that short.

Oh wait... Azshara has a short too... OK I wasted my time typing this up. It's her obviously :/

Alleria does it or the other sister the, "good one."

The current Horde bosses aren't enough of a Wild card to burn it all down. Sylvanas isn't the type to do it in a fit of rage or something.

Rime

<Donor>
G'huun was created (apparently by accident) when the Titans were using the Uldir research facility to try and discover a way to 'cure' the Old Gods. He is, in theory, the weakest of the Old Gods, as he is entirely artificial, but if he were to get loose, it would be real bad as he would be 'unbound' and all of the Old Gods we have faced have been bound. Not to mention his specialties are Rot, Disease, Parasites, etc.

The trolls worship him as a Loa (he is not), so he gets some extra powers from them and he has been busy corrupting the various Loa found in Zandalar and the surrounding islands.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Not currently but probably will. I was just listing what is absolutely minimum for me and that anything else is just bonuses.

You can get a real good UI with minimal work and super lightweight instead of going the ElvUI route.

ElvUI

1508081933641-Wow-64_2017-10-15_17-37-07.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sorry. I know Kui is nameplates. I actually think Blizz’s not bad. But their unit frames are ducking atrocious.