World of Warcraft: Current Year

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
6 hours to go and still can't decide on a main. Just leveled a mage up to 110 and seems pretty fun, but not sure if it's cause it's "new".

Have druid, mage, monk in forum guild. And horde shaman, warlock on other servers as an option. Orrrrrr alliance priest and paladin. Normally go with druid cause of versatility, but so sick of being a cow. I like shaman because of the versatility in specs but not sure i want to move him to get him in the guild.

Plus I still have the boost to use that i'm undecided on! Rogue, warrior, or DK...i hate melee though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
My druid is still only 86. Think I'll just get 110 this week and maybe start bfa on the weekend.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Dumb question. The link from the launcher doesn't answer, but if you buy BoA that brings the game totally up to date? It's been a very long time since I played. I thought you used to have to buy each expansion.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
So we're going to see if I'm psychic or delusional:

Worldwide launch-> "We're being DDOS'd" post -> Me just not able to imagine why from all the people trying to connect at once. (With some /s for garnish.)

TJT TJT - You should check out the Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag shanties then. Definitely has that kind of earthy quality that makes it feel more authentic.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yes you only need to buy BFA to have all the expanions, everything before it is included.

muh character crisis ;( if boosts werent 75 CAD i'd boost my monk and do WW/MW again like WoD but fuck that. Guess i'm stuck with my paladin

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Dumb question. The link from the launcher doesn't answer, but if you buy BoA that brings the game totally up to date? It's been a very long time since I played. I thought you used to have to buy each expansion.

They just recently changed this. The entire game minus the newest expansion is available to anyone with a subscription. You only have to purchase the new new.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Best bet is to set your hearth to org/sw and hangout by Magni. The quest *should* auto-pop but I suppose you never know.

It does auto pop in silithus as long as that character has completed the Battle for Lorderon quest. Also, no need to set HS in main city. You will be ported directed from Heart chamber back to the main city near where you need to turn in the quest.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
You assume it will work like beta, which who knows. It *probably* will, but better safe than sorry. I'd also rather hearth after getting the neck to avoid zoning into an area where thousands of others players will be zoning into at the exact same time, phasing or no phasing. The hearth spot is also a little closer to the turn-in.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I'm guessing they won't actually be taking the servers down at launch but rather just let the quest to talk to magni for the neck and then to go to zuldazar/kul tiras become live (like the daily reset timer)?

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah that seems to be the case at launch time it will just auto-popup the quest and you can go.

I was able to liquidate all my blood of sargeras into stacks of starlight rose as skystep potions blew up yesterday and everyone was buying them. If you have any bloods left, you could probably make some pots or just sell the stacks of starlight rose and see if you can sell any of it at the last minute.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
*Noodle falls to his death at level 112*
"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THIS"
*Noodle buys 3 stacks of skystep potions*

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I am leaving work at 11 EST tonight and calling in sick tomorrow. I have the two days after that off. I think 3 full days will get me fully situated on a "main".

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Went to park my character at Magni like you guys were suggesting, there were already like 40 people next to him. This was at noon (EU), a full 12 hours before launch...

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Went to park my character at Magni like you guys were suggesting, there were already like 40 people next to him. This was at noon (EU), a full 12 hours before launch...

Watching Lirik play right now and there are already a fuckton there. He plays on Emerald Dream.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Going to make a bold prediction, and guess that launch tonight will go off without any major hiccups. Sending positive vibes out into the ether

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users