Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What we are reduced to:

1534403388407.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Does anyone know if there is a BFA rare elite guide anywhere? Like a loot table. I have noticed that certain rare elites drop gear very specific to them, as they did in Legion. And since the loot is guaranteed it would be wise to kill them at certain points in your leveling process to get important pieces of gear. Like, say you are about to ding, you ding first and then kill this elite so the weapon rolls 1 level higher, etc. I'd love a loot table that showed all the rare elite loot from each zone. I got some great trinkets that were specific to some rare elites, but I probably woulda saved em till 120 tbo.

You can individually check them here:

Category:Battle for Azeroth rare mobs and then find say : Vinespeaker Ratha and see that it drops a Mace so if you can use Maces and need a weapon, he'd be a good one to kill or potentially wait till 120 to kill for a 310 ilvl 120 rare weapon. Ratha's Thornscepter

I didn't see any weapons for 6 levels so I was like desperate to get one. Had to buy 118 greens off the AH lol. Or has anyone ran into any rare elites that dropped an Agi weapon? Sword/Glaive/Fist/Axe?

Also, some rare elites in Nazmir didn't drop anything for me as an Alliance? They were definitely still silver and even showed up on the map. They didn't level scale (I was 117 and they were 120), is that a cross faction thing? I was confused because other rare elites that were level 120 did drop loot in nazmir for me. What's up with that? And they did turn gold after the kill too, despite not giving me anything, not even Azerite/gold or war resources.

Last edited:

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Picked boomkin as my first class to level. Having hit 120 and gained 45 ilvls, I feel almost no power difference when questing, wonder if that stupid mob hp scaling with your ilvl shit they had was put back in. Balance is so whack with this class that sunfire spam with the right azerite traits is the best single target.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just did Waycrest Manor. Possibly my new favorite dungeon. the design, music etc were all fantastic. definitely recommend it for people when they hit 120
We did it last night and I enjoyed it. There's probably some optimal route but we spent time just running around going 'where do we go next'

Pig man living in his own feces 10/10

Cybsled

I've already replaced my artifact weapon from Legion. It was only 195 ilvl and some random quest spear ended up being better.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've already replaced my artifact weapon from Legion. It was only 195 ilvl and some random quest spear ended up being better.
Don't feel too bad. Mine was somewhere betassn 250-260 I think and I replaced it by 117. Glad to see it go although I might keep it in my bank since I did use it for two years straight

• 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Having not played since Vanilla I can say so far it doesn't even feel like an MMO anymore, more like a multiplayer hub with matchmaking. There is zero reason to interact with people while leveling. And my god the cutscenes... I've skipped 95% of them.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
While leveling there usually isn't as much need for grouping and interaction, but once M+ releases it's a good idea to build a friends list of people you trust can actually play the game to push keys.

Cybsled

Having not played since Vanilla I can say so far it doesn't even feel like an MMO anymore, more like a multiplayer hub with matchmaking. There is zero reason to interact with people while leveling. And my god the cutscenes... I've skipped 95% of them.

Pretty much all MMOs are like this now to a degree (the Korean stuff non-withstanding), which is fine by me. I despise group-dependent leveling, because you are basically locked into being able to do virtually nothing unless you have significant time to invest in groups for grinding out levels.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I mean, you CAN level with people - and in fact, I think there's bonus exp in doing that. What's wrong with the cutscenes?

• 1Like