World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This game is not intended to be played non-stop. Take a 2 week break.

Well, it really is designed to be played every day, that's why they time gate things behind dailies (now WQs). There are a lot of things you will not be able to access if you don't do your WQs every day, specifically your war campaign which requires The Honorbound rep to continue with, and the only way to get that rep is the WQs and few quests here and there.

The problem is, and I knew it would be a problem, that what we are getting for content even at the release of a brand new expansion is Legion with a different skin. It's all the same stuff I've been doing for the last 2 years. Taking your time or taking a break won't really change that.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I still make a decent amount from tailoring just from 30-slot bags from two expansions ago. The mats are basically free because Garrison supplies are plenty and you can buy Sumptuous furs with them. It's not an amazing amount of gold, but it's free gold.

I'm surprised token prices have dropped so much. They were down to 159k before I went to work today. They peaked about a day ago at 197k.

It's because all the people with 10 alts that were raking in a dozen tokens a month for free/automatically from missions are no longer getting so much gold. I should have waited to buy my tokens, but I figured they'd go up with an expansion release, didn't consider the deflation from the gold removal from missions.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Apprently some mid level WoW designer is highly disgruntled employee and leaked alot of info for BFA. He/she talks about the new Diablo project and who dies and what happens in the rest of BFA. Take it with a grain of salt but nonetheless it's a good read to make time go by.

/v/ - I'm a mid-level developer in Blizzard, AMA - Video Games - 4chan
This motherfucker! Don't play with my emotions like this!!!!!!!!!!!!

At 120, after the expansion epilogue you will be able to turn neutral. This will turn the other factions' NPCs friendly and you will be able to interact with them like someone of that faction can. You will automatically learn Orcish and Common. You can join groups and guilds (raiding!!!) of either faction. PvP is disabled. You can undo this but it costs a steep amount of gold and complete resets your reputations.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He lost me with his Diablo 4 talk. Changing genres to be more like God of War, thinks the fans will like the change and that nobody would buy Diablo 4 if it was the same action rpg type game... crazy talk.
That is what D4 should be... something different, but I doubt Blizz has the balls to change Diablo that much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

I've gotten 2 BoEs so far. A 355 polearm with a socket and a pair of 350 plate gloves. Hoping both will sell ASAP.

Disappointing the BfA BoEs are level 120 though. Really disappointing

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm too fucking retarded to follow 4chans style. What does the dude say about shit

Someone on reddit was nice enough organize it in a readable fashion. Some of the stuff is pretty reasonable, others not so much.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
That is what D4 should be... something different, but I doubt Blizz has the balls to change Diablo that much.

I wouldn't mind a story driven cinematic game from Blizzard but there's a ton of those types of games out and the action RPG genre is pretty lacking.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Well, it really is designed to be played every day, that's why they time gate things behind dailies (now WQs). There are a lot of things you will not be able to access if you don't do your WQs every day, specifically your war campaign which requires The Honorbound rep to continue with, and the only way to get that rep is the WQs and few quests here and there.

The problem is, and I knew it would be a problem, that what we are getting for content even at the release of a brand new expansion is Legion with a different skin. It's all the same stuff I've been doing for the last 2 years. Taking your time or taking a break won't really change that.

The game works really great if you show up after the expansion's last content patch has been released and you get to benefit from all the catch-up mechanics and experience the story as one complete narrative. Just shelve it until the spring of 2020 or so.

I do agree that, as far as MMO expansions go, it didn't add all that much. The stat squish, not getting a new talent rank at 120, the substitution for one AP grind for another (I was surprised they just called it Artifact Power and that it uses the same sound effects and font when you gain some) all work together to create the impression this more of a story pack than an expansion. What's new in Battle for Azeroth! New? Not all that much?

I'm still leveling but I was expecting some, um, war? Maybe some battles? In Azeroth? A war torn part of one of the major continents as a quest/leveling hub could have been kinda neat. Something like All Quiet on the Western Front but with exp awards. Handing out gas masks as a quest, arming animals with explosives, leading charges, attacking supply lines, whatever. There has to be endless ways of overlaying the questing experience on top of an active war zone. Right now I've spent the last few hours I've played in the main troll city interacting with the groups to earn the king's trust.

• 1Like

Khane

I'm still leveling but I was expecting some, um, war? Maybe some battles? In Azeroth? A war torn part of one of the major continents as a quest/leveling hub could have been kinda neat. Something like All Quiet on the Western Front but with exp awards. Handing out gas masks as a quest, arming animals with explosives, leading charges, attacking supply lines, whatever. There has to be endless ways of overlaying the questing experience on top of an active war zone. Right now I've spent the last few hours I've played in the main troll city interacting with the groups to earn the king's trust.

The war campaign actually does take you to the enemy faction territory and there are quests like that if you bother to do it once it's available at level 112. The separate archipelagos for each faction and the way the hubs are set up in enemy territory seems like it might add to some actual decent world pvp but we will see.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The war campaign actually does take you to the enemy faction territory and there are quests like that if you bother to do it once it's available at level 112. The separate archipelagos for each faction and the way the hubs are set up in enemy territory seems like it might add to some actual decent world pvp but we will see.

I did one at 112 and one at 114. One was fucking around with Galliwix and the other was fending off some humans at Horde foothold. The battling thus far is not very battled. We're at war, damn it!

I assume things will escalate later.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Some "Self-Rotating Dagger" thing dropped in a Heroic Temple Group. Sold it for 450k with it on the AH for about 30 minutes.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Some "Self-Rotating Dagger" thing dropped in a Heroic Temple Group. Sold it for 450k with it on the AH for about 30 minutes.

Someone sold a BoE 350 staff last night for 1.5mil. Dunno why someone would pay so much for an item that's gonna get replaced in a week or two.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's weird to see people buying things for that amount of gold now that everything can be considered to have a RL dollar value due to tokens. Unless you have enough gold or enough of a game revenue source to cover all of your future sub/expansion buys with tokens, every single thing you spend gold on is gold you could have put towards sub/expack. Not really much of an issue for most expenditures, but a 1.5mil staff is 7-8 months of sub (~100 USD)

Whales gonna whale of course, but it's something everyone should be mindful of.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well that list of spoilers was interesting... I suppose we will find out soon enough enough if it was bullshit but some of the stuff seems reasonable.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hit 120 and did some heroic dungeons. Fun to have a whole bunch of new dungeons to learn. Nothing was super hard except some trash pulls really, and we were crazy undergeared (I started at 280). The no trading Azerite armor is an absolutely garbage design decision. Case in point, our DK got 3 sets from our last 3 dungeons.

They definitely made your character feel weaker as you got closer to 120. Loss of legendaries, loss of artifact, weird scaling, my stagger going down each level I gained then shooting back up as I got gear. Levelling as a tank felt very wonky for once and not sure it was the right call. Would've been better served as dps.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
What in the fuck is going on at Blizzard for QA and version control? I just finished ZANDALAR FOREVER and it's putting up beta messages about stuff that should've been live. I shouldn't be seeing 'AWESOME IN-GAME EVENT' on the Live server. (The cutscene doesn't play; it's just the teleport and the words. Even the NPC that would replay it for you does the same teleport + tease.)

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Just did Waycrest Manor. Possibly my new favorite dungeon. the design, music etc were all fantastic. definitely recommend it for people when they hit 120

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users