World of Warcraft: Current Year

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
So, i took off the heart of azeroth because i was curious if the passive stats on the gear would grey out. When i put it back on, my health went up and my passive stats went up (gained just over 2% haste). Not sure if it's a display bug, but WTF blizzard.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't see how this is true because there are obvious counter-examples like TBC, but regardless wasn't the move toward basing abilities on attack power instead of weapon damage supposed to take care of this? Even if not why is it that hard to just shift caster stats to depend as much on the weapon slot for output as physical?

Casters do scale off weapon damage now too I believe it's just that at current gear levels higher end weapons seem to benefit melee more than casters. The DPS difference between a 300 ilvl weapon and a 355 ilvl weapon is much more drastic at current gear levels for melee.

EDIT: that just may be because melee are better than casters atm too but it's kinda too early to tell

Last edited:

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the alliance zones a lot more than the horde ones. Except for the random assrape guards that two shot you and/or tag you for pvp.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Are PVP guards supposed to ignore feign death speaking of them. I don't remember if that's been a thing because I used to never interact with them.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I don't think 10+ mobs will make a dent on a healer, but my brm has no self sustain anymore. I have one heal spell and I generate like 1 healing orb per encounter.

You get 1 orb per full health bar you lose. So the more geared you are the less orbs you get.

I'm nearing 340 and still kill things just as slow as I did at 290. I can do bigger pulls but stuff just dies slow.

So far I am not impressed with this expac. Everything feels like shit, and im Not grinding 3 hours of world quests everyday.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Yup, this feels like cata all over to me again. I played pretty regularly all of Legion bar a month or two where I just logged in to raid. I hit max level on my warrior and then after a couple days dropped my sub. Oh well.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I feel like the horde zones had a specific order to do them in... but you get a choice and the story gets a bit disjointed if you do it wrong. Like I should have done the blood troll zone before the city-zone...

Cybsled

Alliance is similar in that regard. If you do the main Kul'Tiras city zone first, towards the end you get a large quest chunk that deals with the story in Stormsong Valley.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You get 1 orb per full health bar you lose. So the more geared you are the less orbs you get.

I'm nearing 340 and still kill things just as slow as I did at 290. I can do bigger pulls but stuff just dies slow.

So far I am not impressed with this expac. Everything feels like shit, and im Not grinding 3 hours of world quests everyday.
Yeah but at least one armor trait generates orbs (and it's noticable )

I'm only 316. It's weird. I feel behind even though realistically were only 6 days in.

Not being in FOH I feel a lot less 'reason' to stay permanently subbed. I mean I am the main tank here, but I have nothing that would make me want to stick around if this expac doesn't get better. I sure as fuck am not grinding wqs and rep everyday.

• 1WTF

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like the WQ stuff is super over stated by the whole population (not just these boards). If you want to get world first then yes, you gotta grind out a bajillion world quests a day unless you get lucky and get higher pieces in those slots from mythics (which in the next month looks at least sort of likely). So there is only one rep you super need. Even that will come. In 2 months everyone will be exalted with all reps. Is 15ilvl on your particular necklace going to make or break a raid encounter?

Khane

WQs are not a fun way to raise your rep. Not only are they not fun but it's made worse by how slowly, over the course of several months (if you choose to play casually), it takes just so you can unlock quest lines and dungeons that are gated behind said reps.

WQs are slightly better than dailies because there is more variety. But only slightly.

Not to mention that being able to target a specific rep/reward is much more satisfying then not really being able to target anything because you can't make any meaningful progress on one rep alone.

Khane

Pfffft... Duke Hydraxis making an appearance after all these years. Fuck you and your aqual quintessence bud!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Keeping the down ranked heals and nukes in your spellbook is what made it insane, if they only let us keep the max rank version like today then it never would've been an issue.

• 1Solidarity

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like the horde zones had a specific order to do them in... but you get a choice and the story gets a bit disjointed if you do it wrong. Like I should have done the blood troll zone before the city-zone...
I kind of felt the same way (the feeling of needing to do them in a specific order), but I didn't think the story went disjointed. I did it in the order of Zuldazar -> Vol'dun -> Nazmir and nothing really stood out aside from the massive cutscene bugs at the end of the Horde scenario. If anything, I thought Nazmir being last was more appropriate given the info that you're given there as you finish the story quest chain.

Spirit of Aquementas was the best!

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Yeah but at least one armor trait generates orbs (and it's noticable )

I'm only 316. It's weird. I feel behind even though realistically were only 6 days in.

Not being in FOH I feel a lot less 'reason' to stay permanently subbed. I mean I am the main tank here, but I have nothing that would make me want to stick around if this expac doesn't get better. I sure as fuck am not grinding wqs and rep everyday.

A lot of people saw this coming, but I was looking on the bright side until i hit cap. This xpac, at least right now, feels like a shit version of legion. It mostly comes down to the stat squish and ability pruning I think. Not only did we gain no new abilities but most classes lost some, and no tossing things like soothe back in the mix doesn't cut it for anyone that isn't a relatively new player. In effect my toons are functionally the same as they were in legion but feel awful to play.

So no sense of progression and instead a feeling of regression.

It also doesn't help that I have zero interest in the storylines presented when I know the real big bad void lords are on the horizon.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Equating this expansion with cataclysm makes sense. It feels like they didn't spend a whole lot of time on the core quest lines, and more on the environment. It's like a funky reiteration of Pandaria with a Legion-lite experience. The stat squish was also so hardcore that gaining stats and equipment feels damn near inconsequential. The main gear (helm, shoulders, chest) not having secondary stats is likely what's fucking things up. With the lack of legendaries. If we had a system for legendaries like they were at the end of Legion, it would have been infinitely less obnoxious, while still keeping that varied playstyle altering effects that were ultimately interesting and fun. Having the option of a stat proc or a base damage increase to one of my spells isn't fun or interesting, even if that's what they said they wanted to stay away from (basic bitch bonuses). I'm really annoyed and lacking satisfaction so far with this expansion in nearly all aspects save environment and music. The stories are boring, quests are boring, stats are boring, there's minimal min/max potential so far and even then there's not a huge disparity in potential given how small the numbers are. At the beginning of Legion I couldn't fight starred mobs, while here they might as well just be regular mobs...

BfA is the most basic bitch expansion they've had, and with all the hype and lead in, hasn't gone anywhere or really set anything major up other than its isolated story leads to the dungeons.

I guess I'll slap my balls around until 8.1, but at this point I'm not expecting much at this point. However, with the ground work, the potential for crazy shit with artifact armor traits is there... Warfronts, all that shit, I know is gonna be half assed and I haven't even gotten to that yet.