World of Warcraft: Current Year

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Why do you post in threads that aren't Blizzard games?
Well...

ikWULd6Ipq5Ul.png

iBkLGw8QLFyto.jpg

ivb9knCAGf8uT.jpg

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm wondering how many lore inappropriate Burning Crusade references they will make which wouldn't have happened in that timeline. Garrosh is kinda replacing Medivh as the portal opener but maybe past exiled Gul'dan holes up in there since apparently Iron Horde manage to take over part of Blackrock Spire in a Warcraft 1 throwback.

What I'm dreading are dumb things like Honor Hold or Kirin'Var villiage being there, maybe Illidan lol!
Hard to say. They did say we'd see Khadgar, but I don't remember where exactly on the timeline they said we'd be. I thought it was prior to the events of WC1 so we wouldn't see people like Illidan or really any doubles. There won't be 2 Prophet Velens, for example. I don't know how they plan on working that, though. Maybe in the alternate universe he was killed?

Hard to say. They did say we'd see Khadgar, but I don't remember where exactly on the timeline they said we'd be. I thought it was prior to the events of WC1 so we wouldn't see people like Illidan or really any doubles. There won't be 2 Prophet Velens, for example. I don't know how they plan on working that, though. Maybe in the alternate universe he was killed?
only Garrosh goes back in time, the players and everyone else on Azeroth seem to be unaffected by it until the Iron Horde opens the Dark Portal, so its present day Azeroth vs Alternate-Draenor

kaxfenix

N00b
any one able to send me a scroll from an alliance alt on khazmodan .. want to xfer my horde alt on a52 back to my home server and faction.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
only Garrosh goes back in time, the players and everyone else on Azeroth seem to be unaffected by it until the Iron Horde opens the Dark Portal, so its present day Azeroth vs Alternate-Draenor
I don't think that's accurate though. We're not facing old men Warlords; they're in their prime. I'm pretty sure it's like 30 years in the past, but obviously not our timeline so no one from Azeroth stepped through the Dark Portal (Aleria, Turalyon, Alliance 1.0, etc).

moontayle

Golden Squire
It's Back to the Future 2. Biff created an alternate reality, but instead of us being Marty McFly and fixing the situation we're just a bit late to the party and have to deal with a Rich Biff and all his drunk cousins.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I like the analogy, but it doesn't answer the "no doubles" situation. Metzen and the lore guy (can't remember his name off the top of my head) went to great, exasperated lengths to emphasize that it wasn't going to be about Thrall and Garrosh revealing themselves as progeny of the Warlords and that the time travel elements would be low-key (no one is going to meet themselves in the alternate universe, etc).

I am more than willing to accept the possibility that they misspoke, but I just don't see how you can avoid some of the more prominent Draenei meeting themselves on the other side of the portal (unless by the time we get there everyone thatweknow has been assassinated because Garrosh knew their worth or whatever).

I'm way overthinking this...

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Took less than a week to go from iLvl 420 to 472. I suppose this was expected with the Timeless Isle drops, and LFR, but still kind of surprised at how quick it's come. LFR loot has been flowing in!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Took less than a week to go from iLvl 420 to 472. I suppose this was expected with the Timeless Isle drops, and LFR, but still kind of surprised at how quick it's come. LFR loot has been flowing in!
This may not be your style, but it took me less than a day to take my buddy's druid from 420ish to 496 on timeless isle. It's all about having a map and hitting all of the chests.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I am more than willing to accept the possibility that they misspoke, but I just don't see how you can avoid some of the more prominent Draenei meeting themselves on the other side of the portal (unless by the time we get there everyone thatweknow has been assassinated because Garrosh knew their worth or whatever)
That's easy to solve, have nobody from Azeroth-Prime that is important to the story taking place on old Draenor even step through the portal. Then they wont meet themselves. You have the same person exist on both sides of the portal but I dont consider that a problem, after all Onyxia existed in Stormwind and her lair at the same time too, and probably the same for many NPCs.

In other news, playing the 10 day trial has me at the point of subscribing again, mostly because of Pokemon (never played any actual pokemon but the WoW version is entertaining). My highest character is 70 and pre-WotLK so I have some content to play through. I'm not going to rush to the cap I think, instead trying to get some fun out of WotLK since everyone says it's the high point of the game.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
In other news, playing the 10 day trial has me at the point of subscribing again, mostly because of Pokemon (never played any actual pokemon but the WoW version is entertaining). My highest character is 70 and pre-WotLK so I have some content to play through. I'm not going to rush to the cap I think, instead trying to get some fun out of WotLK since everyone says it's the high point of the game.
Consider a few things: WotLK was good for raiding, also the 3 late-coming dungeons (all previous ones were jokes even on heroic mode, they became 7-15 minutes runs quite quickly during the xpack). Questing was still a bit retarded, lots of back and forth from the same questgiver to get the follow-ups, but I think you can purchase flying earlier than 78 now or maybe fly right away at level 70, can't remember to be honest, so it's going to be a lot faster and a lot easier.

Exp is very quick compared to what it was: I used to do 4 zones to get to 80, now you won't probably finish the second one, especially if you have heirlooms and/or do all the dungeons at least once for rewards/exp (you get all the related quests inside the dungeon now).

All being said, levelling through previous expansions is a gigantic waste of time and content now, it's mindnumbing easy, you can literally throw your poop on the keyboard from a distance and win every fight, you can't even do all the quests in a zone because chances are they'll all be grey by the time you're halfway through it (TBC is particularly ridicolous in this regard). It's still interesting if you have never seen the zones I guess and without heirlooms you may need a bit longer to level.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I like the analogy, but it doesn't answer the "no doubles" situation. Metzen and the lore guy (can't remember his name off the top of my head) went to great, exasperated lengths to emphasize that it wasn't going to be about Thrall and Garrosh revealing themselves as progeny of the Warlords and that the time travel elements would be low-key (no one is going to meet themselves in the alternate universe, etc).

I am more than willing to accept the possibility that they misspoke, but I just don't see how you can avoid some of the more prominent Draenei meeting themselves on the other side of the portal (unless by the time we get there everyone thatweknow has been assassinated because Garrosh knew their worth or whatever).

I'm way overthinking this...
The real mystery is why the fuck do they think anyone considers Garrosh an interesting character.

Also, why was the Legion teaser even in Wrathion's questline if there was going to be this dumb as fuck time travel tangent. It's just weird and dumb.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All being said, levelling through previous expansions is a gigantic waste of time and content now, it's mindnumbing easy, you can literally throw your poop on the keyboard from a distance and win every fight, you can't even do all the quests in a zone because chances are they'll all be grey by the time you're halfway through it (TBC is particularly ridicolous in this regard). It's still interesting if you have never seen the zones I guess and without heirlooms you may need a bit longer to level.
After the goblin newbie zone I did all of Azshara and was level 27 without heirlooms. So yeah, its fast as shit now. Quests in the next zone I went to (Ashenvale) were green/grey.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Apparently they're adding cross realm mail in 5.4.2... long over due but yaay. If only they did that a month ago before i decided to waste $$ on transfering a character to tichondrius to give heirlooms to a new scrubby character lol

Also, they made malevolent gladiator shit craftable in 5.4 right? I need to grab a set for my scrubby mage once he hits 90 tonight so i can DEEP FREEZE my way to grevious gladiator~

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Also, they made malevolent gladiator shit craftable in 5.4 right? I need to grab a set for my scrubby mage once he hits 90 tonight so i can DEEP FREEZE my way to grevious gladiator~
Don't even worry about getting a set unless you're just flush with gold. Resilience is a baseline stat now, you can just use timeless isle stuff while you get honor/conquest for the better gear. The crafted stuff is only like ilevel 478 or something.