World of Warcraft: Current Year

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
It's still interesting if you have never seen the zones I guess
That's the situation I am in really, all I know about post-TBC comes from this forum and FoH before that. If it turns out too boring to play through the expansion I'll quit again but I'm thinking for a first timer the zones are still interesting. If the leveling is really *that* fast maybe I should level-lock the character for a bit in order to see some more of WotLK without everything being grey.

I did a TBC dungeon or two during the week and it was a terrible experience tbh, rushing through 2-3 rooms in order to gather as many mobs as possible to AE down, kill a boss, repeat twice and done. I assume while leveling that wont change, but how do the level cap dungeons/scenarios play out?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Don't even worry about getting a set unless you're just flush with gold. Resilience is a baseline stat now, you can just use timeless isle stuff while you get honor/conquest for the better gear. The crafted stuff is only like ilevel 478 or something.
It's more so that i have zero interest in doing PVE on my mage, I'm gonna go straight into pvp. I figured i may as well get some 476 pvp gear in oppose to shitty 420ish green garbage to hold me off until i start getting some honor/conquest points.

We'll see how expensive it is anyway hah.. if its like 750g a piece, screw that.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The real mystery is why the fuck do they think anyone considers Garrosh an interesting character.

Also, why was the Legion teaser even in Wrathion's questline if there was going to be this dumb as fuck time travel tangent. It's just weird and dumb.
Maybe you beat Garrosh A in 6.1, replace him with the Garrosh B (assuming he's locked up somewhere while Garrosh A took over his place), and fight against the legion with the combined might of Azeroth A and Draenor B?

Fuck if I know.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I am starting to think the Legion will either be in 6.2 or on through 7.0 due to KilJaeden's plan in this new draenor getting fucked.

DavivMcD

Peasant
With a time-travelling portal back to old Draenor they have an excuse to do the right thing: Go back to TBC era Garrosh where he's a whiny emo teen who required a huge quest chain culminating in Thrall showing up and pep-talking him into acting like a real man (or orc).....and just kill him there. Even if it wouldn't affect the current timeline at all it'd be worth it.

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
the expac isn't about time travel, it's about travel time
you say ladyboy i say shemale. same thing
smile.png

Jx3

Riddle me this...
So any thought about what class your going to jump to 90? Im thinking priest or shaman. I've never been able to get either of those to any decent level.

Rime

<Donor>
I will probably jump some random character to 90 on the Alliance side (I play only Horde) and then never touch it again.

So far, Heroic fights this tier are pretty fracking fun. At least the first three. Lots of chaos, though it can be mostly boiled down to +1 (or 2) New Ability/Mechanic (or in the case of Fallen Protectors, three) and bigger numbers.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
So any thought about what class your going to jump to 90? Im thinking priest or shaman. I've never been able to get either of those to any decent level.
Unless they add a new class, I'm screwed, got an army of 90s already. Maybe opposing faction? I'd need one extra character slot at least.

@Mr Creed: level 90 heroic dungeons are still done in a similar way, maybe less arrogantly when people are undergeared, but if you find 490+ ilvl people (which nowadays means pretty much anyone with a pulse and still playing) = snorefest galore. Challenging dungeons are not part of WoW anymore. Some say Cata heroics were hard, I say that at best they were harder than most heroics since TBC and if you had both arms functioning they were easy, but pugs can always surprise, this remains true.

MoP dungeons will be for me some of the most unmemorable, I don't even remember all their names.

WoW is a game where you play through once, including LFR and then you have two choices: find a good guild to run heroic modes raids or quit and wait for the next xpack.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I am starting to think the Legion will either be in 6.2 or on through 7.0 due to KilJaeden's plan in this new draenor getting fucked.
This xpac is following the exact same story line as the original TBC (except with shittier more played out villians). You chase some homo to outland, that homo is holed up in some kind of citadel. So you kill his allies until you manage to get in somehow. Then you kill him. Then turns out one of his allies really liked the burning legion and summons them somewhere and you gotta go stop them. All you have to do is replace all the villians from the original WC3 TFT and TBC with the retcon'd villians from WC1 and you get WoD.

BTW calling it now, Archimonde, not Kiljeadan is gonna be the legion villian in WoD, he is gonna be alive still on the Draenor timeline and is gonna exploit the timewarp to try to resurrect himself or something stupid.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well I grabbed all the chests and went from 440 to 481 in a day. Missing neck, weapon, and a second trinket. I assume the path at this point is: Get 20k coins, buy weapon. Buy justice/valor trinket (it's better than LFR stuff anyway, at least on maxdps.com) And then it's LFR hero time.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Well I grabbed all the chests and went from 440 to 481 in a day. Missing neck, weapon, and a second trinket. I assume the path at this point is: Get 20k coins, buy weapon. Buy justice/valor trinket (it's better than LFR stuff anyway, at least on maxdps.com) And then it's LFR hero time.
Or just LFR right away and do the old ones and you will be 490 in your first week.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Been back for a week, at 502 ilvl. I've spent zero coins so far (though I started with an epic dagger and was at 480 ilvl or so). I did Throne of Thunder to get some gear, filled in with gear from Timeless isle. Actually reverse that. I got as much from timeless as possible. I also blew my first burden of eternity on legs to get a 535, and then found a shoulder replacement (finally) to get me to 496. First run through Siege netted me two upgrades to bring that up to 500 ilvl average. That was last week. This week I got an LFR weapon, another upgrade, and some other random shit.

Zero coins spent.
On the other hand, as a rogue I can stealth/sap my way to almost every chest and get the contents. So that helped for the burden.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Don't buy a weapon. Just do the scenario for the 450 or a 2 second heroic for a 463 (you can even use JP to upgrade it) and that's all you need for ToT LFR at which point you can get a 502. If you want to spend coins, buy the Mogu runes for 10k each and get extra rolls in ToT. SoO LFR is still awful so you'll want to get Flex iLvl ASAP.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Do the weekly on isle of thunder for 20 MoP release coins + like 200-300 gold too. You find a chest that has a key in it (Trove of the Thunder King?) and it gives you a solo scenario where you collect chests.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Don't buy a weapon. Just do the scenario for the 450 or a 2 second heroic for a 463 (you can even use JP to upgrade it) and that's all you need for ToT LFR at which point you can get a 502. If you want to spend coins, buy the Mogu runes for 10k each and get extra rolls in ToT. SoO LFR is still awful so you'll want to get Flex iLvl ASAP.
The mogu runes are 1k btw. I assume that was a typo. Should never run ToT without half a dozen and the island makes them really easy to get.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
It is so satisfying to win heroic raid gear with the bonus coins while raiding with a dkp guild.

Last week we killed Galakras on heroic for the first time and I coin rolled the warforged evil eye of galakras trinket.

Last night we killed Sha of Pride on heroic for the first time and I coin rolled the 2h sword.

I quite enjoyed telling the other strength users in the raid to all get in a line and suck it. =)

Itzena_sl

shitlord
With a time-travelling portal back to old Draenor they have an excuse to do the right thing: Go back to TBC era Garrosh where he's a whiny emo teen who required a huge quest chain culminating in Thrall showing up and pep-talking him into acting like a real man (or orc).....and just kill him there. Even if it wouldn't affect the current timeline at all it'd be worth it.
Nah, Garrosh is going to end up killed by one of the old-school orcs when they realise they've all been used for his petty vendetta. Grom should do it, out of preference.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Nah, Garrosh is going to end up killed by one of the old-school orcs when they realise they've all been used for his petty vendetta. Grom should do it, out of preference.
Vol'jin would be way better. A father killing his kid is too dark for Metzen.