World of Warcraft: Current Year

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really wondering if I'm just missing some random bread crumb quest to open up more Tortollan stuff somewhere, been searching around for more quests from them all day. I've not missed any of their WQ's or their emissary days.

yerm

I've seen this a lot and I am not sure why people care that you have to go to the table. The queues are almost instant. I don't think I have ever waited a full 2 minutes to get in on an island.

It's the fact that I have to go to that random ass corner that isn't at a flight path and click the newly implemented form of a meeting stone. I can't queue as a break between wqs, or while parked at an auction house, or whatever. Unless I missed it I don't even have the same tools for group forming that mythics (also requiring travel to the location) have while setting up that may let me preselect a balanced team.

It's either lazy or stupid design, which sucks, since islands themselves kick ass and feel like 3man versions of old school AV.

This shit should be broadcast. It's going to keep people happy and pumped. It should be on the top of the pvp and the pve lists and on the blizzard launcher for good measure. Why hide something great??

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Really wondering if I'm just missing some random bread crumb quest to open up more Tortollan stuff somewhere, been searching around for more quests from them all day. I've not missed any of their WQ's or their emissary days.

Here's a link to wowhead with a list of quests they have: Tortollan Seekers

Brikker

Trump's Staff
On the subject of DPS, I have nfc what I'm doing wrong, but even the SimCraft stuff says I'm not too far behind target for DPS. What I don't understand is how I'm sim'ing at roughly 6-7k for Affliction yet I see Affliction Warlocks in comparable gear (i320ish) doing over 8k? I feel like I'm missing something but I just can't see it. EDIT - To clarify on sim'ing, I'm setting it for completely unbuffed; just gear, Azerite traits, 1 boss Patchwerk style and that's it.

That seems pretty bad, is Afflic just not great? My fresh 120, ilvl 300 surv hunter sims like 7.2k and I can do close to that in dungeons.

Oh I got it.. it just requires friendly

How do you not have friendly? Did you skip all the war campaign? I hit friendly with Champs less than an hour after hitting 120

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That seems pretty bad, is Afflic just not great? My fresh 120, ilvl 300 surv hunter sims like 7.2k and I can do close to that in dungeons.

How do you not have friendly? Did you skip all the war campaign? I hit friendly with Champs less than an hour after hitting 120

I have revered with two factions and still Neutral with Champions. What am I doing wrong?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Guess is as good as mine

I'm basically a walking comedy at this point

Merrith

Here's a link to wowhead with a list of quests they have: Tortollan Seekers

Yeah I saw that list, I'm pretty sure I've done most of the available alliance ones on there. Just wondering if there's some hidden stuff where you need to do a pre-req to open other hubs up. Any Alliance guys here with Tort rep around 6k through honored at this point? I'm around ~2300 after today's WQ and I just can't imagine I've missed anything obvious.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I have revered with two factions and still Neutral with Champions. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe what wormie wormie said? I got 120 on Tuesday, was neutral. Did all 3 emissaries, a few other WQ, and a portion of the war campaign and I noticed I was a bit into friendly when I was getting ready to get off.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yesterday there was a champions emissary. Probably still up now? And i believe the very first emissary was champions as well.

Merrith

Yesterday there was a champions emissary. Probably still up now? And i believe the very first emissary was champions as well.

Yeah the first round of WQ I was able to do Tuesday after I hit 120 and the Champions emissary quest hit friendly for me and I was off.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
More than likely it's because I stopped the war campaign after unlocking wq

When I said I hate wqs I meant I hate them way more than khane

Last edited:

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
There's a bunch of Champions WQs floating around, you can target those specifically and they're not time-consuming. I would unlock what you can on Kul'tiras with the war campaign too, there's some easy and good WQs there as well.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Afflic will likely be a top tier dps spec for raids. It just has awful ramp up time for M0. The ST spec can pull really high numbers on boss fights though. I just set up destruction for this week's Mythic world tour though and just from first glance it looks like it is strictly superior to both Aff and Demo for dungeon running.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider

*snip*
I think one of the biggest issues is I don't have all the gear with the proper stats, but I'm getting closer. I'm kind of Frankenstein's ilvl monster right now, with the secondaries kind of split three ways.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think one of the biggest issues is I don't have all the gear with the proper stats, but I'm getting closer. I'm kind of Frankenstein's ilvl monster right now, with the secondaries kind of split three ways.

standard leveling problems right now its pretty much ilevel > everything to shoehorn myself to the higher content so I can get some more consistent gear and get shit sorted out for stats I want. But we have a few weeks to go before shit opens up so not to big of a problem.

Daidraco

More than likely it's because I stopped the war campaign after unlocking wq

When I said I hate wqs I meant I hate them way more than khane

Whats horse shit is that I can relate to the guy's dying in that video. My mage is slow af. :(