World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Amusingly, it was seen coming. When mainstat grows exponentially, the impact of the secondary stats that percent-increase the effectiveness of what main stat gives you also increase.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Int is worth 2x the best stat for arcane. So 10 Int = 20 Mastery. Pants are about the only item where +5ilvl might not be worth it outside of rings.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
After they reworked the item budgets yes... for everything that has a main stat on it. He picked a slot that doesn't have any main stat on it to complain about. Rings and Trinkets traditionally are the only slots where you may need to keep something 20-30 ilvls lower equipped because of the secondaries/effects. Trinkets have always been completely fucked. Azerite Armor is in that boat now too depending on your class/spec.
Yeah I'm retarded and forgot rings don't have main stat

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
These morons

WoWScrnShot_091618_105945.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The thing with having to do a mission for barely useful flight points in Kul Tiras that are not only gated by Rep... but also buying a mission item them running the mission...

Is fucking stupid.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The thing with having to do a mission for barely useful flight points in Kul Tiras that are not only gated by Rep... but also buying a mission item them running the mission...

Is fucking stupid.

It takes like 3 days to get all of them, if anything it's only stupid how easy it was. Also those extra flight points were amazing, being able to actually go to the other side of the zone without running for an hour is nice.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Reaching 120 sucks on an alt since you need to spend a couple hours running to each FP to make the Kul Tiras even slightly not cancerous.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Look, personally.. Im kind of done already. This expansion just isnt keeping my attention like Legion did. Its the same game, but its not.

The stat squish was handled terribly. It looks good on paper with marginal increase in main stat and the concept of showing ever present bigger numbers to the players with secondaries - but it has made itemization annoying as hell. Its like the team behind the stat squish has no communication with the class balancing teams or vice versa. Blizzard continues to have the same issues with this every time they do it. They arent learning from their mistakes and I just dont get why? I get an item from Heroic Uldir this week, .. finally something from heroic.. and even though the item level is higher, the stats on it are so bad for my class that its not even an upgrade. Worse yet, I cant trade it off cause thats not allowed for how that item came into my possession in that situation.

Azerite Traits could have added some actual flare to the game, but instead they are just another set of Talent Points with Trinket-like attributes. This was suppose to be cool, but its really just an in your face "Farm this item at ever increasing difficulties to get it" at a competitive item level. Or how unfair that shit is if your best in slot azerite items are raid based because you cant spam them like Mythics (even though you werent suppose to be able to do that originally, either).

Some of the traits that were on your Legendary in Legion didnt add much DPS at all and were more flare than anything else. "More Void Tentacles Spawn per use of..." for example, which would end up doing marginal DPS - but it was cool. Seriously, they could have made Azerite Traits look cooler in action and use and just baked that extra DPS into the base class. Higher item levels of that item would do something as simple as change colors or have a slightly different animation with an extra 50 damage rather than the 2500 more damage and no change. Something that beckons back to when people knew where your gear came from before transmog. Right now you see a guy do 2k more damage than the other guy in your group and for all you know hes just better at his rotation. Not that hes accomplished anything more so in the game. You see a mage cast Frozen Orb and its a Ball of Lava instead - you might be interested just enough to see how he made it look like that so you can put that on your mage.

Expeditions and Warfronts are probably my biggest disappointments from when they were announced. Expeditions are akin to farming herbs on a PVP server with three assholes trying to constantly gank you - but instead of thousands of gold in herbs, you're getting azerite that.. depending on the type of player you are, could be completely f'n worthless. If you play too little, then who cares - that 2500 will mean more the next week. Play too much, then the amount of azerite you get from the expeditions is in all reality just a long monotonous slog through at most, 4 or 5 pve heroics. Just another thing on the check list to stay "Current" on your Azerite Mortgage and.. if you're too far ahead, then you efforts could be worthless. They change the tile sets, but your objective never changes.

How they continue to use Artifact Power, Azerite, whatever, like they do keeps a person in a constant state of uncertainty. Personally, after dealing with Artifact Power in Legion, I would rather just log off if I feel like Im not going to make any progress and it would be better to wait till next week. We all know the original intention of Azerite/Artifact Power was to be seen as Alternate Advancement. But this second dose of Artifact Power is starting to make me take a step back and really try to figure out what they are doing. If it resets every expansion, if it speeds up for a catch up mechanic, if it slows down for those that play too much - then of course its just a time gate and lets be real - its a tool to encourage you to keep subbed and log off after completion to save them money.

Warfronts are cool, but are repetitive for the type of experience they are. At least in PVP matches with the same boring tile set, different plays take place that change the entire match up and make it interesting and change up your play style. With this.. all I felt like I was doing was going out, killing a few NPC's, collecting some resources, turning it in, killing some more npc's, clicking a flag, rinse/repeat at different locations and thats it. Different Lieutenants are suppose to change up the look a bit, but are Expeditions in their current form and Warfronts in their current form how you want to spend the rest of this expansion?... Really? Am I missing some hugely entertaining element to one of these additions to the game?

They found a gold mine with Mythic + in legion and they should have carried that experience through into PVE Expeditions and Warfronts. Different Islands, Different lieutenants as to be comparable to different dungeons etc. Could have added ever-changing objectives and more. They have everything in place to make it like this, but instead they went for some dead end route that no ones going to want to fk with outside of some daily or weekly. Which they should be ashamed of themselves for attaching a weekly to content just to almost-make you need to do their poorly thought out ideas, anyways.

Just the more I thought about this, the more I wrote and the more I realized how much more I liked Legion and how bad it truly makes me feel about this expansion. The world in BFA is beautiful, the dungeons are not as great but arent terrible. Uldir's Resident Evil theme is a little over bearing, but its still a fun Raid. Past those three things, Im really disappointed in this expansion. Just.. Lord help me if they attach Flying to more than just Pathfinder for when I actually am interested in the game again.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea they basically phoned BfA in. It's exactly what most of us expected. Cataclysm 2.0.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Im actually enjoying bfa more than legion. Granted I only played Legion for a month or two so I can't comment on the end game content.
I think its the zones being outside and scenic and not just overall depressing likr Legion. Personap opinion so hey guys take it easy 😥😥😥😥💯💯

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Killed lions roar world boss and go t a 370 chest. 17/20/23/26

I'd be curious if anyone else got a chest what level theirs rolled at. FYI my neck is 19.5

Curious if they fucked it up THIS BAD

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Didn't Ion say something about it being working as intended and basically gave a "We understand your concerns but don't really give a shit" answer in his AMA?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Im actually enjoying bfa more than legion. Granted I only played Legion for a month or two so I can't comment on the end game content.
I think its the zones being outside and scenic and not just overall depressing likr Legion. Personap opinion so hey guys take it easy 😥😥😥😥💯💯

BFA is legion but worse at this point objectively. It is only one raid in so they have time to course correct but we had Cata and WoD as examples that they will ride a shitty transition xpac until it dies.

1.) They took their previous alternate progression route which they had got in to a workable state in Tomb of Sargeras and actually made it regress to its earlier legion state and adding on the shit pie that is having an upgrade drop you cannot equip because you're gated on unlocking the traits.

2.) The trait system is in this weird spot where it is trying to mimic the legendy items of legion and the removed tier sets. It isn't accomplishing either.

3.) Island expeditions were a huge waste of resources for what they ended up being. 2nd core system that is badly conceived or executed.

4.) They can't decide if they want to gate you to old age with rep and AP or do they want to shower you in loot with Warfronts, World quests, and PvP.

5.) Gating the biggest draw of the xpac, allied races, behind rep. Including some of those races being put behind rep from the previous expansion.

6.) Demo, Destro, Ele, Feral, MM, and Shadow being acknowledged dead specs by blizzard before the first raid tier shakes out.

7.) Mythic+ is back. Its great just like the legion version. The problem is the whole system is a complete copy paste of the legion one. The best part of the game at the moment is literally something moved intact from the previous expansion with no iteration. Thats kind of sad.

The zones are well designed and aesthetically pleasing I will give them that. Problem is it takes about eight hours to go 110-120 with full rested at this point.