World of Warcraft: Current Year

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Why is itemization so fucking bad? I am sick of getting a piece of gear that is 20-30 ilvls higher than my current piece and being WORSE. Just got a 370 ring and it's worse than both my 340 ring and my 355 ring. Like the 370 ring will give me 1k hp and 1.0% dmg reduction via Versatility or my 340 ring will give me 3% haste and 30 weapon dps AND like 14 mastery.

Fuck versatility man. And fuck gear just not having haste too.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Players make King's rest difficult. Boss mechanics is real easy.
1st boss - drop the slime on the balcony. Slime adds>>>>>>boss
2nd boss - open correct coffins and avoid his ground slam
3rd boss - interrupt poison Nova, dodge swirling axes
Final boss - avoid shit on ground, when the cave in comes to you DONT runaway from it. Run through it so you'll be behind it and finish killing the boss. Once it comes back round to you the boss should be dead.
The hardest part imo is the hallway of kings. The set of 4 where the axe guy can almost intsagib you.
But as a DK I charm undead the beastmasters and use them through most of the dunegon. That arrow shot they use does alot of damage.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Atal'Dazar > Siege of Boralos > Freehold > King's Rest > Underrot > Tol Dagor > Motherlode > Waycrest > Shrine of Storm > Temple of Sethraliss would probably be my rankings. Obviously affixes can change that considerably.

And a good DH makes Shrine of Storm really easy. I did Shrine today at +4 and we had 9 mins left. It was my first Mythic + and we did so well it gave me a +10 Keystone to Tol Dagor.

Don't ever do Atal'Azar with 4 melee. Jesus that sucked ass.

And fuck Temple of Sethraliss because so many idiots can't get past the lightning balls. I wish I would have recorded our healer today that spent 5 minutes getting knocked back and failing to get through. It was hilarious, and sad.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
My hardest dungeon boss list.

Atal - Rezan - don't LoS his roar and run over purple puddles and spawn adds
Freehold - The pig.(there's a trick to get him quickly) Naw the ogre shark boss. His pet shark
Sea shrine - the council enough said....
Tol dagor - night captain Valyri. People don't move barrels.
Underrot - Sporecaller - don't kill shrooms with upheavel or tank with shockwave
King's rest - 1st boss cause players are not dropping slime far enough away.
Waycrest - sister triad. Tank doesn't kite sister malady
Motherlode - can't think of any hard boss there
Temple - the puzzle Sparks. Seen so many people fail this.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Why does the tank need to kite malady? Her aura is a stacking dot that goes away if you jump

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Why does the tank need to kite malady? Her aura is a stacking dot that goes away if you jump
Didn't know jumping gets rid of the aura. I usually kite her around till she tosses the eye to another sister which always worked flawlessly. Guess same result but different execution.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
And fuck Temple of Sethraliss because so many idiots can't get past the lightning balls. I wish I would have recorded our healer today that spent 5 minutes getting knocked back and failing to get through. It was hilarious, and sad.

I kind of wonder if there's a hit detection issue with those lightning balls though. I get past them just fine with my DK who's a male blood elf, but my female blood elf hunter kept getting caught even though I was running through some wide open spots. I mean, I couldn't do that shit for the life of me and I'm usually the guy who never has issues.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I kind of wonder if there's a hit detection issue with those lightning balls though. I get past them just fine with my DK who's a male blood elf, but my female blood elf hunter kept getting caught even though I was running through some wide open spots. I mean, I couldn't do that shit for the life of me and I'm usually the guy who never has issues.

Yeah depending on druid form I go from never fail to multiple fuckups.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Shark boss in Freehold especially his shark that chases you is retarded.

Did my first Mythic tonight against that thing, I couldn't outrun if it wouldn't have been for ghost wolf. Pushed my shit in on the first pull, glad I had reincarnate.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Did my first Mythic tonight against that thing, I couldn't outrun if it wouldn't have been for ghost wolf. Pushed my shit in on the first pull, glad I had reincarnate.
Kite them through the blood pools. They'll stop and thrash around in them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Got 3 "upgrades" today that are worse than what I was already using despite being much higher ilvl. First was this shitty 370 ring: +266 Stamina, +179 Critical Strike, +226 Mastery. Yeah that blows for me because I desperately need to hit 20% Haste. So my 355 Ring is better, hell my 340 ring is close to being better, arguably might be. And then another one is this shitty Trinket 355: +236 Agility, Use: Turn hands into gold, next 5 auto attacks do an extra 2.8k. My other trinkets are Blockades and a 345 Galecaller's Boon. Love Galecaller's Boon, it's 16 less agility than the new trinket, but the new trinket's click may as well do nothing for me whatsoever, whereas the old one has a clicky +16 % movement speed + 16% haste for 10 sec.

I can't actually think of anyone that would want My'das Talisman over something like that tbo. What am I missing here? Are trinkets just also terribly itemized? 16 agility from an extra 10ilvl is not worth having such a god awful click effect. Who designed this garbage?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Limit downed Mythrax last night. They have a real shot of winning this race and bringing it home for the US. Method was doing really poorly on him, a lot of individual mistakes and a lot of trying new things wasting time.

Sco was saying as they logged he had a really bad feeling about it and predicted to wake up to Limit having gotten the kill.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
View attachment 176081

My follower from Legion on my DK apparently worked on this WQ rare in Vol'dun, so I got 400 order resources and 10 gold. I also gained a bonus from the Order Hall upgrade that gives you extra OR for having a follower while doing WQs.
Got that one as well. Was funny seeing my follower getting 0 XP (because of course he's been maxed since forever).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got 3 "upgrades" today that are worse than what I was already using despite being much higher ilvl. First was this shitty 370 ring: +266 Stamina, +179 Critical Strike, +226 Mastery. Yeah that blows for me because I desperately need to hit 20% Haste. So my 355 Ring is better, hell my 340 ring is close to being better, arguably might be. And then another one is this shitty Trinket 355: +236 Agility, Use: Turn hands into gold, next 5 auto attacks do an extra 2.8k. My other trinkets are Blockades and a 345 Galecaller's Boon. Love Galecaller's Boon, it's 16 less agility than the new trinket, but the new trinket's click may as well do nothing for me whatsoever, whereas the old one has a clicky +16 % movement speed + 16% haste for 10 sec.

I can't actually think of anyone that would want My'das Talisman over something like that tbo. What am I missing here? Are trinkets just also terribly itemized? 16 agility from an extra 10ilvl is not worth having such a god awful click effect. Who designed this garbage?
I don't know what class you are, but doesnt main stat trump secondaries?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

You got my ring it seems....

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't know what class you are, but doesnt main stat trump secondaries?

After they reworked the item budgets yes... for everything that has a main stat on it. He picked a slot that doesn't have any main stat on it to complain about. Rings and Trinkets traditionally are the only slots where you may need to keep something 20-30 ilvls lower equipped because of the secondaries/effects. Trinkets have always been completely fucked. Azerite Armor is in that boat now too depending on your class/spec.

Last edited:

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Just a heads up, but Legion Assaults are still active and give good experience for sub-111. A 110 character can get like 75% of a level towards 111. However, after you level up to 111 the drop-off is significant and pretty worthless after that.

If you have alts and you're not quite looking to jump into BfA (I'll do anything to hold off Trolltown for a little longer), its a quick boost.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Island Expeditions
  • Substantially increased the drop rates for the various bonus rewards, such as transmog items, pets, quest starters, and mounts.

A good start. I really like the Island Expeditions gameplay as a nice alternative to just dungeon grinding. The biggest problem is that the rewards are ALL cosmetic. Which will be fine for me once I'm out of other stuff to do but as it stands now they just don't seem worthwhile to run. Which is a shame because I think they are promising. The other issue is that they decided to make them 3 player scenarios instead of full group scenarios. Kinda stupid to be in a guild M+ group and someone says "Hey anyone need island expeditions for the weekly cap?" and you need to drop 2 people.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Finally got last slot to 340+, so my ilevel is back to purple. Still haven't done much dungeons or raids. Thanks Stromgarde!