World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So finally did a couple warfronts. The idea is interesting and the zone seems to work with with the big herd of NPC. They just need to add a heroic/mythic difficulty and I think it would be a blast. The first one really has the feel of the training wheels being on just to let people get the concept and learn the map but feels like there should be a "real" difficulty mode to play it seriously.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Idk I did my first warfront yesterday and it was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. The fact that I had to wait a month to participate in one probably didn't help, but after doing it I guess I'm thankful I only have to do it once a month. The fact that it took development hours to create that definitely bothers me though. That time could have been much better spent on making Island Expeditions actually good or interesting, or tuning/creating good azerite traits etc etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would think they would do something like that once the second Warfront opens up.

That is my guess. The first one is the intro for everybody here is this thing here is how you play it and not that difficult so you don't scare people off. Next one they can ratchet up the difficulty to where it probably should be and you still probably win most of them but you would have to work for it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm not sure they needed to introduce people to the concept. It's a battleground vs NPCs instead of players. What amazing, groundbreaking new tech.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't like how random the loot in warfronts is. On one character, I got a 370 chest item from the initial quest, then the next week I got two more 340 chests and a bunch of other junk from killing rares. Meanwhile, I'm still using a bunch of 325 blues in other slots. The tank boss just dropped some gold for both of my toons. Dungeon and BG loot is almost all random now too.

Didn't we all agree about 15 years ago that random loot sucks and we went to badges of justice and honor points instead? It's not perfect but it was a way better system.

Wurstsalat

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone else quitting his shadow priest? I am at 360 and i cant even find random groups for +m5 cause we suck so much.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
M+ this week is a nightmare Teeming+Fort+quake+infested honestly some packs now just straight up oneshot a tank at +10 even if you cc everything in the pack that can be cc'd. The level of coridination required to complete a +10 is just absurd cannot see to many people doing a true pug this week at +10

I seen groups quite +3 's in underot because of how bad the place is now. The pack before the totems boss in Atal at around +6 and above honestly warlock portal past them or sucide CR it, or just lube up and get ready to take the pain. I just going to stick to Manor, Motherlode, I think this week they are not to bad

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In a guild group we missed a 9 Atal'dazar by a couple minutes this week due to a couple mistakes; it wasn't tooooo bad. According to one of the guys in my group, they may have hotfixed a couple of the packs. He did it on Tuesday, on a 6, and said it looked like a few of the teeming mobs got removed (a couple of the giant constructs that get a buff when something near it dies). They may have made some changes to other dungeons as well.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
teeming/fortified is not a pleasant combo, and it is even worse in BFA as fortified used to be a +10 affix and is now a +2 affix. Trash in general is more dangerous in BFA than it was in Legion as well, so I don't think many people are having a good time in M+ this week.

It is pretty noticeable too, I pugged like 7 or 8 8+ siege of boralus keystones last week, and I haven't been able to find any yet this week.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Table missions for 70gold are not only completely fucking moronic but insulting as well.
It was unfortunately like that at the start of legion and wod as well. The inital amounts are a joke and not worth the resources and over the expansion it winds up becoming a money printing machine again.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Table missions for 70gold are not only completely fucking moronic but insulting as well.

70g and take a long time to complete too. It's surprising there are no fun missions that result in a pet or something. They've really lamed down the table since WoD.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
70g and take a long time to complete too. It's surprising there are no fun missions that result in a pet or something. They've really lamed down the table since WoD.

I think they probably are going to be phasing those types of things in over time. It looks from the initial 8.1 stuff if you have maxed rep you will be getting commendations you can give to alts like legion and paragon rep stuff is coming in. I think they are pacing it out so its not like WOD where shit ton of rewards are available right out of the gate using the mission table. Early on it gives you the two things you need rep tokens and azerite. As the expansion goes on and those start diminishing in usefulness gold rewards will start ratcheting back up and then other more fun stuff likely starts appearing as well. One thing to note if you kinda watch the missions and read their blurbs currently I believe all the missions you are sending out seem to take place over on the eastern kingdoms/kalimdor so I think as the expansion goes on and the war spreads they will use that as an excuse to add new for fun stuff on the mission table.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I hope the mission table stays in its current state. Completely useless. Then maybe they will finally remove the stupid thing from the game entirely.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Decent summary by kaid.

I know we held a meeting last night at 8pm to vote on permanently banning kaid. Let's consider extending the vote for a few more days to further evaluate his actions.

• 1Seriously?