World of Warcraft: Current Year

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I think it means no snap aggro. You need to be building up threat and then use taunt to eventually bring the mob over to you.

It’s a shit design the way encounters work.
So if my healer gets aggro I have to start attacking the mob, hoping to gain enough threat and then taunt the mob off him? The healer has to either outheal the incoming damage while I get threat, use defensive CDs or run away. Are they purposely trying to sabotage this game?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So if my healer gets aggro I have to start attacking the mob, hoping to gain enough threat and then taunt the mob off him? The healer has to either outheal the incoming damage while I get threat, use defensive CDs or run away. Are they purposely trying to sabotage this game?
I am guessing that if this does go into live the reasoning will be that they want tank swaps in raids to be more involved and interesting instead of snap aggro when an add on tells them to do so.

We shall see, I am surprised there isn’t a bigger discussion about it unless it is happening on the official forums which is a cesspool that I won’t touch.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This is going to be a tanking nightmare in m+. I can't tell you how many times someone accidentally pulls/aggro mobs then I gotta "insta" taunt it off them. Now I gotta run after them wacking the mob cause they always seems to run AWAY from the tank when they get aggro. I can't wait to try this with skittish affix.

Last edited:

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I am guessing that if this does go into live the reasoning will be that they want tank swaps in raids to be more involved and interesting instead of snap aggro when an add on tells them to do so.

We shall see, I am surprised there isn’t a bigger discussion about it unless it is happening on the official forums which is a cesspool that I won’t touch.

tank swaps aren't the problem, the main problem is when you're not actively tanking, you're just derping around most of the time. Give tank who is not tanking something meaningful to do during off time. I don't know, some other way to get stacks fall off instead of just waiting. Tank an add standing in fire, hug other players to get rid of their stacks of bad in order to get rid of yours (have other player stacks do massive aoe damage in order to prevent from clumping up for stack dumping all at once), do interesting ping-pong swapping (remember Four Horsemen)

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
qx6TEIU.jpg

Where is this from? I cant find anything official on it.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some of y’all misunderstand the change. Taunt will still bring your threat equal to/slightly above the highest person. It will snap aggro. The change is taunt will no longer increase the threat you generate during the taunt debuff on the mob. This means during tank swaps the tank transitioning to off tank will need to stop using skills. It is a stupid change.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Check the dungeon guide, it has a tab that shows Timewalking and they're updated. It looks like i335 is the number.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ah, thank you. Here's to hoping they can titanforge like they used to then, so I can get some upgrades.

Cybsled

This sounds like the EQ1 "Just because you can do damage, doesn't mean you should do damage!" vision of threat balance lol

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Yep it'll still snap aggro and make a mob attacking someone else attack you, the issue is if dps continue hitting the same mob with aoe abilities they'll pull again, looking at you bladestorm/fel barrage.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I long for the days when you had to turn off auto attack and sit there with a thumb up your ass so you wouldn't pull threat. How exciting it was to afk for 30 seconds in the middle of a fight.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
If they want threat management to be a thing then give players tools to manage aggro. Can't just remove every aggro tool from the game except taunt and make threat matter.

I actually wouldn't mind if aggro was something you had to actually care about, beyond just doing more damage as a tank, but I don't think it's a good fit in wow.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
DBM/BigWigs/WA will now include timers/warnings for rogues and hunters to tricks/misdirect on taunt swaps.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
For you 2 other pets nerds - because my googling is turning up nothing. I derped out and killed the 3 pets in the menagerie before taking the daily quest. So I take the Scrappin' quest and beat them again, but I get no credit. Log out and in, beat them 2 more times, nada. Known bug? Am I missing something obvious?