World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Warfronts aren't bad for loot if you're a new level 120 and your other options are pretty wrecked. You definitely want to go to Arathi and farm the rares first, because anything that drops will be i340+ and you're bound to get something. After that, warfronts aren't too bad even after that initial quest run if your luck with Arathi rares was awful. Any loot you get then will have a lower chance of being repeats of what you already got from the rares if you got practically nothing.

Your main goal though is to bang that rare/warfront loot hard to get your base ilvl up before doing World Quests, because the higher your ilvl, the higher the WQ rewards will be. This is important because the WQs give out rings, which aren't available in warfronts/Arathi, and are a pain in the ass to get sometimes. Those and trinkets can really hold your ilvl down sometimes.

I just ran through a fresh 120 through the warfronts. I have to say its a pretty solid catch up mechanic for alts. Then once you get 340 everywhere it makes gearing up higher even easier. So pretty nice way to get a fresh character up to decent raiding/mythic dungeon gearing pretty painlessly. I had been able to run the arathi world zone before we gained access so had already gotten 1 370 from world boss and 2 340s from random drops combined with the 370 from the one time quest and a hand ful of other runs druids ilevel is 342 with not a ton of effort which is nice.

I hope the next warfront ups the difficulty a bit. This one seems a bit on the easy side which given it was pretty much put in place for accessibility/and to teach people how to do warfonts is kinda understandable. But I think if they can up the difficulty a heroic/mythic version of warfonts could be very enjoyable. Or a flat out full pvp version which would almost be like arathi valley in a shorter time frame mode.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
As a random aside from all the complaints about BFA I have to say I am really enjoying PVP a lot this go round. Legion I did very little because the whole prestige system hurt my brain and the way it forced you to basicaly have a single PVP character only offended me. This go round the gearing seems reasonably well done do your 500 points and you get one specific item and then once per week you can get a second item from the chest. You can progress it pretty well without having to go nuts but if you are a hard core PVP'er doing the rated bg and arenas you can get even higher Ilevel stuff and other rewards so pretty good mix of rewards with enough benefits for more skilled play.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
My major complaint as someone who is using the warfront to gear up alts is that you have a bunch of morons running around doing the side paths and shit. Turns a 12-15 minute completion in to a 20-25 minute one.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I like warfronts, but I can only stomach them for one game per cycle basically. There's literally no depth or strategy to it whatsoever. The concept is cool but who cares at the moment really.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
As a random aside from all the complaints about BFA I have to say I am really enjoying PVP a lot this go round. Legion I did very little because the whole prestige system hurt my brain and the way it forced you to basicaly have a single PVP character only offended me. This go round the gearing seems reasonably well done do your 500 points and you get one specific item and then once per week you can get a second item from the chest. You can progress it pretty well without having to go nuts but if you are a hard core PVP'er doing the rated bg and arenas you can get even higher Ilevel stuff and other rewards so pretty good mix of rewards with enough benefits for more skilled play.

The way the loot system works in PvP is the way it should work in the entire game.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I don't doubt they lost half of the launch subs, but I do doubt that they only had 3.2 mil at launch.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The way the loot system works in PvP is the way it should work in the entire game.

I would agree. Something visible you can work towards that has some certainty but also you get the once per week random item. Also good differences in power level between the normal puggers and people doing more serious stuff at a satisfying pace.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like warfronts, but I can only stomach them for one game per cycle basically. There's literally no depth or strategy to it whatsoever. The concept is cool but who cares at the moment really.

One thing that also has me curious is does blizard have a cannon outcome to the warfronts. Cause I just killed the shit out of lady liandrin and in a couple weeks horde are going to murder a pretty major alliance character. That seems like either outcome would have some pretty significant consequences.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I cancelled my subscription today until some major changes are made. Just one voice in the pile but who knows maybe enough will do that and they will see that they kind of screwed this one up.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I believe those numbers. I am willing to bet that the sub number will drop under 1 million for the first time in many years in about 2 months. If not for the ability to pay with gold, the numbers would even be lower. This expansion was atrocious in all ways save for music and environment.

I was trying to think of any online game that has managed to do what Blizzard has done. They created an expansion that took away abilities and powers from a character and successfully sold it. No other game that I can think of has ever done that. In this expansion, a character lost the ability to fly, to use abilities gained from artifact weapons and lost set bonuses on armor. They put out an incomplete system of armor that did nothing to replace what was lost. I do not remember Everquest, UO, DAoC or a multitude of Korean games ever taking away from a character in an expansion like BFA did. The idea is to become more powerful, not less. BFA has by far the smallest carrot ever offered in a new expansion for players to want to play.

Some day I will get to fly again but I already could fly.
Look at all the abilities that the new armor can provide. The abilities are much weaker and more boring that the Legion weapon abilities were.
Just wait until you see the new set bonuses but they were removed.

They could have just left this in the world of Legion and created a large planatory sized planet eater as the super boss and it would have been just as interesting.

They honestly just need to reboot the whole game at this point but they will not. What a shame.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Well, here's to hoping that Blizzard will finally see that nobody really enjoys WoW anymore aside from the extremely hardcore, or the extremely casual players.
Then again it's headed by one of the dumbest motherfuckers in the game, so i won't hold my breath.

• 1Worf

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

There's obviously been a decrease in active players ingame since release : AH activity has slowed down and gathering spots are less camped.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Considering we were only in beta for like 6 months vs legions year+ it's not really a surprise. I guess the offset of that is another 14 month raid tier that everyone hates. But at least the rest of Legion had something to offer.

Legion wasn’t in beta for over a year, not even close. I think alpha started up in December ‘15/Jan ‘16 iirc. I got my invite in Jan or Feb. Legion launched Sept ‘16 (well Aug 30th)

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I cancelled 1 account and the other I'm using gold. I don't farm mats so when I run out of money I'm letting it lapse.

Wouldnt surprise me of this was true, but it also only looks at paid account and not gold.