World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I mean it sounds like the company has gotten to big and fat. There is probably a mix of complacency along with losing some of the leading forces who made good games. They are no longer a hungry group who wants to make amazing games they are an arrogant group who feels they are amazing because they work at Blizzard. Yet they fail to realize they are not the reason Blizzard was a successful company.

Even if the direction they end up is some Activision bullshit at least I enjoyed their games for a couple of decades that’s a pretty long fucking time. I can’t complain about the games and value they have provided over the years it was top notch, but now I need a new company who wants to cater to my niche.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Really sucks. The Death Knight class is responsible for so many great gaming memories for me. I can’t beliebe the greatness of Legion was followed up with BFA.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'll play in 8.1 probably.

For you dudes that knew how much I played in Legion it's kind of insane I've burnt out this hard this fast on 2 different classes without even really playing that much. I mean I've only cleared the raid like 2 or 3 times. Enhancement is fun in PvP cause it can obliterate anything if RNG is on your side. Other than that the gameplay is just... not fun. They removed so much flavor with artifacts and I'm still not sure why. I'm sad about not playing to be honest, but everytime I try I just jump around for 5 minutes, mog my character, and then log out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
From a player power standpoint, you just came from repelling an otherworldly/other dimensional invasion and now you’re cleaning up some ghost stories and pirates but it’s harder than fighting fel magics.

Shit just doesn’t make sense.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
From a player power standpoint, you just came from repelling an otherworldly/other dimensional invasion and now you’re cleaning up some ghost stories and pirates but it’s harder than fighting fel magics.

Shit just doesn’t make sense.

They did an end run around that from a lore (LOL) perspective. It seems that all of the power was in our weapons and we had to junk those to save Azeroth so now we're just slightly special people again.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've been messing around with alts and multi-boxing. I find character-building and class-learning more fun than the high end a lot of times, especially now. I also like setting up easy ways to farm gold.

My only issue comes when I reach BfA levels, where the questing is stupid boring, islands only allow 3 characters, and you can't fly yet. They're adding in assaults next patch, but apparently they don't give a whole lot of experience like invasions do.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I've been messing around with alts and multi-boxing.

I tried that once, and don't get me wrong: Multiboxing is a challenge in itself, and getting good at it can be very rewarding - but after trying it I realized that I am soloing in something that should be a somewhat social experience with other players - just because it is hard to find players with the same goals and skill levels that play at the same time and do the same content.

Or to rephrase it: I was multiboxing to escape the bads and stupids that also happen to play the game.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They're adding in assaults next patch, but apparently they don't give a whole lot of experience like invasions do.

Of course they don't. Why would they move forward with something everyone liked. Gotta go backwards!

Khane

I tried that once, and don't get me wrong: Multiboxing is a challenge in itself, and getting good at it can be very rewarding - but after trying it I realized that I am soloing in something that should be a somewhat social experience with other players - just because it is hard to find players with the same goals and skill levels that play at the same time and do the same content.

Or to rephrase it: I was multiboxing to escape the bads and stupids that also happen to play the game.

I 5 box but only to farm or to make WQs more worthwhile. When Legion made everything multitap it made multiboxing to farm very worthwhile and a great time saver. As you said trying to multibox group content is pure anti-social behavior and it's more frustrating than rewarding usually anyway.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I do it mostly for convenience and farming. I like the character-building as a means towards the end-game farming. The stronger the characters, the easier it is to deal with the world as a whole.

I also like to use them to farm the transmogs. Most of my guys have their own designs and don't look the same, like a lot of multi-boxers.

I don't have lofty goals of doing group content or raids with them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never multi boxed in WoW, but did try it at the end of my EQ career. Changed the game and made it interesting again, creating a little mini squad to take on old content and new. Kept me playing EQ a couple of more years. Never had more than 4 clients going though. I found 2 boxing and 3 boxing more my style.

I would love a mmo that allowed you to level up different classes in the traditional manner (solo, questing, group) but also added a squad mode that allowed you to multi box your toons in a single client.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I agree with Booze Cube that the company is just dead in its own weight right now. Someone needs to come in and shake up the company and breathe some new life into it if its ever going to regain its name within the industry. Its not like theyre putting out Fall Out 76 right now, but we all feel like thats the direction the company is headed.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think (one of) the big problems is they are just too successful. The larger you get and the more money you make, the less willing they are to rock that boat with change, and lose it. And changes in general can be hard for large companies - like trying to push a boulder through molasses. You have too many people in too many different departments adding friction, because "don't change what's working!", even as it works less, and less, and less. It's now far better (they think) to be "safe" rather than "bold", when being bold is what got them where they are.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The sad part is they aren’t even being safe, being safe would be pumping out Diablo 4 and expacks, Warcaft 4, Starcraft 3 and more WoW expacs, instead they keep trying to add their own spin on shit, too many devs wanting to leave their mark out of ego instead of admiting those who were ahead of them did it better. If you look at Koticks MO he would push for more of the same on yearly releases like Black Ops of Guitar Hero until the franchise is dead. Sadly I think that would even be better than the shit Bliz is putting out now.

• 1Like

Khane

Went into Uldir and got an Archive piece on my DH, figured every 3 bosses I killed would add a stack until I was caught up. Nope, can only get one stack per week. Excellent design decision. More punishment for alts or main swapping, because everyone loved how terrible it was at the beginning of Legion.

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Went into Uldir and got an Archive piece on my DH, figured every 3 bosses I killed would add a stack until I was caught up. Nope, can only get one stack per week. Excellent design decision. More punishment for alts or main swapping, because everyone loved how terrible it was at the beginning of Legion.

I said the same thing a couple of months ago and was met with retard apologist saying you should be rewarded for playing a main and alts shouldn’t get the catchup. Basically the same mimicked talking points dumbfuck blues say.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I said the same thing a couple of months ago and was met with retard apologist saying you should be rewarded for playing a main and alts shouldn’t get the catchup. Basically the same mimicked talking points dumbfuck blues say.

It's fine to have that in place for a time but when you're facing down the barrel of a new content patch open that shit wide open. The whole last month should have been one stack per three bosses per difficulty. You're going to have 370 gear at the LFR difficulty in a couple weeks but people can't get quicker archive stacks? Ooookay.

• 1Dislike

Fucker

Log Wizard
I think (one of) the big problems is they are just too successful. The larger you get and the more money you make, the less willing they are to rock that boat with change, and lose it. And changes in general can be hard for large companies - like trying to push a boulder through molasses. You have too many people in too many different departments adding friction, because "don't change what's working!", even as it works less, and less, and less. It's now far better (they think) to be "safe" rather than "bold", when being bold is what got them where they are.

They hire complete dingleberries like Ion to run the game, and that's their problem. Then all the dingleberries put their dingleberry buddies in charge of making other decisions, and you wind up with a games company that pinches out nothing but shit. Blizz is fucked if they don't get rid of these people NOW.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
They hire complete dingleberries like Ion to run the game, and that's their problem. Then all the dingleberries put their dingleberry buddies in charge of making other decisions, and you wind up with a games company that pinches out nothing but shit. Blizz is fucked if they don't get rid of these people NOW.
So you mean like any government. Not to get political, just a joke. But I'm not wrong.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Fortunately those stacks mean fuck all when the next raid tier comes out. Just like the gear.