World of Warcraft: Current Year

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I recently picked this back up. Leveled a mage to 90, my GS is like 505 and im doing SoO LFR and am getting trashed on dps charts. Im like struggling to break 100k on most fights. Meanwhile everyone else it seems like ( other frost mages included ) are pulling like 200k+

I am trying to follow the priority set by Icy Veins I mean I must just be doing something wrong. Im sure my gear isn't "optimal" but is a staff ( vs 1h / oh ) and 30gs going to add another 100k dps?

Saban_sl

shitlord
So I recently picked this back up. Leveled a mage to 90, my GS is like 505 and im doing SoO LFR and am getting trashed on dps charts. Im like struggling to break 100k on most fights. Meanwhile everyone else it seems like ( other frost mages included ) are pulling like 200k+

I am trying to follow the priority set by Icy Veins I mean I must just be doing something wrong. Im sure my gear isn't "optimal" but is a staff ( vs 1h / oh ) and 30gs going to add another 100k dps?
You would be surprised what 30 ilvl would do to your dps, especially with trinkets and weapons. But it does sound like maybe a rotation problem of some sort. I don't play frost mage though.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider

It's mostly gear to be honest, especially if you have a lot of Timeless. The cloak ups your DPS quite a bit just on it's own and along with tier bonuses and the huge stat increase from having worthwhile gear (with gem slots and that you will actually want to enchant and reforge) and it's not unreasonable to put out twice the DPS than a Timeless geared 90.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

Spell power is still king for damage. If you're not rocking a 502 or higher weapon you're gonna be stuck under 100k with your average gear being 505.

Frost rotation is very straightforward. Keep up your nether tempest/living bomb, spam frost bolt, cast ice lance when fingers of frost procs (the light blue, icy semi circles indicate this) and frostfire bolt when brain freeze procs (the orange and blue semi circle that shows up above the other two for fingers of frost). There is only one buff you must maintain and that's Evocation (Invoker's Energy). You have to recast it every minute for 100% uptime. I use an addon called Tell Me When (TMW) to remind me to recast it when there's about 5 seconds remaining on the buff. It puts a huge Invoker's Energy icon in the middle of my screen that is semi-translucent between 5-0 seconds remaining, then at 0 seconds it's fully alpha'd.

You have a couple dps cooldowns with alter time and icy veins. Mirror image does give you a little dps but if you're feeling overwhelmed it's not that crucial. Obviously timewarp is your bloodlust. Make sure you caster icy veins and time warp BEFORE alter time for maximum uptime of those buffs (they reset to their remaining duration from when you originally cast alter time).

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Make sure when you cast alter time that some random "move or you die" thing happens while it is running so that you die and smash your keyboard (or laugh and enjoy your bonus fap time)

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fucking oqueue is retarded. 550 ilvl requirements for flex runs, are you fucking serious?

I'm either doing something wrong or the entire thing is retarded, as I've not been able to join a run on it yet. Click on waitlist, changes to pending, 4 hours later, nothing.

Rime

<Donor>
Fucking oqueue is retarded. 550 ilvl requirements for flex runs, are you fucking serious?

I'm either doing something wrong or the entire thing is retarded, as I've not been able to join a run on it yet. Click on waitlist, changes to pending, 4 hours later, nothing.
oQueue displays your spec/item level when you are entered into the waitlist. The person in charge of the raid has the option of removing you or letting you wait forever. Most people just let you rot on the list, rather than directly reject you.

Your best bet for getting a FLEX wing done with oQueue at a low item level is to set up the raid yourself and run it. It will require you watching the videos to at least sound like you know what you are doing if you have little/zero experience with the encounters.

Most people posting 540+ requirements are looking to be carried or working on Meta Achievements, rarely, you will find a group that high just looking to kill Garrosh quickly for a chance at the flex heirloom weapons.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Gotta kill Garrosh on normal before you are a bad enough dude to save the President on Flex brah.

The higher the required ilevel listed, the worse the person or group who started the raid. It's one of the ten laws of MMOs. (just under "everyone is 12, no exceptions") Seriously, there is no surer sign of a fail ass raid run by retards than some ridiculous gear requirement.

As far as dps concerns, I was at about 100k when I did my first SoO and I'm up around 170k on my third week. I already have weapon, 4 piece, trinkets. Yet I've seen people with mostly flex gear do way higher than that. The gap is just huge.

I've yet to see anyone with equal or lower ilvl out damage me, at least.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, ilvl stat point inflation is ridiculous at this point. Had to switch my Brewmaster to a 2hander because pre-procs my Crit rating was past the cap for white swings dual wielding. Gogo 10H and not giving two shits about stamina/mastery stacking like the 25H Brews have to.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've not been lucky in lfr on the lock, so I only have a staff + 2 piece and iffy trinkets, but I usually do around 120k. I noticed on garrosh when I was doing engineers I'd dip down to 100k but come up in other phases. 20 ilvls is huge. HUGE now.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Gotta kill Garrosh on normal before you are a bad enough dude to save the President on Flex brah.

The higher the required ilevel listed, the worse the person or group who started the raid. It's one of the ten laws of MMOs. (just under "everyone is 12, no exceptions") Seriously, there is no surer sign of a fail ass raid run by retards than some ridiculous gear requirement.

As far as dps concerns, I was at about 100k when I did my first SoO and I'm up around 170k on my third week. I already have weapon, 4 piece, trinkets. Yet I've seen people with mostly flex gear do way higher than that. The gap is just huge.

100k from 496 or from Flex? I keep loading up recount and it shits out on me, so I think I need to check on where my conflict is between recount, oq, elvui, npcscan, and auctioneer. I'm at 3pc for LFR set , double weapons, but only ToT trinkets. I keep doing Sha and hoping for OPTrinket.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just hit 60 last night... fuck Outland quests. I think I'm just going to queue for dungeons until 68.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Step 1, Timeless Isle until 496
Step 2, Heroics until VPs to level all your 496 to 502+
Step 3, Reforge until you have all your stats to optimum (I use Icy Veins, rerun TI if you need alternate stats)
Step 4, ???
Step 5, LFR until 540

Is that about right?

Right now what's holding me back is a ranged weapon greater than 500. Was sticking to guns but don't really care anymore what I use. The first few LFRs dropped worse gear than what I already have (including rerolls).

Can Hunters really do AoE anymore? I'm having a hard time with dailies because a few of them require gathering 30+ honey or what ever; Stuff that's easier with AoE since my cat ends up getting a lot of the kills if I'm not spamming tab to get a hit in.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Spell power is still king for damage. If you're not rocking a 502 or higher weapon you're gonna be stuck under 100k with your average gear being 505.

Frost rotation is very straightforward. Keep up your nether tempest/living bomb, spam frost bolt, cast ice lance when fingers of frost procs (the light blue, icy semi circles indicate this) and frostfire bolt when brain freeze procs (the orange and blue semi circle that shows up above the other two for fingers of frost). There is only one buff you must maintain and that's Evocation (Invoker's Energy). You have to recast it every minute for 100% uptime. I use an addon called Tell Me When (TMW) to remind me to recast it when there's about 5 seconds remaining on the buff. It puts a huge Invoker's Energy icon in the middle of my screen that is semi-translucent between 5-0 seconds remaining, then at 0 seconds it's fully alpha'd.

You have a couple dps cooldowns with alter time and icy veins. Mirror image does give you a little dps but if you're feeling overwhelmed it's not that crucial. Obviously timewarp is your bloodlust. Make sure you caster icy veins and time warp BEFORE alter time for maximum uptime of those buffs (they reset to their remaining duration from when you originally cast alter time).
We booted a Mage from our group recently who had major dps probs. His big issues were keeping up the evocation buff and fully utilizing nether tempest (max uptime and keeping it on all mobs, a lot of multi dot fights in SoO). Hope this helps.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>

MyHunter is iLvl 532. I've been causal in a casual guild and haven't done much but LFR and Timeless Isle. My DPS bursts about 275k-300k (no cloak yet, still working the quest line), and sits in raids around 140k-175 depending on encounter, and most Flex or Normal runs I've seen in Chat require ilvl 540+. I had just assumed you need to pull 200K+ steady to manage those runs. Is this not the case?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Step 3, Reforge until you have all your stats to optimum (I use Icy Veins, rerun TI if you need alternate stats)
Step 4, ???
Step 5, LFR until 540

Is that about right?

Right now what's holding me back is a ranged weapon greater than 500. Was sticking to guns but don't really care anymore what I use. The first few LFRs dropped worse gear than what I already have (including rerolls).

Can Hunters really do AoE anymore? I'm having a hard time with dailies because a few of them require gathering 30+ honey or what ever; Stuff that's easier with AoE since my cat ends up getting a lot of the kills if I'm not spamming tab to get a hit in.
I would do askmrrobot.com instead of Icy Veins

For AOE you need to do surv.

Sterling

El Presidente
Step 4, ???
Step 5, LFR until 540

Is that about right?

Would not waste VP on timeless isle shit upgrades. Also LFR wont get you to 540 since it's 528 gear from the SoO LFRs.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Step 4, ???
Step 5, LFR until 540

Is that about right?

Timeless to 496, LFR ToT+SoS to 500+, LFR SoO to 520+

Always reforge your stats and enchant.