World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Many people cashed in big time on Grand Marshall. We had a circle of grinders. It took a few people to keep the account online and playing 24/7 and you'd make it without too much trouble on certain realms. It was all about staying logged in.

That was the only way to make 2k-3k that I know of. A raid geared account was never worth all that much even back in the day.
My neighbor sold his acct for 3500, but he.was In one of the first few guilds to clear naxx

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I sold a zhardoom warlock during sunwell for 2k probably could have gotten more. Glaive rogue was probably 4-5k

I'll sell mine eventually, when I can be bothered to post it up, around 1 mill gold every class at 110 (2 at 120) all the cutting edge legion achieves and a shackled urzhul are my money makers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rinthea

Trakanon Raider
I sold a zhardoom warlock during sunwell for 2k probably could have gotten more. Glaive rogue was probably 4-5k

I'll sell mine eventually, when I can be bothered to post it up, around 1 mill gold every class at 110 (2 at 120) all the cutting edge legion achieves and a shackled urzhul are my money makers.

Yeah the one I sold was a warlock, good raid gear. But that's all. It was probably the peak of account values though, sold it after our guild fell apart after AQ vanilla going into Naxx.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I remember having some dude offer me 1600 for my full naxx40 paladin once. I probably could have really used the money at the time.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've never understood people buying accounts. That shit gets stolen back by the original owner constantly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rude

Potato del Grande

Would there actually be a market for that? I'd think it'd be cheaper to pay a farming service since every raid tier makes gear prior practically obsolete.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't think you'll get much for accts these days. Cutting edge maybe to the right buyer, but not a mount still in the game

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Urzhul is still a 1% drop, and the gold on the account make it worth about 500-600 comparing it to other accounts being sold. Scarab Lord or high warlord still probably pulls in a big chunk of cash.

Gear has absolutely no value anymore since you replace everything every tier. I sold my necromancer for a good amount during omens of war with epic 1.5 and a prenerf circlet of shadows. I remember using staff of the silent star for a few raids after I got it since the proc was so much dps, I wish gear maintained at least a little value after the next raid drops.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I have a Trinket (it's a toy now) that gives me permanent red ogre illusion on my Orc Shaman, I've only seen one other person with in it since it came out in TBC. It was the Ultimate reward for the WoW TCG card game before they got taken over by Cryptozoic.

I've always wondered if it was worth anything but it's such an obscure thing to try and find prices for.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I have a Trinket (it's a toy now) that gives me permanent red ogre illusion on my Orc Shaman, I've only seen one other person with in it since it came out in TBC. It was the Ultimate reward for the WoW TCG card game before they got taken over by Cryptozoic.

I've always wondered if it was worth anything but it's such an obscure thing to try and find prices for.

The card the illusion comes from, unredeemed, has some auctions on eBay from 100 to 150.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
The card the illusion comes from, unredeemed, has some auctions on eBay from 100 to 150.

That is the shit version 5 minute illusion 30 minute cooldown and it's a different ogre model., This was not a card it was a special promotion and its permanent kind of like a Guise of the deceiver from EQ.

Carved Ogre Idol

Rando website has it at 3 grand.

WoW TCG Loot: Carved Ogre Idol

Last edited by a moderator:

xzi

Mouthbreather
Wouldn't talk about that toy too much you know some devs are lurking they're gonna make that shit 5 minutes and 10 hour cd

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea it's definitely an act. How much of an act? Who can say, because he does seem genuinely disgusting. But he's a pretty savvy streaming personality.

• 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I imagine a Scarab Lord account would still fetch a high price.

Can you transfer a Scarab Lord off server though? If not, then you are kind of advertising that you bought an account. Though I suppose these days know one would know or care.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I love Blizzard's loot specialization. My protection warrior keeps getting nothing but 2 hander rewards from the random caches for Emissaries and Warfronts. My Ret paladin keeps getting nothing but 1 handers and shields....

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've watched some of his Dark Souls videos and he seems genuinely retarded. Is that his stick or something?
He plays up to the chat but honestly he's been kind of annoying since bfa. He's very moody about wow and it's pretty gay. If mcconell wasn't in the background it'd be intolerable

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I love Blizzard's loot specialization. My protection warrior keeps getting nothing but 2 hander rewards from the random caches for Emissaries and Warfronts. My Ret paladin keeps getting nothing but 1 handers and shields....

I was multi-boxing my MM hunters and they all got polearms.

• 1Like