World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm not because it's a fucking retarded cry baby stance to take. If I get what I ordered and some other dude got extra for free why should I be upset? I got exactly what was due to me. If so what other person gets something cool, good for them.

Honestly a bunch if people on this board are crying about shit that doesn't even effect them. There is like 1 guy left progressing in mythic at a reasonable rate. Fuck man, people here are still bitching about heroic dungeons and LFR queueing.

Sounds like a bunch of cry babies to me.
And that 1 guy progressing mythic is an idiot because he can get that gear from LFR.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If you're concerned with the TF system because you're jealous someone else got a TF of an item you need then yea, that's misplaced animosity toward the system. The system sucks in general regardless of what your grey parsing guildmate just got lucky with. A better analogy is going to McDonald's every single day and ordering a 4 piece nugget, which you don't really want, hoping it TFs into a 20 piece super sized value meal, never getting it, and then a better McDonald's opens up next door 4 months later that serves a 10 piece for the same price but now it can TF into a 50 piece super size value meal. You don't give a shit about the 10 piece. The 50 piece is the end goal, but you have no way of getting it directly, there is no purchase option. You just have to hope you get lucky. It exists, it's there, but there's nothing you can do about it but hope. It's stupid.

And then when you combine that idiocy with personal loot, and someone in your raid gets a TF trinket that they will never use because it has shit stats/effects for their class but is BiS for you... and they can't fucking trade it... well. Icing on the cake. If TF wasn't a thing that situation would almost never occur. They would likely have some other item in that slot at the same ilvl unless it's the first week or two of a new brand new tier.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have been itching to play some game again, I am 1/2 tempted to log into this shit but if anyone has any recommendation of a better MMO I am open. I am going to go ham on classic but Blizzard so fucking dogshit slow in getting it together.
Been in the same boat myself. I keep wanting to sub to WoW, pop in with my old guild, and get back to it. Maybe it wouldn't even be that bad, but who knows.

I'm probably going to play FFXIV, but not with the typical FOH folks because... well, I don't think I'm very well liked any more with the MMO crowd because of reasons we all know.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
There was also a time in this game where I liked playing an alt, but now there is no point. Each tier you are handed gear for free that is significantly better than mythic level raid gear from the previous tier, so why would I even bother. I play the alt for like a week and never again until the next tier.

I will never understand why they develop content, then make that content completely irrelevant a few months later. What a complete waste.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It just undermines how the gear treadmill of an MMO is supposed to work man. Plain and simple.

I start the game as a lowly warrior Timmy McDerp. I start derping my through the game killing shit and see Uber Uberstein wielding the epic Smashly Hammer of Greatness. It looks cool, it does something cool, its hard to get, it requires effort and dedication. It is a status symbol of my nolife dedication to derping. It gives me something to work towards so I can be cool and have a massive epeen boner too.

Oh shit I was fucking around killing hogger mostly AFK and he dropped the Gnoll Hammer... it doesn't look cool but its stats are just as good as that badass one. Why do I feel so empty?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
There was also a time in this game where I liked playing an alt, but now there is no point. Each tier you are handed gear for free that is significantly better than mythic level raid gear from the previous tier, so why would I even bother. I play the alt for like a week and never again until the next tier.

I will never understand why they develop content, then make that content completely irrelevant a few months later. What a complete waste.

Their reasoning is the ilevel boost we see is about the minimum needed to have people feel like they are getting upgrades. Less than that you wind up with people getting gear when the new raid starts and it being mostly a side grade and not feeling good because you get new loot and it may not even be useful for you. But the downside to that is every raid tier is basically a full gear reset. The upside though is if you want to play a different character gearing them into whatever the current raid tier is winds up being pretty straight foward.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I'm not because it's a fucking retarded cry baby stance to take. If I get what I ordered and some other dude got extra for free why should I be upset? I got exactly what was due to me. If so what other person gets something cool, good for them.

Honestly a bunch if people on this board are crying about shit that doesn't even effect them. There is like 1 guy left progressing in mythic at a reasonable rate. Fuck man, people here are still bitching about heroic dungeons and LFR queueing.

Sounds like a bunch of cry babies to me.

You know that's not the point though. It's not about bitching because some dude got something extra, it's because there is absolutely no compelling reason for that to even be a thing.

Been in the same boat myself. I keep wanting to sub to WoW, pop in with my old guild, and get back to it. Maybe it wouldn't even be that bad, but who knows.

I'm probably going to play FFXIV, but not with the typical FOH folks because... well, I don't think I'm very well liked any more with the MMO crowd because of reasons we all know.

I had already quit so I missed out on that and thus still like you. If you are still playing over summer when I get out my middle eastern prison, I might be looking to give FFXIV a shot as I have not played it at all yet.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
M+ invalidating all gear except for Mythic raids is a bigger issue than WF/TF.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

How? High M+ is harder than Mythic raiding and only drops loot equal to Heroic. What? Raiding needs to die in its current state. It's a joke and drives every other aspect of the game.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You know that's not the point though. It's not about bitching because some dude got something extra, it's because there is absolutely no compelling reason for that to even be a thing.

I had already quit so I missed out on that and thus still like you. If you are still playing over summer when I get out my middle eastern prison, I might be looking to give FFXIV a shot as I have not played it at all yet.

I'm down with picking up FFXIV this summer. Maybe like August.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
for the record i have not done ANY mythic dungeons in bfa. guild is busy irl and we do our own stuff and i'd rather go with friends than a pickup group, we also raid 2 times a night on normal/heroic. we do decent(alliance, none of us want to go further & "switch sides" to fight jaina(she is on "our" side). most of the raid is sitting around 395-410 gear level. the biggest gripe i have with the expansion is...too many fucking head/shoulder/chest pieces in the fucking expansion. without TRYING i am selling/scrapping several pieces a week. and don't get me started with ooo 10 ilvl upgrade,,, fucking azurite powers suck dick...scrapthat shit not replacing this piece i have already that i been getting. or the fact that i have not been able to upgrade my shield(my last 370 piece) for my shaman...oo boss drops a shield...get ring/other item(or nothing), bonus roll, get the same fucking item...over and over.

Khane

Well... that's the opposite of everyone else's experience with Azerite. Azerite is far too rare, only available in raid and the random emissary reward, and generally is shit to acquire. Uldir had a major problem with only one piece for specific slots dropping in the entire raid. You could go the entire tier without ever seeing it drop. BoD added azerite to every boss which is better but the system still sucks.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How? High M+ is harder than Mythic raiding and only drops loot equal to Heroic. What? Raiding needs to die in its current state. It's a joke and drives every other aspect of the game.

As a lowly heroic raider and 1100+ raiderio, I dont think mythic 10 is harder than heroic raiding. This tier, we were farming M10s the first week it was open. It took us a month+ to finish the raid. Mythic 15+ is probably as difficult as mythic raiding, with M20+ being as hard as Jania, not that it matters, since you dont get higher gear. Hence him saying, M+ invalidates everything but mythic raiding.

Without tier sets, heroic raids feel like they are hardly worth the time to farm. Kill all the bosses once, quit till next tier (other than 1/3 of the raid team wont come back after a 2 month break). You can gear up faster and easier in M+. I guess that is intentional, to incentivise the group to move on to mythic raids. I would rather just quit raiding, than deal with mythic raiding guild drama and 100 wipes on bosses you already saw / hated in heroic ( fuck you Mistress Sassz'ine).

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Bring back 8 piece tier sets, remove gear resets, bring back progression raiding, older content is the gear reset, 1 raid difficulty,

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

As a lowly heroic raider and 1100+ raiderio, I dont think mythic 10 is harder than heroic raiding. This tier, we were farming M10s the first week it was open. It took us a month+ to finish the raid. Mythic 15+ is probably as difficult as mythic raiding, with M20+ being as hard as Jania, not that it matters, since you dont get higher gear. Hence him saying, M+ invalidates everything but mythic raiding.

Without tier sets, heroic raids feel like they are hardly worth the time to farm. Kill all the bosses once, quit till next tier (other than 1/3 of the raid team wont come back after a 2 month break). You can gear up faster and easier in M+. I guess that is intentional, to incentivise the group to move on to mythic raids. I would rather just quit raiding, than deal with mythic raiding guild drama and 100 wipes on bosses you already saw / hated in heroic ( fuck you Mistress Sassz'ine).

Yep, and the reason gear doesn't scale past heroic raid ilvl is because raiders would whine. If M+ gear scaled up to 415 it wouldn't change anything for raiders who don't want to M+ other than them being pissy that someone doing 16+ keys could get gear that's the same base ilvl, even though they still couldn't get Azerite from it.

if people quit raiding because of it that speaks to the problem with raiding itself. Raiding shouldn't die just because M+ drops equivalent gear, it should be a fun enough experience that people do it because they enjoy it. If that isn't the case fix raiding instead of gimping M+ to force the issue. M+ is the perfect example of something that people are doing for the accomplishment. The only reason to push higher than 10 is for a third party scoring system, and plenty of people do it just for that. If the only reason you're raiding is the gear then you probably don't enjoy it and that needs to be fixed. In fact, many people only raid to facilitate pushing higher IO score in M+.

• 1Solidarity

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The thing is, you ordered a McDeluxe meal with extras (Mythic raid), and the guy coming ordered a basic burger and... got a McDeluxe with supersized soda (Emissary titanforge).

And so, you're "why did I spend so much and the guy whipped a dollar bill and got more than me?"

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why are you guys still arguing with this thing.

xzi

Mouthbreather

Not to egg you on, but the current raid is one of the best raids they've had in a while imo.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If by high key you mean 18+, yeah I guess it’s harder than Mythic raider. Anything under that is easier just from the fact you only need 5 good players to do it. M+ has ruined the feeling of gear progression in the game. I can be full heroic ilevel gear in every slot except 3 the day a new season begins, not counting WF/TF. They need to separate the two somewhat from a gear perspective. Maybe M+ sets and raid sets, so some slots go between but your BiS comes from the content you do.

xzi

Mouthbreather
M+ trinkets are more powerful than raiding for like 5 of my 6 specs, which is kind of hilarious.

But whatever, they've shown they don't care at all about gear acquisition. Which is why raider.io is so popular to actually show people have done said content.