World of Warcraft: Current Year

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Good God. Not only do you have to worry about RNG of loot you also have the now balance debuffs along with it!

I wouldn't even want that in a single player game.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It is a shit system, but the above would not really matter in the long run. You can 'cleanse' them at will by going to the Heart.

Okay now it just begs the question. if you can just cleanse the corruption and not have the debuffs buy some minor bullshit tasks. Then why bother with this nonsense at all?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Corrupted sounds retarded, and it's also not sustainable. It sounds like a "M+ affix" kind of deal where they will want to change it up each tier, which is dumb.

Titanforging was stupid and I would be glad to see it go, but this is not what they should replace it with.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
At this rate they're going to pour so much RNG into WoW loot they'll have none left for Diablo 4 and it'll all be fixed-stat, specific-named drops.

Rime

<Donor>
Corrupted is not sustainable. It is for this tier/end of the expansion only. It will only come from the latest season stuff as well.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Okay now it just begs the question. if you can just cleanse the corruption and not have the debuffs buy some minor bullshit tasks. Then why bother with this nonsense at all?

It is so, once you have the base item already, you can be rewarded by continued farming of content. Cleansing it will remove the positive effect as well as the negative.

For example, if you currently have a 445 weapon, and the first one you get is a corrupted 460, you can then go cleanse it, so you can use it full time. On the other hand, if you have been running Mythic for months, everything is already 460, and a 460 tier 3 corrupted item drops that gives a 4% more haste buff, you can then put in your bag, so you dont get yelled at for wiping the raid, with your void zone spawning ass, on farm status bosses...

• 1Worf

Leon

<Silver Donator>
So they succesfully made a system WORSE and more useless than titanforging. I'll be damned, they are really fucking trying

Get rid of it completely or make WF cap at the ilvl of next tier so you never go to the max ilvl in the lowest difficulty raids. This shit ain't hard to understand.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That's the theme of BfA. Make everything worse.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There's a datamined a scaling -corruption aura too, so there's probably going to be something to grind to let you use more corrupt gear at once over time.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Oh I wish I could see peoples faces and hear reactions when the piece someone has been looking for after multiple raids drops, its corrupted and they cant equip it because its going to bump their tier. These devs bro... :trump::trump:

What tier?

xzi

Mouthbreather
There's a datamined a scaling -corruption aura too, so there's probably going to be something to grind to let you use more corrupt gear at once over time.

Yeah that's the whole point of the cloak to get lesser corruption from ALL sources, not just the new content but the items too. It kind of serves a neat purpose to me, this is their argus neck where you become more powerful as the weeks go by.

I just wish blizzard would realize the actual problem everyone has with titanforging is the complete over the top RNG, and this shit is not only RNG for the positive stats but RNG for the negative stats too. I'll wait and see what they do with it because if you can remove the corruption or something it'll be fine (yet pointless), but idk. Guess we'll see, the PTR is still up and being added to.

I really am going to enjoy pugs where people are wearing 4 corrupted items and taking 98% increased damage on a tank though.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that's the whole point of the cloak to get lesser corruption from ALL sources, not just the new content but the items too. It kind of serves a neat purpose to me, this is their argus neck where you become more powerful as the weeks go by.

I just wish blizzard would realize the actual problem everyone has with titanforging is the complete over the top RNG, and this shit is not only RNG for the positive stats but RNG for the negative stats too. I'll wait and see what they do with it because if you can remove the corruption or something it'll be fine (yet pointless), but idk. Guess we'll see, the PTR is still up and being added to.

I really am going to enjoy pugs where people are wearing 4 corrupted items and taking 98% increased damage on a tank though.

No joke. You enjoyed titanforging where gear was at least +gooder and now have to explain to pugs how high ilvl corruption items are not good because corruption auras do this and that. Which is bad. And by bad I mean not good. So don't use it... but they got rid of their old shit and vendored it.

God help your soul.

Daidraco

Dammit Xzi. Get with the program. 20 > 40 > 60

What tier?
They found a way to to add more RNG to the system, it no longer adds ilevel, instead it can roll 1 of 11 bonus effect, each with 3 different tiers.
A worf isn't quite right for this, it's more of a...

giphy.gif

On a positive note, it looks like they found a way to drop Titanforge shenanigans and then, next xpac, they can drop this corruption shit and have normal loot again.

Here are the positives you can get:
Avoidance
  • Tier 1: Your Avoidance is increased by an amount equal to 3% of your Haste.
  • Tier 2: Your Avoidance is increased by an amount equal to 6% of your Haste.
  • Tier 3: Your Avoidance is increased by an amount equal to 10% of your Haste.
Haste
  • Tier 1: Increases the amount of Haste you gain from all sources by 2%.
  • Tier 2: Increases the amount of Haste you gain from all sources by 3%.
  • Tier 3: Increases the amount of Haste you gain from all sources by 4%.
Mastery
  • Tier 1: Increases the amount of Mastery you gain from all sources by 2%.
  • Tier 2: Increases the amount of Mastery you gain from all sources by 3%.
  • Tier 3: Increases the amount of Mastery you gain from all sources by 4%.
Critical Strike
  • Tier 1: Increases the amount of Critical Strike you gain from all sources by 2%.
  • Tier 2: Increases the amount of Critical Strike you gain from all sources by 3%.
  • Tier 3: Increases the amount of Critical Strike you gain from all sources by 4%.
Versatility
  • Tier 1: Increases the amount of Versatility you gain from all sources by 2%.
  • Tier 2: Increases the amount of Versatility you gain from all sources by 3%.
  • Tier 3: Increases the amount of Versatility you gain from all sources by 4%.
Health Regeneration
  • Tier 1: 20% of total Health Regeneration now continues during Combat.
  • Tier 2: 30% of total Health Regeneration now continues during Combat.
  • Tier 3: 40% of total Health Regeneration now continues during Combat.
Healing Received
  • Tier 1: Increases your healing received from all sources by 2%.
  • Tier 2: Increases your healing received from all sources by 4%.
  • Tier 3: Increases your healing received from all sources by 6%.
Leech
  • Tier 1: Increases your Leech by 2%.
  • Tier 2: Increases your Leech by 4%.
  • Tier 3: Increases your Leech by 6%.
Critical Damage
  • Tier 1: Increases the damage you deal with Critical Strikes by 5%.
  • Tier 2: Increases the damage you deal with Critical Strikes by 6%.
  • Tier 3: Increases the damage you deal with Critical Strikes by 7%.
Periodic Damage Effects
  • Tier 1: Reduces your damage taken from periodic effects by 2%.
  • Tier 2: Reduces your damage taken from periodic effects by 4%.
  • Tier 3: Reduces your damage taken from periodic effects by 6%.
Flash of Clarity
  • Tier 3: Your spells and abilities have a chance to grant you a Flash of Clarity, reducing the cooldown of your next 3 spells cast by 2 sec.

Each Tier gives:
  • Tier 1: 5 - 10 Corruption
  • Tier 2 : 12 - 17 Corruption
  • Tier 3: 20 - 25 Corruption
When you equip your first Corrupted piece, you'll start with the Grasping Tendrils (snare) debuff. 1 RPPM.

When you have more than 20 Corruption, you gain the Corrupted Zone (Void Zone) debuff. 1 RPPM.

When you have more than 40 Corruption, you gain the Grand Delusions (trash mob spawns) debuff. 1 RPPM.

When you have more than 60 Corruption, you gain the Creeping Death (healing redux / increased dmg taken) debuff. This debuff is always active.

Max corruption, after reductions from cloak, and what not, might be 100. On PTR, currently, 90 gives 100% runspeed redux, a 16 yard void zone that ticks for 78k, a mob that melees you, and 40% extra dmg taken/reduced healing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just don't get why they have this foundational design philosophy of titanforging/corruptforging and similar shit. The intent is obviously to create a carrot that makes you just want to keep farming the same bosses over and over.

But people did farm the same bosses over and over when they were looking for certain very rare items. Once they got it they were very happy. The hallmark of any MMO. People are cool farming the same raid for X item. Farming X item in 10 different ways is fucking dumb though and people hate that shit.

Daidraco

Just reminds me of any looter shooter with a random affix on the so called "Legendary" weapons/armor.

Honestly, I wouldnt mind if they turned "titan forging" into just a socket. But the gems that go in them have to be marginal increases, like +5 instead of +120 for example. So congrats player, you have been lucky enough to get a socket on every piece of gear in every slot! You do an additional 1% damage! Something thats insignificant in the grand scheme, but a nice pat on the back for the tank thats fully equipped and running this same f'n raid the umpteenth time to get little Timmy his shiny.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just give me back the two-step item upgrade system and have warforge/titanforge be free upgrade steps. Same end point, less grinding if you're lucky.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I just don't get why they have this foundational design philosophy of titanforging/corruptforging and similar shit. The intent is obviously to create a carrot that makes you just want to keep farming the same bosses over and over.

But people did farm the same bosses over and over when they were looking for certain very rare items. Once they got it they were very happy. The hallmark of any MMO. People are cool farming the same raid for X item. Farming X item in 10 different ways is fucking dumb though and people hate that shit.

It just seems weird.

Archimonde ring, and Argus trinket.. where you were guaranteed an upgrade every single week until it was capped is also a carrot on a stick, and you have a very large window to not miss a kill that week. They were direct power gains, and they required you to play for at least 10 weeks. I don't know why they don't just do shit like that instead.

No matter what they do people will complain but ugh

• 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Also your cloak and essences let you negate corruption too. I believe that by the end of the expansion people are just going to be one big blob of tentacles and be doing crazy damage with this stuff. I think for what we are doing and it only lasting one tier and not something they are carrying forward its probably fine.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Also your cloak and essences let you negate corruption too. I believe that by the end of the expansion people are just going to be one big blob of tentacles and be doing crazy damage with this stuff. I think for what we are doing and it only lasting one tier and not something they are carrying forward its probably fine.

Yeah that's what I'm waiting on, corruption is gonna maybe be neat but it just depends how much the cloak/etc affects it.

Honestly I'm more worried about it being cool as fuck and then being removed in 6 months.