World of Warcraft: Current Year

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
WQ's don't even completely function on a daily fucking schedule but people insist on calling them dailies. Emissary missions are the closest thing to a daily when it comes to them.

Also:

Not stationary to a location closely linked to an actual faction and its story/lore
Does not completely reset on a daily basis. Additional ones pop up throughout the day.
Does not unlock further tiers of quests as you progress through them
Not related or tied to the quests you did while levelling
Are full of random nonsensical bullshit meant to provide fake variety
Has no effect on the zone as some dailies did
Only a tiny handful involve interacting with an NPC at all
Etc... Etc...

They're vastly inferior to old style daily quests in every way other than being targeted towards people with ADHD.

There are many differences but people can't get past the fucking idea that there are differences between the two... OK... Whatever

Some actually are tied to quests you might have done while leveling. Certain WQ's do not show up unless you have completed certain quests/quest chains. Certain amounts were on 24 hour (number seems significant) respawn timers at 11am/7pm/11pm/3am EST.

Basically dailies, Dom just freaking out over "daily" term like Chuk does any ethnic or female casting choice.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Basically dailies, Dom just freaking out over "daily" term like Chuk does any ethnic or female casting choice.

This is nonsense. I didn't give a shit about people calling WQ's dailies until Khane decided to use his error as a way to blame me for it, and people decided to start piling onto it. It's a stupid irrelevant argument and nobody is going to change their mind about it, but I'm going to be damned if people decide to use their (incorrect) definition of it to try to prove me wrong about something.

xzi

Mouthbreather
some neckbeard and some 11 year old started yelling free hong kong lmao

way to protest by giving blizzard more money

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is nonsense. I didn't give a shit about people calling WQ's dailies until Khane decided to use his error as a way to blame me for it, and people decided to start piling onto it. It's a stupid irrelevant argument and nobody is going to change their mind about it, but I'm going to be damned if people decide to use their (incorrect) definition of it to try to prove me wrong about something.

Everyone is wrong except you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Someone was asking yesterday about if DK's/DH's would start at level 1 with the new levelling system. Apparently it's been confirmed that they will.

If they're going to spit you out in to the world at level one I'd sure like all the other elves to be able to be demon hunters as well.

Merrith

Except it isn't incorrect. I didn't care enough to read all of your guys' back and forth to know who did what where in that whole mess, but the idea that WQ aren't just dailies wrapped in a shinier package is just wrong. Now if you're trying to be a stickler for the most minor changes ever, it would basically be like thinking we can't even call current quests "quests" because they have the added quest helper elements that have been added to the game over the years.

• 1Solidarity

Nola

Trakanon Raider
some neckbeard and some 11 year old started yelling free hong kong lmao

way to protest by giving blizzard more money
Yesh just saw that. I bet that little kid doesn't even know why he's yelling that. Just bandwagoning cause it's the cool thing to do.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Except it isn't incorrect. I didn't care enough to read all of your guys' back and forth to know who did what where in that whole mess, but the idea that WQ aren't just dailies wrapped in a shinier package is just wrong. Now if you're trying to be a stickler for the most minor changes ever, it would basically be like thinking we can't even call current quests "quests" because they have the added quest helper elements that have been added to the game over the years.

They're not even wrapped in a shinier package, they're wrapped in a crumpled dull package and are gutted versions of what daily quests were. Not only are they not named the same fucking thing, but they are fundamentally not the same thing. The only connection between the two is that they: provide rep, and are repeatable quests. That's it.

Even if you still want to call them dailies (I really don't care) you have to admit that there are significant enough differences and enough time has passed to not be surprised when someone takes someone talking about dailies as talking about when there were actual fucking daily quests, and not what they have decided to arbitrarily call daily quests.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Even if you still want to call them dailies (I really don't care)

giphy.gif

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Even if you still want to call them dailies (I really don't care) you have to admit that there are significant enough differences and enough time has passed to not be surprised when someone takes someone talking about dailies as talking about when there were actual fucking daily quests, and not what they have decided to arbitrarily call daily quests.

No, there aren't significant enough differences. While I agree some of the earliest versions like Netherwing rep stuff didn't have rewards directly tied to main story/progression, we're still talking about quests that are mostly on 24 hour cycles that give rep/rewards, sometimes involve phasing, and at times are tied directly to quests you did previously. Shiner, duller...well, they probably hope it's a shinier wrapper while everyone finds them duller b/c they know they're trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes...semantics at best.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Debating if Daily Quests and World Quests are the same thing is possibly the most autistic thing I've seen

They are the same thing. Nobody gives a shit if the tech was updated so it's not the same 24 hour cycle for all of them or if they removed the daily limit etc... except Dom.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Debating if Daily Quests and World Quests are the same thing is possibly the most autistic thing I've seen

They are the same thing. Nobody gives a shit if the tech was updated so it's not the same 24 hour cycle fpr all of them or if they removed the daily limit etc... except Dom.

Which dailies are you talking about? Old dailies, world quests, daily heroics, mission table quests, emissaries, or island missions? Since people are now just using the word to mean whatever the fuck they want it to mean based on slim connections, you'll need to be more specific.

• 2Picard