World of Warcraft: Current Year

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The reason I asked is because none have been optional. You needed them to unlock even your order hall progression (Legion) and the war story advancement (BfA). I already outlined in a previous post all the reasons they were mandatory, because of EVERYTHING being gated behind rep, and those being the only source of it at max level. If you thought they were optional it was probably because you hit max level and moved on to a new character, they were absolutely mandatory to progress a main for anything. Including unlocking certain max level dungeons.

So what you're talking about is WQ's, not dailies. Fair enough, but what related to raiding was locked behind the order halls or the war campaign? From what I recall the artifact progress wasn't locked behind the order halls, and I have no clue about the war campaign. Note that it's hard as fuck to know what was locked behind either due to Blizzard's handling of catch up mechanics skipping latecomers ahead past shit that used to be gated.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
First WQs ARE dailies. So now you just want to shift the goalposts?

Second, your artifact and AK were both directly tied to your order hall progression. Being able to equip two legendaries was directly tied to your order hall progression. You could not get enough order hall resources to do anything without doing WQs that awarded them. Much later on they added the ability to trade bloods for OH resources, but that was not the case for a long time. For both Broken Shore and Argus many things for the new order hall upgrades were gated behind rep. Which you could not get without doing specific WQs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
First WQs ARE dailies. So now you just want to shift the goalposts?

No, this is you shifting goalposts. Dailies were dailies, that they morphed into WQ's does not make WQ's dailies. I was responding specifically about dailies, which stopped being a thing in WoD. My post was about the idea that the things like rep enchants were mandatory, which a lot of people bitched and cried about back then.

Second, your artifact and AK were both directly tied to your order hall progression. Being able to equip two legendaries was directly tied to your order hall progression. You could not get enough order hall resources to do anything without doing WQs that awarded them. Much later on they added the ability to trade bloods for OH resources, but that was not the case for a long time. For both Broken Shore and Argus many things for the new order hall upgrades were gated behind rep. Which you could not get without doing specific WQs.

I'll agree with you about the second legendary, that was most certainly mandatory. The upgrades beyond that though were not useful for raiding at all except for maybe the double AP chance, but the AP shit was a problem in of itself, which tainted the rest of the game with its shit. WQ's themselves were not the problem.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm levelling an alt and 100-110 is pretty fun as you get a significant talent every 2 levels, I've now hit 112 and it's dogshit in BfA that you get nothing at all for levelling up. So they gotta do something.

It's a Demon Hunter so I didn't do 1-100 but since they deleted the progression models from all previous expansions I assume that's must like BfA levelling with maybe a new ability every 5 levels?

I don't know who at Blizzard hates talent trees but a giant circular tree you can put 120 points into like in PoE would be amazing.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know who at Blizzard hates talent trees but a giant circular tree you can put 120 points into like in PoE would be amazing.

Fuuuuuuuuuck that. Why can't we just realize that talents were a stupid concept to begin with, as there is no way to balance choice. Everything just ends up having a flavor unless you make it so minor that it's not interesting.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dom I think it's a little crazy to not think of WQ's as dailies. Admittedly, I liked they way they were implemented in Legion far better, but maybe that was just because I came in so late and had to play catch up with reps to open up flying and everything. Also I think BFA's were just worse than Legion's. But either way, they're daily activities you were logging in to do for rewards that on some level were tied to progression.

Khane

No, this is you shifting goalposts. Dailies were dailies, that they morphed into WQ's does not make WQ's dailies. I was responding specifically about dailies, which stopped being a thing in WoD. My post was about the idea that the things like rep enchants were mandatory, which a lot of people bitched and cried about back then.

I'll agree with you about the second legendary, that was most certainly mandatory. The upgrades beyond that though were not useful for raiding at all except for maybe the double AP chance, but the AP shit was a problem in of itself, which tainted the rest of the game with its shit. WQ's themselves were not the problem.

So WQs (which are dailies) are not the problem. The fact that they are indeed mandatory is the problem. Agreed. Glad we could come to terms with the fact that they are mandatory, and as a result, because you can only do a set amount per day and have to log in every single day to remain relevant and progress your character, makes them shit.

• 1Truth!

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Blizzard confirmed class changes will be less extensive than what we had in Legion. Basically they're just bringing some abilities to be core class abilities, like totems and auras, and some old favorite abilities

The Tower of the Damned looks potentially pretty cool. But Islands and Warfronts sounded cool in theory, too.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So WQs (which are dailies) are not the problem. The fact that they are indeed mandatory is the problem. Agreed. Glad we could come to terms with the fact that they are mandatory, and as a result, because you can only do a set amount per day and have to log in every single day to remain relevant and progress your character, makes them shit.

They haven't been called dailies for 6 years. Calling them dailies at this point is just stupid and confusing. And again, other than extreme cases like the dual legenaries, they're voluntary when it comes to completely min-maxing progression. If your guild was struggling so hard on content that a single AP rank was going to make the difference, then you were either shit or at the top end of progression, and my original point stands: Tough shit. Play more, git gud. Nobody is forcing you to poopsock this shit other than yourself. Stop chasing the top end, relax a bit, and enjoy the game instead of forcing yourself to do content that you don't like to the point it becomes something to whine about.

• 1Picard

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Summary of the last few pages for those who are too lazy to read:

yall-got-any-5b9107.jpg

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
They haven't been called dailies for 6 years. Calling them dailies at this point is just stupid and confusing. And again, other than extreme cases like the dual legenaries, they're voluntary when it comes to completely min-maxing progression. If your guild was struggling so hard on content that a single AP rank was going to make the difference, then you were either shit or at the top end of progression, and my original point stands: Tough shit. Play more, git gud. Nobody is forcing you to poopsock this shit other than yourself. Stop chasing the top end, relax a bit, and enjoy the game instead of forcing yourself to do content that you don't like to the point it becomes something to whine about.

What the fuck are you talking about. Mythic content this tier was tuned so tight you absolutely needed to farm ap for passive slots, have the proper essences leveled up for said slots on top of farming pearls for benthics for dps upgrades.

All this shit is gated behind rep, ap and pearls which are all behind WQs AND dailies (mechagon shit)

Even people not top 10 world prog had to do those things or fall behind badly in dps on the tough checks like Ashvane.

Not being at the top of progression didn't mean you were exempt form farming this shit to stay relevant. The difference between 1 2 and 3 passive slots is massive in dps, and your ass sure as fuck is getting benched if disability Timmy finished his grind and pulled 4K more dps than you lazy ass taking it easy not farming dailies every day.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
What the fuck are you talking about. Mythic content this tier was tuned so tight you absolutely needed to farm ap for passive slots, have the proper essences leveled up for said slots on top of farming pearls for benthics for dps upgrades.

All this shit is gated behind rep, ap and pearls which are all behind WQs AND dailies (mechagon shit)

Even people not top 10 world prog had to do those things or fall behind badly in dps on the tough checks like Ashvane.

Not being at the top of progression didn't mean you were exempt form farming this shit to stay relevant. The difference between 1 2 and 3 passive slots is massive in dps, and your ass sure as fuck is getting benched if disability Timmy finished his grind and pulled 4K more dps than you lazy ass taking it easy not farming dailies every day.

So, you're choosing to do the hardest content in the game and yet complaining when you need to work harder than other people to progress at it? What exactly is the problem here?

People bitched and complained that they didn't have a game mode that was hard enough so they could not be held back by shittier players, and when they got it all they have done is bitch and cry about how it's tuned too hard, or requires too much work, while trying to chase the progress of better players that just sack up and do it.

Nobody is ever fucking satisfied, but by god damn, entire systems in the game better be changed to suit them!

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If anyone ever wanted to know why Blizzard has a hard-on for shit that makes people feel forced to log on every day to do things, you only need to look at these sort of players. They can't help but feel that they NEED to do this shit, so they do it, and then Blizzard looks at it and sees that they're easily capable to getting people to log on every single day to do this shit, and so they design the entire game around it.

Stop chasing the fucking carrot and learn to find your own pace.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Okay but people that want to raid mythic absolutely need to do AP world quests and islands or they're wasting 19 other peoples time. Players don't FEEL like they need to do it, they absolutely have to do it to kill more than like 3 bosses in mythic.

Find your own pace all you want but your pace isn't killing the hardest content if you don't want to do the rest of that shit. However that's why I just stopped raiding at the highest level because I just can't be bothered. And I'm bored as fuck of the game because of it.

Khane

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You couldn't even get enough Azerite Power to unlock your fucking traits if you weren't doing WQs day in and day out in BfA. Just stop bud. You're wrong.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You couldn't even get enough Azerite Power to unlock your fucking traits if you weren't doing WQs day in and day out in BfA. Just stop bud. You're wrong.

I'm sorry you had to play the game in the manner required for you to achieve what you elected to do, only to then blame Blizzard for your own choice instead of recognizing that the only mandatory aspect of it was one you chose.

Endless fucking whining from people such as yourself that game isn't quite the right flavour for you is the reason WoW is so fucking segmented and chaotic in its design now. Learn to eat your fucking porridge, Goldilocks, or choose a meal more suitable to your tastes.

Khane

Dom, if you choose to do nothing but get to 120, see the story, and then de-activate then fine. But for anyone who wants to do anything remotely difficult and actually play the game and advance their character for more than 10 hours WQs are necessary.

But keep being a self loathing gamer. I love people like you posting on these forums given the history here, acting like anyone who wants to participate in end game and play at a decent level is a basement dwelling mouth breather. There are certain things you have to do in order to not be dead weight and waste the time of everyone else also in your groups. When you farm up a piece of gear and are then required to spend 20 days doing chores just so you can use it, Blizzard can fuck off. And so can anyone who is an apologist for such a system. Like you.

The funniest bit in your argument is you realize it's garbage, which is why you chose not to do them. And then act like nobody "needs" to do it as a justification for keeping a system, that nobody wants to participate in, in the game.

xzi

Mouthbreather
tbf they did pretty much fix azerite, but it was still allowed to go on for a year first

Khane

But that's the problem in itself. They introduce those systems, and use WQs as the gateway on purpose. They did it in Legion, they did it again in BfA, and they'll likely do it again in Shadowlands.