World of Warcraft: Current Year

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The new/old AV is both awesome and confusing. Back in the day the old AV was probably one of the most fun things I did in WoW. I loved the endless battle, the ebbing and flowing of the tide of battle, the exhilaration if you actually did see a win in a match and the endless honor. Loved it, though I know many didn't. This felt slightly similar, at least better than the regular AV, in that at least there was a good ebb and flow of the battle, but there was also lots of confusion, and people just not knowing wtf to do. But it did mean I want to play Classic again and get my char up to 60 before Classic AV opens up. God I'd just spend all my spare time in there.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
The new/old AV is both awesome and confusing. Back in the day the old AV was probably one of the most fun things I did in WoW. I loved the endless battle, the ebbing and flowing of the tide of battle, the exhilaration if you actually did see a win in a match and the endless honor. Loved it, though I know many didn't. This felt slightly similar, at least better than the regular AV, in that at least there was a good ebb and flow of the battle, but there was also lots of confusion, and people just not knowing wtf to do. But it did mean I want to play Classic again and get my char up to 60 before Classic AV opens up. God I'd just spend all my spare time in there.

They should have made it that the 10 Tokens for winning counts towards the 200 for the achievement. So playing the BG properly gets you somewhere. I played 5 matches just racing to tame wolves and collect crates before the opposite faction was at our doorstep. Quitting, eating the 15 minutes debuff, repeat. Because quitting and 15 minutes penalty was way faster than waiting for our defeat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
^Pretty much how most people just after the mount are doing.

It results in lots of joining losing matches, pissed off PVPers, and insanely lopsided victories.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, they really should have just made the reward from winning once, which is more than enough of a feat.

Them adding repeatable quests to get badges was so fucking stupid, for the sake of the BG. I was having fun in AV but it was really like 15v15 while the rest of the entire game were clearing mines and shit, it's so dumb.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah, they really should have just made the reward from winning once, which is more than enough of a feat.

Them adding repeatable quests to get badges was so fucking stupid, for the sake of the BG. I was having fun in AV but it was really like 15v15 while the rest of the entire game were clearing mines and shit, it's so dumb.
Doing the side stuff is an authentic OG AV experience though. Had to summon the random troops by doing pve gathering.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
For the anniversary bosses, when does the loot for them reset? Could I get loot from Kazzak and Azuregos every day or are all six once per week?

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
The northrend section is like stabbing your dick with a red hot poker. FFS, people have to do the Heigen dance and Defile...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Safety Dance + the LK mechanics without death is pulling teeth with a pug. And this is with the higher geared primaries, as opposed to alts and casuals later. I dunno who thought this was a good plan.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
The northrend section is like stabbing your dick with a red hot poker. FFS, people have to do the Heigen dance and Defile...

I'm just joining a friends guild to do it tomorrow, but holy fuck I've tried so many times today and yesterday. I don't know how much more clear I can fucking make the heigan dance for these braindead retard fuckheads.

I made a macro spamming STACK ON ME and had a mark on my head so people could literally just do nothing at all except stand on top of me the entire fight and STILL 70% of the raid dead, 5 times in a row. I don't know if there was just a paint chip eating marathon happening that I missed the last few years or what but it's unbelievable how horrible people are at this videogame. I'll give you one, maybe two deaths - but if you can't figure out that you have to fucking walk slightly to the right and slightly to the left once then you should probably actually literally kill yourself. Go play classic where the hardest boss mechanic is not falling asleep drooling on your own fat hairy stomach.

LFR ever being introduced was a mistake

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm just joining a friends guild to do it tomorrow, but holy fuck I've tried so many times today and yesterday. I don't know how much more clear I can fucking make the heigan dance for these braindead retard fuckheads.

I made a macro spamming STACK ON ME and had a mark on my head so people could literally just do nothing at all except stand on top of me the entire fight and STILL 70% of the raid dead, 5 times in a row. I don't know if there was just a paint chip eating marathon happening that I missed the last few years or what but it's unbelievable how horrible people are at this videogame. I'll give you one, maybe two deaths - but if you can't figure out that you have to fucking walk slightly to the right and slightly to the left once then you should probably actually literally kill yourself. Go play classic where the hardest boss mechanic is not falling asleep drooling on your own fat hairy stomach.

LFR ever being introduced was a mistake

If they actually had Naxx 40 available in Classic already they'd be able to do all that weak shit easily

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Automatic matchmaking is generally terrible in every game it's ever been implemented in. Of course, for some unknown reason, people equate that to a simple LFG tool that makes it easier to form your own groups.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
LFD and LFR are completely fine for the audience they serve (casuals).

Any serious content requires the actual LFG tool.

Fucker

Log Wizard
But I agree LFR is the worst. Still kind of against LFD even, but I know QoL demands some sacrifices.

Wipes are common. Amazing to see a 415+ character not punching out 10k dps. Also: frequent wipes. I might have also almost forgot to mention the frequent wipes. Most of these fuckers would wipe on Fippy Darkpaw.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1573304775381.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
WELL

Stealing and polishing is the Blizzard business model. They tend to suck ass when they actually have to come up with their own shit.

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

What the fuck is Alods online? Anyways, pretty weak to claim they ripped that off, considering most of the base designs have been in WoW/Blizzard games for over a decade

1) The Blue People look like the Titans models that have been in the game since early 2000s
2) 0 context for the back design shit...are the ones on the right NPCs? Bone wings, fairy wings, and angel wings aren't exactly unique concepts. I mean shit, the bone wings on the left are more Kerrigan than anything.
3) the landscape photos look nothing alike beyond colors used in the last one, which is just luminescent. I mean fuck, you could claim that Alloods or whatever ripped off Zangermarsh from TBC

Looks less like a meme and more like a stealth marketing campaign to have people check out a no-name MMO lol

Last edited: