World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea that's the most dubious aspect of any new information they release nowadays. Can you trust what Ion is saying? Probably not. It's usually a lot of fluffed up bullshit with no real substance when whatever system he's been trying to sell us on finally gets released.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I don't trust what he says simply because I don't think he's the one making the real decisions anymore. Those are in activision's hands.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm sure decisions like trying to make everyone log in every day are not his to make. But I'm also sure all the decisions to try to "beat" the bleeding edge players and all the systems that get changed/gutted/screwed because of it are directly his.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Bliz has always caused tons of problems by balancing around the top 1% of the playerbase. In all their games. Don't expect that to go away or anything.

Even Riot is usually way better about it. Which really says a lot.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm sure decisions like trying to make everyone log in every day are not his to make. But I'm also sure all the decisions to try to "beat" the bleeding edge players and all the systems that get changed/gutted/screwed because of it are directly his.

If Activision wants Blizzard to focus on shit like E-Sports/Streamers, then catering to the bleeding edge is a natural side-effect of that focus. Ion (historically a top-end player) is selected to head the helm at a time where things like M+ and MDI becomes a large focus and Mythic raiding reportedly becomes as hardcore as ever. He also pushes forward a ton of RNG reliant systems, which reeks of being told to try to tap into mobile style engagement.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Gonna LMAO when Sylvanas gets pk'd by Arthas again in Shadowlands
I think every fan's favorite game for the next year is going to be "in which realm is X?", where X is your favorite dead character.

Except for the last or last two expansions, since that's apparently when everyone went straight to the Maw instead of being judged by the sorting hat... sorry, the Arbiter (Arbitress? They use "she" when referring to it). So Arthas is probably locked in Revendreth, while Gul'dan was almost certainly shucked in the Maw... but what of old Varian 'Logosh' Wrynn? Before or after?

(givent the indomitable unbreakable will hinted... if he escaped being sucked into the Maw, he's a Necrolord now. 90% sure)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think every fan's favorite game for the next year is going to be "in which realm is X?", where X is your favorite dead character.

Except for the last or last two expansions, since that's apparently when everyone went straight to the Maw instead of being judged by the sorting hat... sorry, the Arbiter (Arbitress? They use "she" when referring to it). So Arthas is probably locked in Revendreth, while Gul'dan was almost certainly shucked in the Maw... but what of old Varian 'Logosh' Wrynn? Before or after?

(givent the indomitable unbreakable will hinted... if he escaped being sucked into the Maw, he's a Necrolord now. 90% sure)

Necrolords and Vampires are the coop covenants.

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's the thing, I can't decide if those chains are connected to his armor or if he's on a big gnalry throne with chains on it

also that crown is very lich-kingy, maybe that's the true voice that the lich kings keep hearing in the crown?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They can cater to whoever they want as long as they aren't trying to manipulate me to log in once per day every day and do a series of chores with the incentives being a combination of intermittent rewards (titanforging) like a rat in a Skinner Box and a fear of falling behind or missing out. That shit always drives me away after a month or two.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The raids required to get the anniversary mount are simple and fast enough. You fight every a boss from each raid for a little bit, one after another. Super easy. I wouldn't recommend queueing for it as it's bugged and the wait times are 1+hour. Find a custom group for them.

Edit: Except when you fight Arthas and defile nukes the entire raid and you have to redo the whole bunch of them

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
vcxdq6462qw31.png

• 7Worf
  • 5Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 12 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Just a PSA for anyone that still needs rep, or even leveling, you get a token in mail that buffs your rep/xp by 15% for duration of Anniversary.

Good timing for me as I'm about to hit 120 on druid.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong with Veng DH, but felt slow and sluggish 112-120, shit just took forever to die. Not fun at all. Druid is a complete breeze, just like Legion. Easy to complete kill/collection quests in 1-2 pulls lol.

I'll likely just stick with druid for BFA stuff, I don't think I could stand leveling another character through BFA anytime soon. Which is funny, Legion felt like it took longer 100-110, but was actually fun to level/quest through multiple times (I had 9 110's by the time I was done with Legion)

Molten Core Raider
Leveling in BfA has felt horrible. By this time in legion i had one of every class max level but mage, and was actively doing 15ish keys on 5 different characters. I dont even log on to do my weekly m+ run and I LOVE(d) the m+ concept, and cant bring myself to level another character. It just feels meh, cant seem to find motivation.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Arthas is going to be in The Maw.

Bastion seems like Human/Dwarf/Gnome/High Elf/Draenai Heaven and Ardenweald seems like Night Elf/Troll/Tauren Heaven.

Then if you are going to hell, violent types are going to Maldraxxus (I assume a lot of Orcs there and Scourge) and perverse types are going to Revendreth (I assume lots of Old God and Legion followers). With the worst of the worst going to The Maw.

I think Varian in Maldraxxus is a good guess as he would have caused a lot of death with his wars.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just a PSA for anyone that still needs rep, or even leveling, you get a token in mail that buffs your rep/xp by 15% for duration of Anniversary.

Good timing for me as I'm about to hit 120 on druid.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong with Veng DH, but felt slow and sluggish 112-120, shit just took forever to die. Not fun at all. Druid is a complete breeze, just like Legion. Easy to complete kill/collection quests in 1-2 pulls lol.

I'll likely just stick with druid for BFA stuff, I don't think I could stand leveling another character through BFA anytime soon. Which is funny, Legion felt like it took longer 100-110, but was actually fun to level/quest through multiple times (I had 9 110's by the time I was done with Legion)

They nerfed tank damage in to the ground with BFA.

Just wait until Timewalking events to level your alts. I throw on full heirlooms and queue up as a non dps role, and usually get 1 level a dungeon. Depending on the TW event, that could be 1 level every 20 minutes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Speaking of timewalking, apparently the original AV is on for the duration of the event as well.

If that's true, I'm gonna be a happy mofo. Was really disappointed they decided to go with the shit version in Classic.