World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just gonna spend the later half of this expansion playing non-meta fun specs and making the most of it. Doing ENH atm, it's a shame it's so useless because it's actually pretty damn fun.

ENH feels really fun and unless you are doing mythic raids is more than fine it is just that the RNG goes from doing fine but not amazing DPS to OMG HAHAHAHAHA if you get a long streak of storm strike procs so it just swings a lot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yay Time Gated shit with no catch up mechanic. Fucking baller. A+ would suck Blizzard dick again.

The gate is effectively a catch up mechanic since non-max cloaks can get multiple upgrades a week. I’m not a fan of time gate but not having to grind for 3+ Horrific Visions keys a week is pretty fucking welcome.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would have to see it in play but if that works like I think it will the time gating probably works to your advantage so you can at least get caught back up to where you "should be" reasonably. Also helps if you did enough to earn your key for the week but for some reason did not have time to actually do the horrific vision it does not mean you are permanently behind a week with nothing you can do about it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I just came back after taking a break from late into Uldir and been enjoying my warrior and trying to unlock flying. But I unlocked Zandalari Troll and paid to race change and these bastards have a 30% off on character services going on.

I guess I am looking forward to trying out the horrific visions solo and seeing how far I can get as it seems like they are, to me, a pseudo mage tower. Of course they'll get easier as you level up the vision talents/legendary cloak, but it looks like it provide a good challenge.

If you JUST bought it right before sale went up, you can usually message blizzard and ask them if they can knock the price off or reimburse you. Sometimes they're not cunts about it.

Yay Time Gated shit with no catch up mechanic. Fucking baller. A+ would suck Blizzard dick again.

There is a catchup though.

If you’re not caught up with the maximum available level of the cloak, whether that’s due to missing a few Horrific Visions at some point, or switching characters, or joining Visions of N’Zoth much later than most players, you’ll be able to complete all of the prior weeks’ quests in sequence, until you’re fully caught up.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
By the end of this patch cycle they will likely trivialize most of the grind. I'm not worried about the cloak in the future, but I am worried about Essence now.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
By the end of this patch cycle they will likely trivialize most of the grind. I'm not worried about the cloak in the future, but I am worried about Essence now.

Ion confirmed in an interview they don't have any 8.3.5. plans, I wouldn't hold my horses for anything more than maintenance hotfixes. Assuming they will is like assuming they'll trivialize essence acquisition by the end of this cycle patch.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ion confirmed in an interview they don't have any 8.3.5. plans, I wouldn't hold my horses for anything more than maintenance hotfixes. Assuming they will is like assuming they'll trivialize essence acquisition by the end of this cycle patch.

I think they will also trivialize Essence acquisition, I just wish they would do it now. My reason for not caring about the cloak is that the expansion will nearly be over and they typically trivialize shit by the end, when it doesn't matter. My guess is they will do what they did with the Mage Tower, where getting it is a joke by the end(unless you were a tank).

I suppose it also depends what you consider trivializing. To me, making shit not require several weeks of lock-outs or Exalted rep is trivializing.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Trivializing essence gain on the last patch of the expac is pants on head retarded. No one will give a fuck about essences in pre shadowland patch / shadowland.

That shit is months overdue. it shouldn't have released the way it did, fuck that shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
The ship of the Horde not attracting all the weebs and weirdos sailed away with Blood Elves.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
What a tedious quest line to get the cloak.

At least I am done upgrading it now!

ps: Wrathion stole the hubcaps off my Deathwheel.

Rime

<Donor>
Yeah. Questline takes two-three hours to get. That is ridiculous. The 'skip' for alts better be substantial.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I enjoy it. Usually they start massive plot points and make a 5 minute quest for it and call it a day until next patch.

Also vulpera are right at home in the horde, they're little beast fuckers. I just wish we could remove blood elves completely.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If it wasn't such a thing that you had to get it done day 1 or potentially fall behind (unless the catch up is that good?), it would be better. I enjoyed the quests for what they were.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I just got the offhand warglaive to drop on my DH and was excited to transmog it tomorrow, but I guess I still have to complete the set AND THEN wait for Black Temple timewalking to come back around again? Because reasons?

warning, potential fun detected

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I feel like this patch is already off to a boring start. These Assault zones are not very fun. I thought the activities and WQs in Mechagon and especially Nazjatar were pretty fun.

The rares quest is even more annoying than the Mechagon one and for less reward.

• 1Solidarity

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
As long as they shift everything to Shadowlands, I'm okay with it being boring.

Hopefully this is the smallest content drought we get and 9.0 hits sometime in August/September