World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I wouldnt be surprised if they made you have one character at least level 90 in order to use the "boost".
I would since they specifically said at Blizzcon that it was for people getting their friends to play the game and dive right into WoD with them instead of having to power level them up or whatever.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I would since they specifically said at Blizzcon that it was for people getting their friends to play the game and dive right into WoD with them instead of having to power level them up or whatever.
They want to bring back people who maybe haven't played in an expansion or three and are turned off by the idea of slogging through old content.

Also, it's a nice gift to people who are sick of their current class and want an easy change. Like anyone who continued to suffer through playing a Mage.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
They've said over and over they won't share rep because.. uh.. immersion or continuity or somesuch whaargarble.

Hell, I wept tears of joy when I realized all my mounts were shared. The legacy system in TOR shits all over wow in a lot of other ways though. Shared rep, shared perks etc. And some weird incomprehensible system for sharing store-bought shit across characters (for another fee). It reinforces the idea that you are meant to play through different classes storylines without getting punched in the dick for doing so. (except fuck doing all those filler quests again)

Now, a game that truly needs shared rep is fucking Rift. Because fuck those reputation grinds.
They lost atleast one sub (mine) by not allowing rep to be shared. Fuck grinding that shit out on everything. Until they change rep, they can eat my ass instead of getting my 15 bucks a month.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They lost atleast one sub (mine) by not allowing rep to be shared. Fuck grinding that shit out on everything. Until they change rep, they can eat my ass instead of getting my 15 bucks a month.
They haven't added "mandatory" rep since 5.0. 5.1 had valor gear locked behind rep but it was a 7 ilevel upgrade over 5.0 valor gear.

Edit: I stand corrected - 5.2 had the raid rep required for valor gear. Meh. They've stated going forward they don't like the idea of gear being gated behind rep, or at least not rep that is chiefly attained through dailies.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
They haven't added "mandatory" rep since 5.0. 5.1 had valor gear locked behind rep but it was a 7 ilevel upgrade over 5.0 valor gear.

Edit: I stand corrected - 5.2 had the raid rep required for valor gear. Meh. They've stated going forward they don't like the idea of gear being gated behind rep, or at least not rep that is chiefly attained through dailies.
To be honest, the rep shit turned me off during cataclysm and made me quit. I then tried getting into MoP but i just couldnt and that was, in large part, due to me seeing rep grinds here and there and remembering how much i hated it during the previous xpack.

Krowbar

Molten Core Raider
They want to bring back people who maybe haven't played in an expansion or three and are turned off by the idea of slogging through old content.

Also, it's a nice gift to people who are sick of their current class and want an easy change. Like anyone who continued to suffer through playing a Mage.
What's wrong with mage?
tongue.png

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
They'll sell 90s, they'll sell "entry raid gear" soon enough, hell, they may even sell rep boosts, but no matter what, those dickheads will not let horde and alliance play together. Fucking retarded decision.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
There still scrolls of resurrection and shit for this?
Log into your battle net account and click on your WoW till it expands (Where it says status frozen or something) should be a 10 day free trial on the lower right corner.

First impressions on coming back is that everything is still very fluid, very lag free and looks good for me (I like the visuals) but I just don't get the same joy as I did when I first started playing WoW. Talent tree fills dumbed down to shit and content is just far to easy.

What WoW needs is a full on support class.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Log into your battle net account and click on your WoW till it expands (Where it says status frozen or something) should be a 10 day free trial on the lower right corner.

First impressions on coming back is that everything is still very fluid, very lag free and looks good for me (I like the visuals) but I just don't get the same joy as I did when I first started playing WoW. Talent tree fills dumbed down to shit and content is just far to easy.

What WoW needs is a full on support class.
A class where I can focus on keeping dps buffs up while flowing out off healing and on-demand mitigation for the group?

I would cream myself.

Blizzard: Change Enhance Shaman to be it, motherfucker.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
If you've got the gold, buying a level 25 pet off the AH and doing the trainer quests to level your pets is very easy way to level.
Hrm, I thought if you bought a pet it would only be the level of your highest pet.