World of Warcraft: Current Year

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Every time they first announce shit it is ridiculous. They will tone it all down to pure snooze before too long.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Given that some of the Corruption effects were like over 9000% better than the others I wouldn't put any faith in them balancing these very well. I'm sure lessons will be learned though.

• 1Solidarity

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How many times will they tell Unholy DKs that we're getting ghoulrez back, then snatch it away during beta.

velk

Trakanon Raider
You may reactivate The Hunt every 30 seconds to teleport behind the marked target and ignoring line of sight.

I can guarantee they are going to regret that one if it makes it live ;p

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
some CRAZY big changes coming in, except for feral druid lololololololol

Super happy about Word of Glory coming to all specs, it's probably my favorite heal in the entire game

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
These changes don't seem crazy big for most classes. Biggest change seems to be Warrior.

All rogues having poisons again though, that'll be nice. One of the main reasons I stopped playing my BFA rogue was I just felt weird going into combat with a raid boss without checking my poisons.

Paladin changes are pretty nice too.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah just looks like some shuffling of abilities and a numbers pass. Nothing crazy big.

I mean, did you guys play BFA launch? We literally lost multiple abilities. Gaining 1 is a positive, but gaining like 7 as a prot paladin is yuuuge, even if they're just being brought from other specs. Not counting shamans, wars, druids, etc etc etc etc etc

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I mean, did you guys play BFA launch? We literally lost multiple abilities. Gaining 1 is a positive, but gaining like 7 as a prot paladin is yuuuge, even if they're just being brought from other specs. Not counting shamans, wars, druids, etc etc etc etc etc

Just not impressed with getting back abilities I used to have.

xzi

Mouthbreather
yuuup, we been ranting on this since blizzcon. It's a disaster of an idea.

I feel like they should just make a new talent row and as you unlock all 4 covenants you can unlock all 4 abilities for your class. There's even a clear viability for alts as they said once you do it on your main, your alts can start wherever they desire as if it's a NG+ experience.

The abilities are cool, some cooler than others (aoe avengers shield), but holy fuck I love blizzard and I have zero faith in their ability to ever balance anything aside from 20 man raiding and that's it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuck balance, fuck the meta. No one plays the meta and everyone talks about it. Start by making combat fun again, like it was in Legion. Worry about "balance" later.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No one plays the meta

giphy.gif

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm fine and happy with heroic, but just think about how long it took to get to this point for it to be balanced. It's been balanced for like.. 2 months and that's it.

It's not about "the meta", because "the meta" you can actively choose which way you want to go because it's available to you. The difference with covenants is you pick a covenant and you're stuck with that covenant unless you fully re-unlock another one, which they've stated will be a pain in the ass like Aldor/Scryers were.

Big difference in using a tome and swapping talents vs spending 3 weeks to change a covenant.

• 1Like

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh that covenant system definitely sounds retarded to me. Anything that isn't just grinding a currency/rep is retarded to me. Developers don't like it when people have control of their own time nowadays, though.