World of Warcraft: Current Year

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
You should know by know that the two things Blizzard really hates is:
a) when you are not playing the content they made, hence all the rep/daily grinds to force you into it
b) play the content different than it was intended

You're clearly playing it all wrong!

xzi

Mouthbreather
eh, I do like 250-300k+ on aoe pulls as ret, and it still feels fine to play fury even with the cap that already exists so.. whatever. Fury warriors are already competing with me on some pulls if I don't get extra procs.

not to mention half the classes that already do reduced damage to mobs once they reach a certain threshold.

They even recently changed Twilight Devastation to have a 6 mob cap and it still does a bajillion damage, I'm betting you won't notice this change even in the slightest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You should know by know that the two things Blizzard really hates is:
a) when you are not playing the content they made, hence all the rep/daily grinds to force you into it

Which is "understandable" from a production perspective: when you allocate time and ressources to develop content that is ignored by the majority of "your customers", it's a loss. That's probably why they put rewards for both islands and warfronts, so their metrics don't show the content is largely frowned upon. As for community feedback, MMO companies behave the same as any other company: no one wants to be the bearer of bad news. What developers get feedback wise is probably slightly better than what players write / say.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Oh yeah by no means is playing Fury awful, it's probably the best rendition of Fury we've had. I just know the cap is there for a reason for that spec and if you've been playing it since BFA, then you're already used to playing with a cap. The wowhead comments of saying to either remove M+ instead of placing a mob cap on AoE abilities is just hilarious.

• 1Solidarity

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Streams are up for the alpha now. It should be no surprise whatsoever but god DAMN is the world pretty.

Most datamined models / textures look really gorgeous, you can say what you want about Blizzard, they sure have a solid artist team.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Right? It's always been their strong suit but they somehow keep amping it up. Loving it.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
so their metrics don't show the content is largely frowned upon
There is content that they create and maintain and that you're not forced into, like pet battles. FFXIV for example has surprisingly diverse side content that you're not forced into with things like the Gold Saucer minigames, chocobo breeding/racing, endless dungeons etc. Said content is there to be played at your own leisure, and comes in handy when you are waiting for the next content patch to drop.

Instead WoW has flavor content mostly in seasonal holidays and the Darkmoon Faire, but those are tied to specific dates and are not always available.

As for community feedback, MMO companies behave the same as any other company: no one wants to be the bearer of bad news. What developers get feedback wise is probably slightly better than what players write / say.
Another problem is that the people compiling said feedback are lowly paid entry-level positions, and Blizzard community managers are mostly known for their fuckups (like not collecting shaman feedback at all) and meltdowns of Tchernobyl proportions.

Now ask yourself: would you trust people like Lore to compile objective feedback, wading through the bullshit and trolls? Or is he more likely to suck Ion cock to be promoted into a better paying position? Also, all of BfA's problems were very clear going into the beta, and there was feedback. Blizzard even sent out surveys for this, but they just didn't act on it.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
eh, I do like 250-300k+ on aoe pulls as ret, and it still feels fine to play fury even with the cap that already exists so.. whatever. Fury warriors are already competing with me on some pulls if I don't get extra procs.

not to mention half the classes that already do reduced damage to mobs once they reach a certain threshold.

They even recently changed Twilight Devastation to have a 6 mob cap and it still does a bajillion damage, I'm betting you won't notice this change even in the slightest.

Ahh, yes. Another one of these important changes that we won't even notice. So inconsequential one might ask "Why does the change even need to be made?!".

giphy.gif

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another problem is that the people compiling said feedback are lowly paid entry-level positions, and Blizzard community managers are mostly known for their fuckups (like not collecting shaman feedback at all) and meltdowns of Tchernobyl proportions.

Now ask yourself: would you trust people like Lore to compile objective feedback, wading through the bullshit and trolls? Or is he more likely to suck Ion cock to be promoted into a better paying position? Also, all of BfA's problems were very clear going into the beta, and there was feedback. Blizzard even sent out surveys for this, but they just didn't act on it.

I agree with you, MMO Community Manager is nowadays a glorified forum moderator position, unless you're getting your claws up to a production / design job there is high chances your name will be on the next "redundancy optimization" boogaloo. "I did the job right rather than good" is no one's resume.

Telling development their content is mostly displeasing to players while being on an ejection seat is like juggling with tigers. There's so much you can relay, especially when nowadays official forums are barren and relevant criticism is on streams / vids / dedicated discords or social media.

I'm quite sure at some point there's blatant incompetence going on at Blizzard, but like 99% of big entertainment companies nowdays, you're either driving the way or you're on the highway. I bet when some random powerful exec developed the Cats movie, the whole movie production team didn't really care bout telling him it's the worse idea of the worst ideas ever. They went along with the flow because you can't buy groceries with honesty.

xzi

Mouthbreather

xzi

Mouthbreather
"we're not planning warforging, we're not planning titanforging, we're not making a replacement for corruption - we're going to reduce loot drops but we're going to let loot be loot"

nmHfhAn.png

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
"The goal for Shadowlands alpha is to get systems into alpha sooner so that they can start getting feedback faster. They want to have time to react to feedback."

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Incoming bugs from alpha that still make it to live expansion release "we didn't have time to address them"

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This is a good time to start a folder containing all the claims, promises, declarations and responses to feedback so you've got them ready to go for the next couple of years worth of bed shitting.

• 1Like

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
The interview seemed promising but again what’s said and what actually happens are 2 different things.

• 1Truth!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
"we're not planning warforging, we're not planning titanforging, we're not making a replacement for corruption - we're going to reduce loot drops but we're going to let loot be loot"

Wait a minute. Ion actually said that there is no new version of warforging or titanforging? We are going back to real itemization?!