World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
As a rogue, I've had shit-all luck using Oqueue to get a raid.

On the other hand, using "Other raids" on the raid screen (not LFR) has netted me groups for everything except flex3/flex4. I'm up to 543 ivl from Ordos/Celestials/Flex1/Flex2 (and my cloak, because 608 ilvl is retarded). I'm doing decent dps and end up being top3 out some of the fights despite being barely conscious and less geared than the other DPS (and honestly, I abuse shadowstep and CoS on iron juggernaut to never leave melee range on the boss).

I can't recommend enough flagging yourself for Other Raids. Yes some fail, but I've had some awesome clear times on stuff, and actually made a few battletag friends on the way.

edit: TMac, what are you healing as? I've got a priest at 85 I could easily level to 90 and was thinking I might swap off of my DK Alt to heal instead.

edit2: derp shaman, nvm me.

Anyone have priest advice?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
edit: TMac, what are you healing as? I've got a priest at 85 I could easily level to 90 and was thinking I might swap off of my DK Alt to heal instead.

Shaman and Druid.

I tried off-spec healing on my Paladin, but I have NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING on the paladin.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Somebody pointed out other raids yesterday when people were begging for Celestials invites (as if that even matters) so I need to check that out.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Here is my armory with my Frost DK gear on. I still have a couple of pieces that are more Blood related but I didn't modify too much. I need to tweak my hit a little bit to get it up to 7.5%. I haven't done a raid since the new weapon, but depending on the fight I was pulling 70 - 90k dps, generally right around 80k.

Ehlo @ Drakthul - Community - World of Warcraft

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Somebody pointed out other raids yesterday when people were begging for Celestials invites (as if that even matters) so I need to check that out.
Celestials are a crappy shot at good gear. Think it's all 553 level tier stuff and 522 PVP shit. Ordos too once you finish your cloak.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
'Other raids' is great for celestials/ordos. The only flex invites I've gotten that way were drooling retard fail fests with raid leaders that barely met the ilevel required to zone in.

I've still only managed to get Garrosh twice on flex.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
'Other raids' is great for celestials/ordos. The only flex invites I've gotten that way were drooling retard fail fests with raid leaders that barely met the ilevel required to zone in.

Lol if you werent so antisocial, you could always ask when im doing flex 4. We knock it out every Tuesday or Wednesday.

Also, Celestials and Ordos take all of 5 minutes to do. Once you have your cloak on one character, you can do Ordos on any character. You dont even have to ask to be in a group for these bosses. Just attack the damn thing and get loots.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
As a rogue, I've had shit-all luck using Oqueue to get a raid.

On the other hand, using "Other raids" on the raid screen (not LFR) has netted me groups for everything except flex3/flex4. I'm up to 543 ivl from Ordos/Celestials/Flex1/Flex2 (and my cloak, because 608 ilvl is retarded). I'm doing decent dps and end up being top3 out some of the fights despite being barely conscious and less geared than the other DPS (and honestly, I abuse shadowstep and CoS on iron juggernaut to never leave melee range on the boss).

I can't recommend enough flagging yourself for Other Raids. Yes some fail, but I've had some awesome clear times on stuff, and actually made a few battletag friends on the way.

Anyone have priest advice?
Priest advice? Play discipline, you get to nuke instead of healing, unless you really want to, in that case you can heal properly (not that is required in LFR). PoM + Cascade or Halo or well thrown Divine Stars once you have 5 stacks of Evangelism. Glyph Penance, PoM, Smite. I find priest fairly enjoyable, I play all the other healers too, but discipline priest has always been one of my most played.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
downloaded oqueue, bombarded with friend requests I can't seem to approve/figure out where they are. Now I know why Ao and Daidraco always whispered (OQ) to me... though it was some secret code I didn't know about (and it was!)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
5.4.7 changes to Battle.net® chat - MMO-Champion BlueTracker

In patch 5.4.7, BattleTagT or Real ID friends will only be able to send 10 chat messages every 10 seconds over Battle.net? chat. We're adding a new way for User Interface Add-Ons to send communications information via a new send function and receive event.
Looks like they are trying to make these cross server addons a little cleaner and semi supporting them.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If only ever other MMO ever would learn from that kind of support.

Instead we have legions of dipshits still talking about smart-mod functionality that was nerfed 10 years ago.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I had the opportunity to run a few raids last night as DPS while working through some initial tank gear acquisitions. Going from 502 > 536 ilvl weapon upped my dps way more than I thought possible. Depending on the fight, I was pulling 100 - 120k pretty regularly. That makes me happy because I don't like being in the bottom half of DPS as LFR starts finger pointing if there is a wipe. So sensitive. Now, even if I am out of the top 8 I still contribute to the raid pretty well and that just means other people are doing more than my DPS which seems to be in a good spot.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
My shitty server is down until 11 AM PST aka right during my primetime here in Germany. Those fuckers.

Why are only a handful of servers down? I didn't see a reason. Merges?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I had the opportunity to run a few raids last night as DPS while working through some initial tank gear acquisitions. Going from 502 > 536 ilvl weapon upped my dps way more than I thought possible. Depending on the fight, I was pulling 100 - 120k pretty regularly. That makes me happy because I don't like being in the bottom half of DPS as LFR starts finger pointing if there is a wipe. So sensitive. Now, even if I am out of the top 8 I still contribute to the raid pretty well and that just means other people are doing more than my DPS which seems to be in a good spot.
Weapons always have been the single largest upgrade you can make (and good for you upgrading that with Valor right away).

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
downloaded oqueue, bombarded with friend requests I can't seem to approve/figure out where they are. Now I know why Ao and Daidraco always whispered (OQ) to me... though it was some secret code I didn't know about (and it was!)
Haha When people were sending me QQ before I knew about oQueue... I was in the same boat. Like wtf do you mean QQ? Then I had Hearthstone up the other night while WoW was in the background. Word of warning, do not do that! Haha! I was waiting on some people to start Wing 4 with me and oQueue was blowing up the messaging system in Hearthstone, and oQueue in WoW wasnt receiving any of the updates.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
From the oQueue interface you can clear all OQ friends. I usually log out to disable it after I'm done using it.

seanc_sl

shitlord

It fucking hurts my brain how many people don't know about the cross realm raid finder they added in the last patch. They are usually bitching in general chat on the island how no one ever does celestials anymore.