World of Warcraft: Current Year

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Sounds like you forgot about the 360 degree cleaves of BC.
(bc came out first)

Every game since WoW has sucked dick as melee. You can pretty much tell when the devs of these games stopped playing warcraft because every end game dungeon in a new game will have god damn trash or bosses with stupid fucking cleaves.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
SoO is ok for melee aside from Thok. I don't know why anyone would even bother bringing melee for Thok.

spronk

FPS noob
World of Warcraft: Azeroth by the Numbers - World of Warcraft

PP6.jpg

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After last night I'm now in full LFR gear with 2 burdens of eternity I can use if I want to upgrade some timeless gear... but this was the fourth week in a row that gold dropped on celestials (plus gold on bonus roll).

Time for flex I guess...

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have been hitting up LFR for the past two weeks. I hadn't raided at all and after a 7 year break I am glad LFR exists. I would say about 80% of the groups complete the raid. There are a few mouth breathers that ruin things sometimes, but I am not perfect either so I can deal with it. Just being able to see the content and storyline progress was fun. Trying to drill through the legendary cloak quest, but I just started so I figure it will take forever. Need 3 more seals of wisdom and then I can move on to the next steps.

I LFR as a Frost DK to try and get a LFR weapon to drop. Nothing off of Sha of Pride or General Nazgrim. I was then insta ported from one raid to another somehow who was right before Thok. Downed him and got jack, but used my last warforged seal and got his polearm. Being human, I would have preferred a sword but after some reforging that upped my character sheet dps by 4.5k. Hopefully that will let me put out over 100k dps consistently.

Playing melee DPS is definitely more obnoxious than playing my mage. I didn't know about the 50% valor point buff when one of your chars is valor capped until last week. That at least gives me a reason to break out the mage for a few raids to acquire valor gear or item upgrades.

I am absolutely terrified of being a tank in raids. I tanked all the way to 90 in instances, but there doesn't seem to be any forgiveness for 'new' players in LFR so I am just shying away from that for now. Perhaps when WoD comes out and everyone has to learn the fights it would be a better time. That or just change my loot spec to Blood and acquire tank gear through DPS.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Trying to drill through the legendary cloak quest, but I just started so I figure it will take forever. Need 3 more seals of wisdom and then I can move on to the next steps.
So, I discovered this about three weeks into the cloak quest, but you can run Heroic Scenarios and hit your weekly cap for Valor tokens pretty easily.

It's the most efficient way I've found to generate the needed 3k Valor as part of the cloak quest. There may be better ways, I just haven't discovered them.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I am absolutely terrified of being a tank in raids. I tanked all the way to 90 in instances, but there doesn't seem to be any forgiveness for 'new' players in LFR so I am just shying away from that for now. Perhaps when WoD comes out and everyone has to learn the fights it would be a better time. That or just change my loot spec to Blood and acquire tank gear through DPS.
Heeh, cry at the lack of tanks but then treat them like shit for trying to learn.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
The ease of getting into groups as a tank is worth it, imo.

For perspective, you could watch a 30 minute video on the bosses you're about to tank, queue with your tank directly after watching them and get into an instance faster than you could on your DPS. So, the time invested in learning WTF to do in each instance is negligible.

After you learn them, then you've got quick queues forever. If you stick with DPS, you'll eventually learn the fights, but you'll still be sitting in 40 minute queues.

Also, download Oqueue.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just ran through everything in my head. Tanking in LFR is face roll easy. Garrosh is the only one in LFR you have to be on your toes. Thats not because Garrosh is hard, but because you have to drag all that shit into the iron star and then get the f'k out of the way. Tanking doesnt start to have a difficulty level, imo, till flex. Thats when things like Sha's wounded pride start to appear and can wipe the raid if you arent paying attention.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can one of you frost DKs post your armory? Playing with some guildies in this for a month and thinking of playing my DK over priest.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I'm playing healers for the first time in my 10 year WoW experience and I must admit...its rather...fun! I've given up my 90 Ret Paladin in exchange for an 86 Resto Shaman and an 83 Resto Druid.

I feel like I'm confessing a dark secret here.

I've got three big reasons why I feel this way which I'll go through:
1. Instant LFD/LFR queues
2. Healing is EASY
3. Healing is a mini-game
4. Instant LFD/LFR

So, instant LFD/LFR queues cannot be overrated. They're awesome. They're probably the best thing you could achieve in MoP. Even if you're using Oqueue, there's always a group looking for a Tank or Healer, but rarely for DPS. If I want to get into a group as DPS on Oqueue, I start my own group. If I want to get into a group on my healer, I cough.

Healing is surprisingly easy. I'm using VuhDu to heal and after you've setup your click-to-heals, everything is a cinch. You don't have to run around like a crazy person like you do with melee and there's no legitimate spamming. Every now and then you'll have a panic mode, but the pacing is nice so the hella heals does nothing to ruin the experience and everything to add to it.

Healing is a mini game. Following HoTs, Procs and combo-heals is a mini-game unto itself. I'm just OCD enough to enjoy it. I almost always keep Lifebloom (Druid) on my tanks during 85% of the dungeon and totems (Shaman) add a ton of versatility when things get hairy.

The value of instant queues cannot be overrated.

All-in-all I'm really enjoying healing. I mean, if you're good, there's nothing for people to blame. Also, if people are dicks, you don't have to heal them
biggrin.png
. YOU HAVE ALL THE POWER!