World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Engaging game play ahead -

I mean yeah, that's why it's being tested now instead of in a year when it launches and fails like 80% of the systems on launch in bfa because azerite wasn't even implemented in beta until a week before launch

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If you've never played a roguelike or roguelite those kinds of OP situations are built into the game. It's RNG whether you get the upgrades you need to get to that point. There will be runs where you get every single upgrade you want and murder everything. And there will be runs where you get absolutely nothing you need and get roasted right away.

Which is why it's important that something like this isn't limited to once per day. Because if you get unlucky and can't try again that will be a major "feels bad man" and frustrate the hell out of players.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He already said twice he didn't like the vision-torghast-roguelike WoW concept, him nitpicking some random Twitch asshole stacking animas at floor 72 in alpha isn't gonna change his mind, he's not trying to make a point. He's just showcasing his discontentment like it's some high school science fair and he really wants his low effort diorama to succeed against all odds.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'd be okay with the rewards being capped weekly but with the ability to enter the tower regardless. Or like visions, only your first run you get 470 gear while 5 masking, after that if you 5 mask it scales down to 4mask rewards, after that down to 3mask, etc etc etc.

I'm with Khane though, in roguelikes you can have a "dead" run pretty early on and there's nothing you can do about it. Especially if they give rewards it would be a mistake to have a small limit on how many runs you can do. I am however okay with a limit on how many free runs you can do with the ability to grind whatever to enter more. Much like the mage tower, or again even visions.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
So, with the upcoming reputation buff I am thinking about leveling through the zones with a fresh 120 to get most of the reputation from leveling. Anyone know how much reputation you get from the quests themselves?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'd be okay with the rewards being capped weekly but with the ability to enter the tower regardless. Or like visions, only your first run you get 470 gear while 5 masking, after that if you 5 mask it scales down to 4mask rewards, after that down to 3mask, etc etc etc.

I'm with Khane though, in roguelikes you can have a "dead" run pretty early on and there's nothing you can do about it. Especially if they give rewards it would be a mistake to have a small limit on how many runs you can do. I am however okay with a limit on how many free runs you can do with the ability to grind whatever to enter more. Much like the mage tower, or again even visions.
They could make it a weekly that only gives the rewards at the end of the week, based on your best run. If you get a good run right away or don't care and just want the weekly shit, you do one run and you're done. If you get shafted or like it, you keep doing runs and at the end get rewarded for your best run.

Khane

They could make it a weekly that only gives the rewards at the end of the week, based on your best run. If you get a good run right away or don't care and just want the weekly shit, you do one run and you're done. If you get shafted or like it, you keep doing runs and at the end get rewarded for your best run.

No, fuck this.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
OK serious question, having played WOW briefly at launch but seeing the new leveling curve and starter content would it be worth someone to pick up the game who is basically brand new? How hard is it going to be to get in/geared and doing raids (What I'd want to do). I am not expecting world first guilds or anything just a solid mid level raid guild that clears content at a reasonable pace. What is that curve like for a brand new player going into SL?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
OK serious question, having played WOW briefly at launch but seeing the new leveling curve and starter content would it be worth someone to pick up the game who is basically brand new? How hard is it going to be to get in/geared and doing raids (What I'd want to do). I am not expecting world first guilds or anything just a solid mid level raid guild that clears content at a reasonable pace. What is that curve like for a brand new player going into SL?

Shit man, get the pre-order boost and you could be an LFR superstar tonight.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Every new xpac is a complete gear reset.

Basically a new expansion is the perfect time to pick up this game, it usually comes with a boost to the previous cap level, and not having done any of the shit prior is irrelevant at expansion drop.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
No, fuck this.
But why? isn't this the similar to Mythic+ and the weekly chest?
Maybe add some instant rewards that are capped to some degree and give out a weekly reward based on your best run for the week.
As far as timed rewards go this sounds like a decent compromise.

Khane

No, the weekly reward systems suck shit. It's a terrible system especially if it's the only reward you get.

I mean goddamn, the only way they can ruin this is if they turn it into a daily/weekly. Fuck.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
No, the weekly reward systems suck shit. It's a terrible system especially if it's the only reward you get.

I mean goddamn, the only way they can ruin this is if they turn it into a daily/weekly. Fuck.
I definitely do not want it to be time gated as far as attempts go... and feel like it should give out some immediate rewards... but I feel like a weekly reward based on your best try is a far cry from that.
Again, no different from the Mythic+ system or even raids to some extent.
You can go kill the bosses as many times as you want but only one reward per week, right? (per difficulty... but that is a whole different discussion).

xzi

Mouthbreather
I can't find a source for this but pretty sure they already said it's not going to be weekly.

If I really had to guess, it'll be like visions. Which is good, because it just becomes "how high can you push?"

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

I like the way they do the vision rewards right now as well, where you get 1 max level reward, then progressively slightly lower rewards until it resets.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Reading this thread makes me hate Blizzard and gamers.

Yea lets make an endless tower that gets harder as you go only give good rewards once per week regardless of how high you got, or better yet, make every time you go in have worse rewards even if you make it farther.

Christ. This system has a lot of potential but people in this thread are actively suggesting ways to make it suck.

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
they're not making it once per week

have you done visions? the reward in visions are designed that way so you can't farm mythic gear in arguably easy content depending on how retarded or not you are, just like you can't infinitely farm mythic for mythic loot

you're the only one here arguing with yourself everybody else is just talking about what they might do, none of which matters because it's fucking alpha

• 1Worf

Khane

they're not making it once per week

have you done visions? the reward in visions are designed that way so you can't farm mythic gear in arguably easy content depending on how retarded or not you are, just like you can't infinitely farm mythic for mythic loot

you're the only one here arguing with yourself everybody else is just talking about what they might do, none of which matters because it's fucking alpha

This is an endless dungeon, why would they have a "max" reward and how would they guage when that gets rewarded? And then make every reward after that worse, regardless of how far you get? Stop being fucking stupid.

"Hey guys it can be exactly like this other thing that has a max difficulty and is nothing like a roguelike at all!"