World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
you need to relax about something that's not even in the game yet aside from gameplay

& legendaries are going to be crafted in torghast, and it's probably a pretty safe bet to say the further you push the more materials you get. But again, nobody knows. Not you, not me, probably not even blizzard.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait until people realize that raiding has always been a weekly...

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
you need to relax about something that's not even in the game yet aside from gameplay

& legendaries are going to be crafted in torghast, and it's probably a pretty safe bet to say the further you push the more materials you get. But again, nobody knows. Not you, not me, probably not even blizzard.

You need to relax with the terrible suggestions. Ugh.

"I can't believe we're having a discussion on a message board"

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Every new xpac is a complete gear reset.

Basically a new expansion is the perfect time to pick up this game, it usually comes with a boost to the previous cap level, and not having done any of the shit prior is irrelevant at expansion drop.

Would you say its best to wait for Xpac launch then and get going then?

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Unless you really need to scratch that itch right now then ya IMO just wait.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

xzi

Mouthbreather
You need to relax with the terrible suggestions. Ugh.

"I can't believe we're having a discussion on a message board"

I mean, if it were up to me the tower is infinite scaling with a reward at the end that even bypasses raiding loot and I will live in there and you can farm 90 items a day if you want. Because gear doesn't fucking matter and it hasn't since mop.

If it were up to me, wow is just Path of Exile instead (not diablo cause that game fucking sucks more than BFA)

• 1GreNeg
  • 1Like

Khane

I mean, if it were up to me the tower is infinite scaling with a reward at the end that even bypasses raiding loot and I will live in there and you can farm 90 items a day if you want. Because gear doesn't fucking matter and it hasn't since mop.

If it were up to me, wow is just Path of Exile instead (not diablo cause that game fucking sucks more than BFA)

Now we're talkin buddy

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
OK serious question, having played WOW briefly at launch but seeing the new leveling curve and starter content would it be worth someone to pick up the game who is basically brand new? How hard is it going to be to get in/geared and doing raids (What I'd want to do). I am not expecting world first guilds or anything just a solid mid level raid guild that clears content at a reasonable pace. What is that curve like for a brand new player going into SL?

Not only is each expansion a complete reset in terms of character power, but now the standard for WoW is catch-up mechanics in each content patch during expansion. They're on 8.3 (third major content patch of the expansion), but you don't have to do the 'older' content of the expansion to gear up to the current content. So if all you care about is raiding and group content (and dont give a shit about things like story/lore and collections) you can pick the game up whenever you want. Pre-order of shadowlands gives you a one time max level boost to any character and starter gear that is entry level for the current patch. If you have friends that play or an in with a guild you can be relatively up to par with gear in less than 2 weeks with a modicum of devotion. If you're entirely on your own then the time frame changes signficantly.

If you actually care about leveling and a good leveling experience it may be best to wait until Shadowlands. They're doing a level-squish (current max level 120 characters will become level 50 and max level for the expansion will be 60) as well as making adjustments to the leveling path. Currently on live there is Vanilla + 7 expansions and while leveling you will play through very small fractions of each one which just makes for a muddled mess of storytelling. In Shadowlands they're going for levels 1-10 being starter zone experience (which will be a tutorial zone for new players, racial zone for veterans), levels 11-50 being pick one of the 8 expansions to play through and levels 51-60 being the new expansion content.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

oooooh so like gems in diablo

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He already said twice he didn't like the vision-torghast-roguelike WoW concept, him nitpicking some random Twitch asshole stacking animas at floor 72 in alpha isn't gonna change his mind, he's not trying to make a point. He's just showcasing his discontentment like it's some high school science fair and he really wants his low effort diorama to succeed against all odds.
Nah, I just thought it was pretty funny. I understand it's still testing. I hope the new system rocks but I don't see it right now. If I said it looked good people here would be jumping down my throat that I was on Ion's cock. *shrug*

Perhaps I am just jaded because in the BFA announcements, I thought islands would be awesome and they turned out really flat.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
or crafting materials in raids when professions were good :(

I actually miss a lot about WoD crafting. I didn't care for that expansion at all, but making OP crafted shit for my alts made alting far more fun.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Crafting being pointless is something I never understood in their changes.

Having to go on cool quests for rare schematics and stuff was interesting. Choosing between two paths of weaponsmith/armorsmith/gnomish tinkering/etc was also interesting and cool. Weapons like Stormherald were cool.

Nope can't have that. Make all professions homogenized and fucking lame. I even really liked the unique bonuses you got from professions in WOTLK that they also shitcanned.

• 2Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would you say its best to wait for Xpac launch then and get going then?

If you have never played or have not played in a long time, now is a good time to level a few classes and mess around to figure out what you like to play. Most specs are not changing much in SL.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
The only issue I ever had with Professions were the moneymaking distance between them. If you wanted gold to flow, you went Jewelcrafting, Inscription, Alchemy, Gathering, then all the others. Blacksmith had a few small bumps with Weapon Chains/Shield Spikes/Belt Sockets, but other than that, the others would have maybe one item that would sell, while the others were money printing machines with any small effort. Sure, you could all go that route, but then it would crater the market, so Blizzard nerfed it all into oblivion to make things 'balanced'.

It will be interesting to see if they can make all of them worthwhile in Shadowlands, though I will not hold my breath.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The profession system has been a complete joke for a while. Making all the high end crafted items bind on craft ruined any potential interesting aspects of them.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

How hilarious was the BfA tailoring cloak enchant that only prevented daze when you were unmounted?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I even liked the crafting quests in Legion. That were also shitcanned because bitchy Karen couldn't stand the thought that she had to ENTER A STUPID DUNGEON to progress a profession and get, "rare" recipes. Blows my mind that became a thing.

The plague of accessibility really rustles me. While at the same time makes sense from business perspective because anything you can create that doesn't reach more than 50% of the playerbase was essentially wasted dev time and money.

Today I don't care if I am not the end all be all. I didn't care in EQ 20 years ago.

Big reason why MMORPG are such batshit projects to make. Because ideally you want players to never reach the ,"end" of anything while also incentives to continued play towards the peak. Whatever that may be.

• 1Like