World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I gave up on lvling my Elemental Shaman, and did a Mage. Had quite a bit of fun leveling to BfA content, and had fun going through that content. Now though, as a new player in BfA everything past the release content is kinda trash. Naz and Mech both seem to be zones designed to slow you down, and specifically designed with Flying in mind. Time gated story quests (which might unlock further content), its really off putting. Mechagon seems to especially bad in this sense, plus it seems to based on a gimmick of crafting stuff. Uldum and Vale aren't too bad, but only because they are old world zones where Flying is unlocked via gold rather than achievements.

Edit: Will say that the soundtrack for Zuldazar and Nazmir are fantastic.
One thing about mechagon is while flying is very helpful there is literally gives you zone flight almost instantly once you get in there for most days and the option to make it on demand easily. The jet pack thing is freaking amazing and fun. Naz was a pain in the ass but mechagon always was pretty fun and easy to get around in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There was a jetpack? I just ran around everywhere on my mount lol. Didn't take long though with double rep, mechagon was really fast, I just skipped most daillies and only did the "world quest" big objectives, which was often just 3 rares or 6 chests which took like 5-10mins depending on luck and then I was out of there.

Naz wasn't THAT bad either I thought, cause it had several flightpaths, and quick ones not slow ass shit, so you could easily just hop on one to go a decent distance. Having a form of slowfall was mandatory due to stupid drops everywhere though. The protal dropping you right inside the town was good too, I'd often just HS out, go back in the portal to turn in, rather than run back. I think the whistle gets unlocked at some point but forgot when.

Worst part of BFA without flying was Kul Tiras(as horde), flightpaths are super spread, you can buy more spots but for some reason half of them are next to each other instead of being spread, and it takes a while to unlock them(and it costs a shit ton of war ressources which early on are kinda sparse with all the daily costs), so I hated doing stuff there. Rest wasn't so bad imo.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Get Servant of N'Zoth and you can.

Oh, I did (kinda), and I tried to make those gnomes and pandas pay!

Unfortunately, stalking alliance in warmode (when everyone is red) is tedious; which would make me impatient, and I would end up murdered before getting it done (I think I already had assassin 3 out of the 5 times I got the quest, as well).

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If you can join either faction with Pandaren, there's nothing stopping them from doing the reverse. As far as old quests and shit, you'd still have that split by faction. The expansion comes out, big cut scene where they sign a peace treaty or some shit. It would also cut the dev work in half when everyone does the same storyline instead of a horde and alliance story. Just unlock Faction Reputations and make all the regular factions friendly. It's one of those things they're just making excuses about. It really can't be that difficult if they can finally increase the default bag slot size.... massive fucking eye rolls.

Rime

<Donor>
Servant of N'Zoth is/was relatively easy when CTA Nazjatar is up. People tend to fight in giant clumps on the path between the two bases. Just make sure you have some goblin gliders to jump off, because people love to try and ruin your run.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
There was a jetpack? I just ran around everywhere on my mount lol. Didn't take long though with double rep, mechagon was really fast, I just skipped most daillies and only did the "world quest" big objectives, which was often just 3 rares or 6 chests which took like 5-10mins depending on luck and then I was out of there.

Naz wasn't THAT bad either I thought, cause it had several flightpaths, and quick ones not slow ass shit, so you could easily just hop on one to go a decent distance. Having a form of slowfall was mandatory due to stupid drops everywhere though. The protal dropping you right inside the town was good too, I'd often just HS out, go back in the portal to turn in, rather than run back. I think the whistle gets unlocked at some point but forgot when.

Worst part of BFA without flying was Kul Tiras(as horde), flightpaths are super spread, you can buy more spots but for some reason half of them are next to each other instead of being spread, and it takes a while to unlock them(and it costs a shit ton of war ressources which early on are kinda sparse with all the daily costs), so I hated doing stuff there. Rest wasn't so bad imo.
Yup the little special weapon stand constructions have a jet pack and you can get the recipe to make them. Generally when those depots are available people flock to complete them to get the jet pack. Once you have it just jump in the air and fly around. If you get the recipe you can make them on demand cheap.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Servant of N'Zoth is/was relatively easy when CTA Nazjatar is up. People tend to fight in giant clumps on the path between the two bases. Just make sure you have some goblin gliders to jump off, because people love to try and ruin your run.

You can also do what I did and be extremely toxic on reset day just sitting at Mardivas lab in Nazjatar waiting for people to phase out and just murder them.

If you get low HP you just run into your little phased cave.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel like they had bigger plans for that cave in Nazjatar. Something more along the lines of connecting either the faction progress, or your minions progress to it. Sort of like the Fire Lands dailies where your little camp builds up as you go. Or the Panda Farm dailies as another example. I cant say that I would have pursued it further than what the essence or pathfinder required - but it would have been a nice touch. I finished that little asian town in FFXIV and recycled sooooo much shit there to get it built even though Shadowbringers was current, so I'm not even sure about my answer.

Saying that just kind of reminded me of how much content we have missed out on for one reason or another over all these years. Things like Azjol Nerub being a big zone like Dragon Blight and not just a dungeon for example, or similar. I've always thought that the game should be so much more with the amount of money made off of it. Yet Blizzard has always seemed to just.. drop the ball, time and time again. WoW is a service game, so it just seems like it would be treated like a business in itself. Where a certain percentage would go towards improvements, more content etc. But if anything, Blizzard just seemed to shave it down to the bare minimum and thats always confused me.

• 1Truth!

Leon

<Silver Donator>

As long as he leaves the draenais alone ....

Qap_-tnl49srRBhsRtOnJPSK-s3fLZkukGRYnLO_iN8.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rank 3 TD up and I won't have anywhere near the echoes to get it before it rotates off. Why are Coalescing Visions tied to a time gate still is beyond stupid. Jesus I'm about done with this shit already. I've done most of it and pushing M+ with this corruption shit just seems like such a fucking chore that doesn't interest me in the slightest and farming arenas for PvE shit is stupid. Why don't they have a PvP progression? My god this expansion is so fucking bad.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's plenty of other ways to get echoes than doing visions.

Also it's only TD2.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And Visions are not time gated. They are able to be farmed 24hrs a day. Visions is only a good way to farm essences if you already have them. Trying to farm them is dumb. You get a ton just by doing the content you find fun.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think they'll ever get rid of factions, but I do think they should open up for faction betrayal quests as in EQ. Have a long, epic quest line where you end up switching factions. Don't see a problem with that, though many would REEEEe...

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think they'll ever get rid of factions, but I do think they should open up for faction betrayal quests as in EQ. Have a long, epic quest line where you end up switching factions. Don't see a problem with that, though many would REEEEe...
This was one of the things that eq2 did well. If you want to switch factions back and forth you can but you have to want it and do the work.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
They will let you group with the other faction years before they let you switch for free. For the low low price of $30 you get all of those extra exalted factions!