World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
What I'm afraid of, is I might end up becoming one of those asshats that looks to short term gain and success. Ignoring potential profits. WOW deserves to die. But only if someone else comes in and does it better. Unfortunately no one is willing to risk investing in it. Short term indy developers and mobile games made sure we would never see another MMO with the depth of wow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Here is a Systemlands guide for the hardcore raider, from a Russian that also did same type guides for Legion and BFA. It will give you an idea of just how many systems are in play:

(English) Medivh's 9.0 Shadowlands Raider Godbook

Edit: I guess the forum auto loads the google spreadsheet into a small window. I don't like it, but if you do, here it is:

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Malkav

French Madman
Well, at least from what they said yesterday, flying should come in 9.1 and will be unlocked through renown/covenant compaign (content you'll have progressed anyway). No shitty rep grind nor waiting till 9.2.

I guess that's progress.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Here is a Systemlands guide for the hardcore raider, from a Russian that also did same type guides for Legion and BFA. It will give you an idea of just how many systems are in play:

(English) Medivh's 9.0 Shadowlands Raider Godbook

Edit: I guess the forum auto loads the google spreadsheet into a small window. I don't like it, but if you do, here it is:

Well you can already tell these dumb fucks didn't learn even a single fucking lesson in the issues with ilvl scaling.

So Raid 1 of the expansion already goes from

Normal dungeon-158
LFR-187
Mythic-233 gear

So we already have a 75 ilvl jump before the expansion has even begun. Also the ilvl is still an exponential increase. The problem they keep trying to "solve" with constant squishes they have already taken a shit on before the expansion even launches.

Antoine Dodson Reaction GIF

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Well you can already tell these dumb fucks didn't learn even a single fucking lesson in the issues with ilvl scaling.

So Raid 1 of the expansion already goes from

Normal dungeon-158
LFR-187
Mythic-233 gear

So we already have a 75 ilvl jump before the expansion has even begun. Also the ilvl is still an exponential increase. The problem they keep trying to "solve" with constant squishes they have already taken a shit on before the expansion even launches.

Antoine Dodson Reaction GIF

They learned after the first or second squish, that they like doing squishes.

It was either a blue post or one of the devs, in an interview (shortly after the xpac dropped), said they were planing on a squish every two to three expansions, going forward from that time.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Probably a dumb question, i know you need to be the specific covenant to unlock the transmog armor/weapons, but do they unlock for all characters once you unlock one? Aka could I use a venthyr weapon transmog on say a Fae Covenant character?

Malkav

French Madman
Probably a dumb question, i know you need to be the specific covenant to unlock the transmog armor/weapons, but do they unlock for all characters once you unlock one? Aka could I use a venthyr weapon transmog on say a Fae Covenant character?

Nah, Covenant transmogs are Convenant locked.

Daidraco

Im not sure how I would code it but I would just tie item level to each "previous" expansion, and have a higher ilvl tied to the "current" expansion. That way it just resets to the lower ilvl when its ranked as previous, automatically. (Or scales to the character level in the "previous" expansion, to be specific to WoW)

Burns

Ion did a press tour, here are a couple highlights:
  • Ion would like to formally repudiate the philosophy of "bring the player not the class." He thinks that was something that was articulated a dozen years ago in a very different time. The game itself has moved very far from the problems that statement was trying to address.
  • The team has tried to emphasize that your class should matter. Having a well-rounded group is healthier.
  • Trying to make players more social and less optimized is something no one has been able to crack in modern day. However, if you spend hours getting declined from groups because of your spec then you are completely justified in blaming Blizzard.
  • The team has tried to shift the answer of what is best to "it depends'” as much as possible by making certain specs or classes excel in something more than others.
  • The goal of Shadowlands is only to build on the systems available at launch and not add new systems over the expansion.
  • The team has also moved away from reputation being required to unlock flying. They want to have flying earned, likely in the next major content patch after launch, by completing the covenant campaign.
  • There are still no plans to bring back Master Loot.
Other devs did a few other interviews on lessons learned and Systemland systems. MMO-Champ has the highlights: Shadowlands Interview Roundup - MMO-Champion

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • There are still no plans to bring back Master Loot.

Why? They just said
  • Trying to make players more social and less optimized is something no one has been able to crack in modern day. However, if you spend hours getting declined from groups because of your spec then you are completely justified in blaming Blizzard.

Does anyone else see why these statements contradict and why its one of the core problems of the competency of these clowns in the dev/creative team?

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I never could get into using Shift or Control to have an extra set of hotkeys. I just went out and bought an MMO mouse and said fk it. All my CD's are on the side of the mouse and my main abilities are on the keyboard.

How do you type capital letters?

• 1Pathetic

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How do you type capital letters?
I use right shift personally when typing. I hate using left shift too for key combos, I do sometimes and I don't mind having just an action tied to shift(but not something I'm gonna be pressing all the time like sprint) but I stick to mostly alt+key unless I really need a lot of keys(FFXIV for example I have a few shift keys but a bunch of them are just shift+mouse buttons combos).

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am actually looking forward to how alt friendly the beginning of this expansion will be. I have three classes that I am looking forward to and near total inability to pick one. Glad to know backtracking won't be much of an issue.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was having trouble choosing what to play for Shadowlands, I think I've settle on MM hunter though. The burst makes it really fun to play and I like all the utility I can get with it. I've been a combat/outlaw rogue main most of the time since vanilla, but the spec just isn't very fun these days sadly.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
MM is great in SL, deciding between that and shadow priest. Both really engaging specs

• 2Like

Daidraco

When I play my MM Hunter, it just feels like he chunks the hell out of stuff. Ill chime in with both, the MM Hunter and Shadow Priest being really solid picks, at least for launch.

Merrith

You guys convincing me to finally go back to MM. I hate BM but Marks in BFA was shit.

• 2Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, at least from what they said yesterday, flying should come in 9.1 and will be unlocked through renown/covenant compaign (content you'll have progressed anyway). No shitty rep grind nor waiting till 9.2.

I guess that's progress.
Yup it looks like if you are caught up with your covenant when it is out you should just get it which is a better way of doing it.