World of Warcraft: Current Year

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Hardcore players loved to see one of their own finally being represented on the staff of a major MMORPG.
Yeah, that's also the reason the hardcore players like Ion so much at the helm: because he represents them. I don't even know what to say to this pile of cognitive dissonance. If you think about it, it even comes with a bit of intersectionality. Like: He's a black gay furry hardcore player, so all black gay furry hardcore players must like him and what he does, or else they're not real gay furry hardcore players!

He left the company in June, no idea why it was kept so hush hush though.
I think it was in August/September that the grapevine Youtube channels like Bellular had these pieces about many senior/higher up people at Blizzard silently leaving, or planning to leave. Would fit the bill.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
At 5/7 chapters in Bastion today and still halfway through level 52 and I've already hit a level block at Elysian Hold for level 53. How the fuck did I screw this up? I've pretty much just done the story quests, but that's what I'd heard was the way to go.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
At 5/7 chapters in Bastion today and still halfway through level 52 and I've already hit a level block at Elysian Hold for level 53. How the fuck did I screw this up? I've pretty much just done the story quests, but that's what I'd heard was the way to go.

You need to do a bunch of side quests in bastion. Just doing the story won't get you to the required levels.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just turn on war mode(you won't see any Alliance in Bastion) and do the side quests. You'll hit 53 easily.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean, the Pantheon meme is spot on, but where the shit did that EQ take come from? Lol
That person seems really upset with all the falling gifs in the pantheon thread. Is that nirgon in disguise?

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Found out you could get $20-25 keys for Shadowlands in SteamGameSwap thanks to a recent AMD promotion, so I picked one up. It will be the first time playing in 4 years (since Legion). How is the end game sounding? Some of the time gated, chores, drag of Legion sound like it's been cleaned up?

Also, what's some new must have mods etc? Current characters were 45. What's my best bet to rush to 50 and start Shadowlands? Saw something about that "autopilot" mod or what not. Any tips welcomed.

Also, what key/hotkey layout is everyone using? Thinking about switching my up to something mlre efficient than I used to use. Any recommendations welcomed.

I felt like I miss chests/named on map without it. The green tracing on minimap is useful for keeping you guided without pressing M constantly to check big map for locs. There were 3-4 moments in SL launch and Bastion where I used the green arrow.

You can deviate from the waypoint order without too much trouble as long as you finish the other turn-ins it'll function fine.

I mostly ignore it so far in SL but was useful in other expacs. Also I'm suspicious I don't see named/chests on the mini without using it. Once I had it shut off and I didn't see a single chest or named on my mini map.

p.s. shut autoskip cutscenes and dialogue off in options if you want a normal experience with this addon. otherwise its going to automate all interactions as fast as possible.

Last edited:

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Brikker Brikker , you sure you don't want a bump?

wowsl23.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
So I am a miner/herber. I hit every node I saw in Bastion. I was almost 56 when I finished it. Did a few side quests. Got 800 exp at 50 per node, 1000 per node at 55.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I caved and bought Shadowlands since I have a 4 day weekend coming up. Gonna need something to do while being on lockdown again.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Hit 60 this morning and wrapped up Aerdenwald right about when I hit so I’m assuming I’m more than half way through the campaign. I’ve ran two dungeons thus far as well.

Overall, I’m enjoying the experience. Anything was better than seeing one more tentacle or horrific vision.

if you’re geared from BFA, just like previous expansions, it’s going to be awhile until you get anything worthwhile but the level squish and everything gets squished with it, you have to look a little closer at iLvL and stats than before.

Going to look deeper into Covenants tonight but I’m just glad I’m not going to have look at Aerdenwald again. It’s beautiful an everything but the characters and voice acting is borderline cringe. I think EQ/EQ2 captured the whole woodland elf and fae world than WoW did but it’s not awful just a little annoying over time.

Only reason I really rushed was because of the family stuff ahead so I hated to rush through some of the content.

I’m optimistic thus far. Just speaking to our guild it appears itemization is going to be a little more EQ in regards to looking at landing that major piece of gear instead of everyone getting something and the grinding a bunch of auxiliary stuff to make it better a la corruption, essences, etc.

No server issues really thus far. Lots of people online, and no significant bugs aside from a couple little quest nuisances here and there.

We are most curious to see how the class balancing and everything shapes up in regards to Raiding and Mythic+.

So far.... so good. Still early to tell.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I can't even access the tukUI site to grab ElvUI, is there a similar/better option? Just what I was familiar with.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I think it was in August/September that the grapevine Youtube channels like Bellular had these pieces about many senior/higher up people at Blizzard silently leaving, or planning to leave. Would fit the bill.
When you're at a company for that long, especially one like Actiblizz which is publicly traded, it's likely because you have stock options / year-end bonuses of yourself and others that would be affected if it were announced.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't even access the tukUI site to grab ElvUI, is there a similar/better option? Just what I was familiar with.

I used to use ElvUI, but now using a few mods that do a lot of the same stuff in a simpler way. Here's my mod list, nothing too fancy

mods1.jpg
mods2.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have a feeling the only reason Tigoles hasn't left is because of the Overwatch DLC.... I mean OW2. As soon that releases, I bet he leaves.