World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Don't worry guys, this cash shop will just be for cosmetic items. Would NEVER be used to buy characters.

rrr_img_60483.jpg

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Given how little effort it takes to hit 90 (especially with heirlooms the 2nd+ time around), this should be priced so highly that it is clearly only for people with more money than sense/time. They properly hit that.
Disclaimer: My lowest level out of the 11 classes is 86, so it would literally have to cost pennies before I care.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He would but we sheeple keep giving money to blizzard and the like....oh that's right he fucking gave them $15 this month and played enough of MOP to quit at like 485 ilvl which I am pretty sure is the normal mode of the first raid tier. How can you have a better life when you go back and suck off the guy that gave you a black eye?

Juvarisx

Florida
The fun thing about WoW is you can insulate yourself so well inside your guild / group of friends you don't have to deal with new players who just do that. Even stopped doing LFR once flex came out cause its far easier to do flex with 11-13 under geared guildies then the annoyance of trying to do LFR.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I would think offering it for $20 would be a better price point. Start a new character and toss in $20 to get to 90. $60 seems prohibitive.

kudos

<Banned>
The fun thing about WoW is you can insulate yourself so well inside your guild / group of friends you don't have to deal with new players who just do that. Even stopped doing LFR once flex came out cause its far easier to do flex with 11-13 under geared guildies then the annoyance of trying to do LFR.
Because that's what you want to hear when you talk about an mmo.

Juvarisx

Florida
Oh please, it happened in Everquest as well. If you were in a top end guild you rarely / never played with people outside your guild/friends/those types of skilled players unless you were leveling, and with an instant 90 its a moot point.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I would think offering it for $20 would be a better price point. Start a new character and toss in $20 to get to 90. $60 seems prohibitive.
I think that is the point though. By bringing them in at that price it is basically making it 'scarce' so as not to totally ruin the game. They will monitor the amount of purchases and go from there if it needs a price drop.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Insta-90's will bring back the awesome, non-stop laugh fest that EQ was when you'd find out the guy in your group was obviously Ebay'd.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Honestly at this point, get rid of the fucking world, and get rid of levels, its useless. Have 2 main cities, one Horde, one Ally, and then focus all attention to making dungeons and raids.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Because that's what you want to hear when you talk about an mmo.
Complains that MMOs are too insular..

The only reason the journey was fun back then was because you got to run over the poor saps below your guild. Without that it wouldn't have been half as fun.
Loves that he could "run over poor saps" below his guild. EQ fans in a nutshell, folks.