World of Warcraft: Current Year

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What class are you playing, Penance Penance ? I just dont feel like Necrotic Wake is bodying me that much considering how slowly bosses hit me in general. But if you're on key 15 or something.. that 5 extra levels would surely be the difference hehe.

Veng DH. I think the problems we have on that dungeon stem from DPS checks. Being Venge I can carry the packs, but boss DPS is a bit harder. The adds aren't too bad in that dungeon. However the first 3 bosses all are severe DPS checks. I'm starting to log all my M+ runs so I can help out the DPS we run. Hell on the second boss one of our dps didn't even have damage on the archers on the second boss which are priority targets.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Yes. Get your dps to put their dicks back in their pants and hold cooldowns for when boss is down. While it's down, first hook goes to the boss, which will interrupt fixate. The second hook goes to where the boss stands when he is on stage - partway through cast he will jump up there and then immediately get hooked back down again.
Yea just did a NW +9 easily (with 5min to spare). We landed the 1st hook on fixate but not the one after when he jumps back. But honestly, it makes a world of difference when you have big dick dps. You can fail mechanics and simply plow through.

So far, as a Disc priest, the only +10 i've timed on tyranical week were Spires and Halls, both have easy bosses. Failed to time Theater of pain on last boss at like 5%: I hardcasted a heal on the tank during the ghost charge and died, this was 100% on me cause the tank managed to survive for like a whole minute afterward, meaning I did not need to panic heal him.This is still hard for me to gauge when I need to take risks to hardcast, and ToP has some real hard bosses to heal (last boss, lich boss, and even the abomination guy). Also completed plaguefall, but it was a total shitshow with like 50 deaths at the end.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea just did a NW +9 easily (with 5min to spare). We landed the 1st hook on fixate but not the one after when he jumps back. But honestly, it makes a world of difference when you have big dick dps. You can fail mechanics and simply plow through.

So far, as a Disc priest, the only +10 i've timed on tyranical week were Spires and Halls, both have easy bosses. Failed to time Theater of pain on last boss at like 5%: I hardcasted a heal on the tank during the ghost charge and died, this was 100% on me cause the tank managed to survive for like a whole minute afterward, meaning I did not need to panic heal him.This is still hard for me to gauge when I need to take risks to hardcast, and ToP has some real hard bosses to heal (last boss, lich boss, and even the abomination guy). Also completed plaguefall, but it was a total shitshow with like 50 deaths at the end.
Kul'Tharok (Lich after Tonado guys) - The tank can generally keep themselves alive there (depending on the type of tank, obviously). As a prot pally, I actually end up healing other people to help the healer cause the tank doesnt even get hit with any mechanics there.That debuff hits two people really hard and its just a QOL thing I can help the healer with.

Mordretha (Last boss, Lich) - Kyrian Covenant wins here with Divine Toll for the tank. As soon as the adds dropped, if they are somewhat grouped - Divine Toll will interrupt all of them and gather them all up to be quickly deleted. I'm not positive if the adds ability is on a timed CD or if its on health break points, but generally 90% of the time, Divine toll will be up for the second add spawn, and if DPS is low enough, the third. My biggest issue is people that just dont dodge the charging bull riders, or Mordretha's frontal cast and thats insanely irritating to me.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

As a Veng DH that pugs a lot of +10s - I really, really hate disc priests atm. I literally go snail pace with them whereas every other healer seems to mostly keep up. Tyrannical is also hilariously awesome at watching DPS fail to mechanics (or simply not understand them).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

As a Veng DH that pugs a lot of +10s - I really, really hate disc priests atm. I literally go snail pace with them whereas every other healer seems to mostly keep up. Tyrannical is also hilariously awesome at watching DPS fail to mechanics (or simply not understand them).
^^This. I just dont know what it is, but Disc priests make me feel like I have to heal myself far more out of necessity. Which is across the board for them. Kudo's to those that play them and do well, I just havent experienced one that does. Again, based on experience a step up from Disc is .. Holy Pally < Mist Weaver < Holy Priest < Tree < Shaman. In general, I feel like most healers need a buff or something similar.

Last edited:

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
One veng DH asked me what spec I was, and when I answered "Disc" he promptly left the M+ group lol. What I dont like about disc atm is that I cannot realiably heal with attonement, there is way more shadow mend spamming than I'd like. It's decent HPS, but not very efficient mana wise. What I like about the class is managing cooldown around abilities, like bubbling the soak beam on HoA, or preventive rapture on big aoe.

I have also yet to see a tank not jump from one pack to the next without a millisecond of downtime.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Disc requires the healer to be at the top of their game at all times. One slight pause nukes your throughput. Some people just aren't cut out for it.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
One veng DH asked me what spec I was, and when I answered "Disc" he promptly left the M+ group lol. What I dont like about disc atm is that I cannot realiably heal with attonement, there is way more shadow mend spamming than I'd like. It's decent HPS, but not very efficient mana wise. What I like about the class is managing cooldown around abilities, like bubbling the soak beam on HoA, or preventive rapture on big aoe.

I have also yet to see a tank not jump from one pack to the next without a millisecond of downtime.

Aren't Holy Priests awful right now?

Merrith

^^This. I just dont know what it is, but Disc priests make me feel like I have to heal myself far more out of necessity. Which is across the board for them. Kudo's to those that play them and do well, I just havent experienced one that does. Again, based on experience a step up from Disc is .. Holy Pally < Mist Weaver < Holy Priest < Tree < Shaman. In general, I feel like most healers need a buff or something similar.

That's the best play they've ever seen? Have done and seen tons of Hunters disengage themselves back up routinely to save myself/themselves.

Daidraco

That's the best play they've ever seen? Have done and seen tons of Hunters disengage themselves back up routinely to save myself/themselves.
Think it was more just a clutch pull. Seen a dumb ass get launched today and a Tornado save him.

Holy is good enough to do things with afaik. Maybe the high keys would be more crucial. It's just bad that I purposefully seek out Druids and Shamans over any other healer atm.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Any monk tanks here? Was curious how are they this expansion especially in mythic +, torghast and compared to other tanks. Been playing a DH tank lately (already have a pally tank) but want to try another tank and monk has been on my radar.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
195 ilevel right now. grinded hard to get here, fucking keys hard to get as a RDPS. Most want the biggest powerball cleave they can get and know RDPS is just a shitty stand-in for something that can really pump every pull. Cracking 7+ key groups has been very difficult.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did my first Mythic with my PS4 Controller Holy Priest. Got some epic gloves and a t2 keystone.

I'm iLevel 172, felt that my heals didn't heal enough so I probably need better gear? Will farm the legendary memory I need later.

What should I do with this keystone, make a group to run it? Is it more difficult enemies for higher iLevel drops?

Interesting seeing the Disc vs Holy discussion, I usually play Disc but didn't like the removal of direct heals other than Shadow Mend. Best to stay Holy?

• 1Moron

Daidraco

Did my first Mythic with my PS4 Controller Holy Priest. Got some epic gloves and a t2 keystone.

I'm iLevel 172, felt that my heals didn't heal enough so I probably need better gear? Will farm the legendary memory I need later.

What should I do with this keystone, make a group to run it? Is it more difficult enemies for higher iLevel drops?

Interesting seeing the Disc vs Holy discussion, I usually play Disc but didn't like the removal of direct heals other than Shadow Mend. Best to stay Holy?
- That controller bit still just makes me cringe when I think of someone healing me in higher keys.

- 172 is definitely going to be your problem, simply because you are at the ass end bottom of Mythic (non keystone) gear. You're weeks behind on the Mythic+ wave, so you might as well take your time like you've been doing or slam your head against as many Mythic and Mythic + keys as you can. Your Legendary will help, but they usually arent going to drastically change your QoL.

- As a Healer (and tanks as well), you generally have the choice to join whatever group you want and totally ignore your key. If you're struggling finding a group cause of your ilvl, then thats when you use that key. Make a premade group in dungeon finder and put the +2 in the title and people will queue up with you. You can be a picky bastard all you want at that point.

- Stay Holy.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Any monk tanks here? Was curious how are they this expansion especially in mythic +, torghast and compared to other tanks. Been playing a DH tank lately (already have a pally tank) but want to try another tank and monk has been on my radar.
Vitality pointed out to me the best way to get a gauge of things right now is to just look up what the "pros" are using in the area that you want to go into. Head over to World of Warcraft Rankings for Mythic+ and Raid Progress and just look at what's doing best. You can go to Mythics or raids, select tank and check it out. You'll literally see every tank up there within the top 50. So any of them are fine. The easy flavor of the month class is the Demon Hunter tank in Mythic + though, as you can see. There are just pages and pages of purple tanks. That screams nerf them to me, and stop nerfing the fk out of all the other tanks.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
- That controller bit still just makes me cringe when I think of someone healing me in higher keys.

- 172 is definitely going to be your problem, simply because you are at the ass end bottom of Mythic (non keystone) gear. You're weeks behind on the Mythic+ wave, so you might as well take your time like you've been doing or slam your head against as many Mythic and Mythic + keys as you can. Your Legendary will help, but they usually arent going to drastically change your QoL.

- As a Healer (and tanks as well), you generally have the choice to join whatever group you want and totally ignore your key. If you're struggling finding a group cause of your ilvl, then thats when you use that key. Make a premade group in dungeon finder and put the +2 in the title and people will queue up with you. You can be a picky bastard all you want at that point.

- Stay Holy.
Thanks! I get the idea, keystones are semi limited so DPS need them to get in a group but tanks are rare enough to join any group and heals somewhere in the middle.

I got the legendary and it reduces the cast speed of Heal by 1 second if you cast Flash Heal every 15 secs to maintain a buff, so that'll solve my healing issues since Heal is my main button.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did a m2 without much difficulty, seems like the controller experiment is a success.

• 2Imbecile
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users